It’s officially camp season...

Reaction Score
008.jpg

->->Link to 2:00p Press Conference <- <-

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 33s
Donovan WIlliams and Tyler Coyle added as captains of #UConn football team

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 51s
Eli Thomas is not cleared to play. Won't be cleared this year. Career over, at least playing.

Mike Anthony @ManthonyCourant
Eli Thomas, who sustained a stroke in winter, will not play football again at UConn but is a captain and will remain with the program.

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe
Thomas, who’s recovering from a stroke, is home in Elmira awaiting the birth of a child. He will remain a vital part of the team, according to Edsall.

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman18s
Jeff Woods, a freshman defensive lineman, told Edsall an hour ago that he will transfer. The Huskies have 79 scholarship players (and 99 total) at this moment but plan to add one more. (He texted Edsall he was transferring a short time before start of press conference)

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 1m
Another addition will be coming to #UConn football roster

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
Randy Edsall expects to make it official in next day or two

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 1m
Edsall on the QB situation: "I feel like we are a lot further along at this point than we were a season ago." #UConnFootball Mike Beaudry, Steven Krajewski, Micah Leon & Jack Zergiotis will battle throughout camp for QB1

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 1m
Edsall: "We were playing with infants (on defense) last year, guys that were just out of the womb."

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe
UConn only has seven scholarship seniors on roster.

Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 35s
Huskies' biggest strength is the offensive line and Edsall seems to indeed like what he has with that group #UConnFootball

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman 29s
CB Ryan Carroll and RB Khyon Gillespie will play this year because they "did not do what they had to in the classroom," Edsall says

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 1m
Edsall casually slips in that Ryan Carroll and Khyon Gillespie will not play this year because they didn't meet academic standards.

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 18s
"Ardell Brown will bring the leadership we need to the wide receiver room." - Edsall #UConnFootball

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 10s
NG/DT Travis Jones down to 336. Could be a monster.

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller 38s
Randy Edsall raving about maturity and attitude of former Wilbur Cross star Travis Jones. Sophomore DL is now at 336 pounds

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched some of it and boy... Edsall is just not a charismatic guy. I hope he's better with the kids and does a great job developing them cause press conferences are definitely not his strong suit.

Was glad to hear about the improvement in the S&C, though.

Reaction Score
If you've watched Edsall long enough, he wins the locker room. Take the Gillespie and Carroll academic issues. These are non-starters for him, and he is completely emotionless when he talks about it. Those are the standards, UConn has a great academic support system in place and if you can't make the grades, you've let yourself and your teammates down. Accountability to yourself and to the team are the standard and with no talk about love and hugs and feelings around stuff the kids can control

Reaction Score
I watched some of it and boy... Edsall is just not a charismatic guy. I hope he's better with the kids and does a great job developing them cause press conferences are definitely not his strong suit.

Same as he ever was ...

I don’t think the media or the Fanbase was ever uber demanding of him. So he’s in Coachspeak often. He’s solid in recruiting; excellent evaluation. And good closer. But he’s stiff and rigid for a modern coach - which frankly, in football, I’m fine with that.

Reaction Score
Same as he ever was ...

I don’t think the media or the Fanbase was ever uber demanding of him. So he’s in Coachspeak often. He’s solid in recruiting; excellent evaluation. And good closer. But he’s stiff and rigid for a modern coach - which frankly, in football, I’m fine with that.
We are still recovering from someone who was charismatic but was a lousy program CEO.

Reaction Score

He's always been like that.. Same lunch pale type mentality... Worked wonders for our program at this level of football... I love it...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know QB is a giant question mark but it is easy to be optimistic about our OLine and running game. If they can chew some clock and keep our D off the field that be big.

Glad to hear conditioning is improved. A few games last year we had strong 1st quarters or 1st halves before the wheels came off. That’s conditioning and being too weak and too slow.

Control the clock and compete for 60 minutes and I’ll be happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom