Isaiah Whaley Commits Tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley Commits Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

He mentioned the new strengtg and conditioning coach as a major reason why he committed

When he is called a power forward, I thought of that. Only if the new S&C guy pumped him up!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Good news, I'm happy we got another big with potential.

Also, he looks a lot like Tupac with a Kobe early 2000's mini fro.
Spot on.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, looks like the sell push worked on at least one guy. Some lessons we can start to built a new narrative around. For Bigs, the fact the new S&C Coach worked with Anthony Davis seemed to have made an impression.

A new stretch goal is to put everything into obtaining a commitment while the recruit is on campus!

Over the years we have built up some skinny dudes coming in such as Kirk King, Hilton Armstrong and even Emeka. Jeff Adrian was strong from the get go but he really developed that strength too. Maybe we can get that reputation back? Travis would spend half a session expounding on some obscure academic theory about the flexibility of some tendon no one had heard of before rather doing the grind with heavy metal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just don't post it. That guys sucks, don't give him daylight.

Guy looks like a . I feel marginally better now that I've said that.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Looks like he could be a good grinder down low, exactly what we need right now. Rebounds, defensive, and attitude.

Reaction Score
We desperately need rebounding and he has a 7'2" wingspan and big hands so if he can grab and hold the ball and put back a layup we have a winner. Shotblocking and defense of course. He's 6'9" 200 so that is seriously thin. Not a post player but is he just going to be thrown around in the paint, hope not but I'm exited to have a power forward.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
TuPork Chopur
jumping-out-of-window.gif

That's amazing.

pj

Reaction Score
My only concern is that this may take us out of the Poor Bear sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
This will be a project and a half but..... He's over 6' 7" , helps us field a team for '17-'18 and low cost high reward if that makes sense. Won't impact the record next season but there isn't anyone available at this point not named Waters who would. Good to here yes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This geek might have been drinking w/NEforceUConn last night, either way he comes up knowing nothing. He should be happy I don't twit. LOL

NEforce, despite lacking any clarity whatsoever, was all positive though. This guy is a piss soaked wet blanket.

Reaction Score
This will be a project and a half but..... He's over 6' 7" , helps us field a team for '17-'18 and low cost high reward if that makes sense. Won't impact the record next season but there isn't anyone available at this point not named Waters who would. Good to here yes.

There are some good grad transfers on the market that can help!

Reaction Score
Kirk King was never skinny ....

sheesh
Neither was Okafor, and Hilton wasn't a total stringbean. College kids have great metabolisms and have a tendency to be thin but UCONN has had trouble attracting bigs with flesh let alone muscle. When we play Cincy and SMU we see plenty of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom