It Is Time.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It Is Time....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Retire? One doesn't quit from taking a Yankee conference program to four national championships! One dies with their boots on! You don't get to say it's over.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Hey @8893...the Germans?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I mean, you could thank me for the 4 titles and decades of service, I guess. Or maybe you're more focused on some weirdo that drinks hot sauce on Twitter and hasn't gotten us anywhere near a natty yet.

yes, I could thank you and be grateful. Much like I could thank my dad having a weak pull out game and the creation of me. I could be grateful for the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor. I could be grateful for the written language, creation of the internet and a bunch of other stuff.

But I'm not one to dwell on past accomplishments. I'm a forward looking person always trying to improve going forward.

In this case McFly, it's Back To The Future.

Whatever. You do what you need to do. I highly doubt any one will internet tough guy you in to doing you don't want to do. What's another championship. We have four. Should just be satisfied.

Reaction Score
I bought 4 tickets to late-career BB King. Cost me over $500. It was pathetic. He didn't finish a single song. Noodled a bit, told a bunch of shaggy-dog stories. Unlike Deep, he didn't know when to get out.

BB who? How many national championships was he responsible for?

(I saw him in Stamford not many years before he passed away. I thought it was still a good show.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know it's mixing threads, but given the ticket price increase, I am sure there are some people who'd choose to hang AD Dave (or whoever made that decision). Feels like that would feed the mojo.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Screw that Deep. This thing is going on without you whether you quit or die. You can keep going, hand it off, or have it taken from you. The insanity of this fanbase is what makes it fun and if it ceases to be so that's on you. If you want out, say it again and one of us will hang you ourselves.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I like the sound of this. I can think of no larger rejection of the MOJO than Deepster saying "It's just too hard. Nobody around here is my friend, anymore."

Suck it up, Nancy!

We have hung so many around here, for so much less.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let’s enter the metaverse and hang a twitter idiot. I nominate that doofus hotballs.

Him and all his ilk all suck up to AD David Benedict.
He's bitching about it today though.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
BTW, where the hell is Swami in all this?

I mean, we don't really need a Judge, especially if the Judge at issue has both repudiated his responsibilities and poked the MOJO in the eye, two knuckles deep.

A good old fashioned lynching is just as good.

Hang 'em high!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Let’s enter the metaverse and hang a twitter idiot. I nominate that doofus hotballs.

Him and all his ilk all suck up to AD David Benedict.
Oh this is gold.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I dunno Deep. I think the ingredients are here this year.

We've got Skinner making an appearance with Charli and Dixie's dad, which gives you the chance of landing viral mojo on TikTok that will make your daughter proud. Then maybe you can ride off into the sunset with No. 5.
Amassing the power of the yard to intermingle with the tik tok stans saying go huskies and the confusion that would follow is the best mojo potential in a long time.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I know it's mixing threads, but given the ticket price increase, I am sure there are some people who'd choose to hang AD Dave (or whoever made that decision). Feels like that would feed the mojo.
I feel a metaphorical lynching of the AD might be cause for alarm with the media.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Amassing the power of the yard to intermingle with the tik tok stans saying go huskies and the confusion that would follow is the best mojo potential in a long time.
Make the Twitter mafia recreate every selfie of the tik tok twins for the entire tournament. Make @Penfield organize them. He has their respect and is beholden to the rules of the yard.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
BTW, where the hell is Swami in all this?

I mean, we don't really need a Judge, especially if the Judge at issue has both repudiated his responsibilities and poked the MOJO in the eye, two knuckles deep.

A good old fashioned lynching is just as good.

Hang 'em high!
I’m not even convinced that swami has watched a hoops game since 2001.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Nah. I'm done.

The old guard who used to make this great is no longer around. Dogfather, Gars44, RabidHusky, SuzyQ, AussieCuz, etc, etc. I've thought about this for a while now and I don't want to be Sinatra on stage, forgetting the lyrics to songs and way past his prime. We had a good run, but I'm retired from the bench.

Certainly not a WINNING attitude.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Nah. I'm done.

The old guard who used to make this great is no longer around. Dogfather, Gars44, RabidHusky, SuzyQ, AussieCuz, etc, etc. I've thought about this for a while now and I don't want to be Sinatra on stage, forgetting the lyrics to songs and way past his prime. We had a good run, but I'm retired from the bench.
It's been a long time. I can't even remember the name of the keeper of the mojo rules. Was it Leticia something or other?

Reaction Score
Poor Tom.

He will be suffering with the realization that the last successful hanging around here revolved around Senhor Testiculo.

I will say that people at my work at that time didn't fully appreciate Senhor being sent in an email with no context to the department - the WWL doesn't always have a good sense of humor.

Reaction Score
I kinda dig this whole idea...the BY has expanded significantly from the glory days and maybe it's time to shake up the mojo and transition to the next gen hanging...would certainly be hilarious to see random folk swarmed with BYers...maybe I'll even figure out how to use Twitter or tik tok

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom