It’s time to replace Randy. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It’s time to replace Randy.

Reaction Score
No conference.
No bowl tie ins.
Season ticket base of roughly 10,000.
No built in state grown talent (the best talent heads to the B1G and the ACC)
No budget for assistants/coordinators
Future schedule featuring NM State an LA Tech plus sacrificial Road/pay me so I don’t lose as much money games

If you are lucky, you get a step up coach from a mid level FCS team that has moved from perpetual doormat to a winn8ng percentage,
Yeah, you're right, but money talks. Just get someone who knows when to call the right play.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
This is year 3 of a 5 year plan. LOTS of freshmen on this team and little experience overall at the collegiate level. Season is very young still. Let's see what happens as the season goes on. If there's no progress, THEN I think you have a right to complain but give it some more time. Reasonable improvement and progress is what you want to see.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you're right, but money talks. Just get someone who knows when to call the right play.
Where does the money come from with no conference? The magical independent TV deal that does not exist?

RE is one of the lowest paid FBS coaches. Not just in the AAC but for all FBS schools. There is no known commodity or hot up and coming coach coming to replace RE at Uconn because, as you said, money talks and those guys will go to the money jobs.

Becthe AD for a second and tell me the total coaching budget for an 8 dependent FBS program. To give you a head start, Google UMASS, LA Texh and NM State because their budgets for FB are what you have for Uconn going forward.

Uconn has chosen men’s and women’s basketball for paying competitive coaching salaries, both head coach and assistants. FB will not get the same treatment.

Reaction Score
Not chanting anything. Do you recall what Bobby Red Pants did to this program. Did you expect a quick rebuild? If so, why the hell did you expect that was possible?

I can’t have the same conversation over and over. You’re entitled to your opinion.

SwingDog

Reaction Score
...and you can't compare UCF's meteoric rise to UConn's struggles. As Randy said the other day, UCF is in the center of a recruiting hotbed. UConn isn't, and that's the truth. Doesn't mean the program can't become respectable like it once was, but it's very tough to compete for the best recruits.

Reaction Score
...and you can't compare UCF's meteoric rise to UConn's struggles. As Randy said the other day, UCF is in the center of a recruiting hotbed. UConn isn't, and that's the truth. Doesn't mean the program can't become respectable like it once was, but it's very tough to compete for the best recruits.
Younleft out with no conference, no TV contract, no bowl tie ins and no fan base when trying to compete for the best recruits.

Do you remember when Uconn was considered the school with the meteoric rise in FB?

Reaction Score
Exactly. Not to mention the Dept. is broke and we don't have a conference.

Reaction Score
No conference.
No bowl tie ins.
Season ticket base of roughly 10,000.
No built in state grown talent (the best talent heads to the B1G and the ACC)
No budget for assistants/coordinators
Future schedule featuring NM State an LA Tech plus sacrificial Road/pay me so I don’t lose as much money game

If you are lucky, you get a step up coach from a mid level FCS team that has moved from perpetual doormat to a winn8ng percentage,
......but other than that lol. Thank you for saving me the effort. How is this not crystal clear to everyone.

Reaction Score
if you have to ask you don’t need the answer
Wow, you're brilliant, but you're right I don't need the answer, already knew it. Just wanted him to explain his reasoning as an ardent UConn football fan on why no decent coach would take the job if Edsall were fired? Since you chimed in, why do you think no decent coach would take the job? I mean with you being a UConn football fan.

Reaction Score
Randy made excuses and didn't own something. Shocked, I'm totally shocked.

Reaction Score
This is year 3 of a 5 year plan. LOTS of freshmen on this team and little experience overall at the collegiate level. Season is very young still. Let's see what happens as the season goes on. If there's no progress, THEN I think you have a right to complain but give it some more time. Reasonable improvement and progress is what you want to see.
Agree 100%, but when posters become the naysayers, and as you say, they don't give it enough time, I just get the feeling through their statements that they are happy to see UConn football go into the toilet. Haters masquerading as fans.

SwingDog

Reaction Score
Younleft out with no conference, no TV contract, no bowl tie ins and no fan base when trying to compete for the best recruits.

Do you remember when Uconn was considered the school with the meteoric rise in FB?
Right...not a whole lot to use as a draw for potential recruits. All you really have is a considerable number of players who have been drafted and have gone on to have decent NFL careers. I guess that's something. Oh yeah, and there is the state of the art practice facility. The program doesn't appear positioned for success but let's see what Randy can do over the next 3 years (including this one). My sense is this is UConn's last chance to bring this program up to an economically feasible level to the point its existence can be justified.

SwingDog

Reaction Score
Randy never runs out of excuses - that is for himself.
I'm not saying success can't be achieved at UConn, but is it not a fact there's a recruiting disadvantage? Randy is being given time to prove his theory and execute his plan. At the end of 5 years he will have had the opportunity to go out and find the right players to work with. That's what he's been saying all along. If it doesn't work there will be no more excuses. We shall see.

Reaction Score
lol you proposed the handful of fans left after this decade... want uconn to lose. makes sense champ.
Whaler, I'll leave you now to ponder the UConn football universe. Goodnight

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
For what? You can't fire him now as no coach will take the job with such a short leash.

Not going to happen nor should it right now. I would agree with a new offensive coordinator but than again that might be bad with the ever changing coordinators doesn't help the offensive players

Reaction Score
Edsall isn’t going anywhere. And if you don’t think Steven Krajewski settled down, threw the ball better downfield than any of our other QB’s—and showed a growing command of the field—you weren’t watching. I get that UCF had subs in at the end but this game gave Steven Krajewski his sea legs. I want to see him named next weeks starter, take lots of reps with the 1’s and open the playbook for him vs USF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom