It’s officially camp season... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

It’s officially camp season...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You beat me to it.

Those other schools are struggling to pick between high 3 star and 4 star kids, where either one will do.

We're picking between 3 very different QBs in terms of arrival (3-star red shirt freshman, D2 transfer, and a P5 walk-on transfer). Not finding a window to choose there is pretty dire, IMO...

Leon being ‘banged-up’ all camp and seemingly not playing based on what we’ve heard means you can toss him out.

It’s going to be Beaudry on day 1 (spoiler alert)... thank god its Wagner and not a legit CAA team.

Chances Z starts a game in 2019? 33%.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Leon being ‘banged-up’ all camp and seemingly not playing based on what we’ve heard means you can toss him out.

It’s going to be Beaudry on day 1 (spoiler alert)... thank god its Wagner and not a legit CAA team.

Chances Z starts a game in 2019? 33%.

Agreed. But the fact that they aren't talking about Beaudry in the same way that they talked about Pindell over Shireffs at this same time period two years ago is what scares me the most...

Reaction Score
Agreed. But the fact that they aren't talking about Beaudry in the same way that they talked about Pindell over Shireffs at this same time period two years ago is what scares me the most...

How’d that work out?

I get the angst... nobody else is walking through the QB room door this week.

I believe they know who QB1 is - and right or wrong approach, my gut tells me that they are keeping the off-field pressure off the choice for now.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
How’d that work out?

For a couple of quarters. ;)

The point I was making is that Edsall is not shy about making that pronouncement at this stage, even if the guy has a short leash. It's better to get folks excited about that choice now, even if it doesn't last a full game...

Reaction Score
While I appreciate that they feel they need to keep it tight to the vest, not knowing who your starting QB is this close to the first game is probably the most depressing thing this off-season. Really bad news...
Not sure it’s true but I read Edsall did not name dan o as starting QB until the season started. He may know who the starter is and won’t say.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Not sure it’s true but I read Edsall did not name dan o as starting QB until the season started. He may know who the starter is and won’t say.

He's not shy about that. Not recently, anyways...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

That is totally not true.

Orlovsky took over midseason 01 and his job was never in doubt after that.

Reaction Score
That's been my thinking with Edsall all along. Keep everybody guessing til the season starts. If the case, I'm fine with that.

Reaction Score
According to the OC’s interview he said they all did good. What did Beaudry do to separate himself from the other QB’s?
From what I saw Beaudry made quicker decisions. Krajewski was sacked more times. That being said, I think we will them both play a lot this season.

Reaction Score
are they picking between a d2 transfer off an injury, a player who couldn’t get ahead of marvin washington on the 2 deep and a true freshman from canada with no fbs offers?

the problem aint the timing....
Guys get injured all the time and recover. And perhaps he’s improved and is better than we think. I think it is timing. Even if all of those guys had D1 offers and were injury free, if they’re pretty close in terms of talent a decision would still be in the balance, just like Medic’s prior post. From what I hear, the kid Zergiotis is actually really good. I don’t think he’ll start as it comes down to Beaudry and Steven Krajewski

Reaction Score
He did start with the 1s, to me he was the best . Krajewski was okay.
Well I would think if he knew for sure he wouldn’t be splitting 1 reps amongst the group. These reps are so valuable for your starter to create the rapport with the receivers.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Another competition on-going pending release of two-deep:

Punter is set. But is it the grad student Young who will start at PK. ?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From what I saw Beaudry made quicker decisions. Krajewski was sacked more times. That being said, I think we will them both play a lot this season.

That observation is inline with RE's statements earlier in camp that Krajewski sometimes holds on too long trying to be a perfectionist and Steven Krajewski needing to be a bit more aggressive with his reads and throws. RE said Krajewski is afraid to make mistakes and that apprehension hurts him overall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom