Isaiah Washington Speculation Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Washington Speculation Thread

Reaction Score
My view on Kentan taking too long is that he wasn't given enough of a chance. I'm sure someone will quote his lousy stats but it's the same way I feel about Diarra. I just get the sense that Ollie didn't have much patience for bigger guys making mistakes, while he overlooked tons of mistakes by guards and wings.
I think the arrival of Shonn Miller really stunted his growth as well. That would’ve been a whole season with him getting major minutes.

Reaction Score
The reason is very clear. You want to say he can't develop players. He couldn't develop anyone in the last 3 years. He did develop players in the 3 years prior to that.

These are just basic facts.
You don't even know what facts are. @

Reaction Score
Ok dude lol. So you made up something to disagree with? I’m upset with myself for having engaged with you in this conversation. I should’ve known exactly what would come of it. I’m over it. On to Mr. Washington lol

In your mind, you made sense when you wrote this. Scary.

Reaction Score
My view on Kentan taking too long is that he wasn't given enough of a chance. I'm sure someone will quote his lousy stats but it's the same way I feel about Diarra. I just get the sense that Ollie didn't have much patience for bigger guys making mistakes, while he overlooked tons of mistakes by guards and wings.

But you have to remember Kentan fell off again and didn't assert himself late in the year. He blossomed midway through, and then became the same guy we saw the previous 3 years. I mean, he wasn't even a Gavin Edwards.

Reaction Score
Oh c'mon. By this standard no coach develops players. Why is it impossible to concede that - notwithstanding how things turned out - Ollie might have been a pretty decent coach who for whatever reason did not succeed at UConn?

It's not fair to say KO didn't develop any players. It's also not fair to say KO alone developed players. A coach can only do so much, the player has to put the work in. Some coaches can motivate and inspire them to want to do more, some can't. I believe KO and/or his staff at some point lost the ability to either find the kids who wanted to work, or to inspire those who needed that extra push.

Whatever the reasons, the players weren't improving, and the team wasn't improving.

I didn’t say what you think I said.

I think Ollie would be a great assistant. The jury is still out on running a program. He might have a better shot in the NBA as a head coach with the right players.

C

Chief00

We haven't seen kids improve in the last couple of years. But kids improved under Ollie before that. It's undeniable that Giffey, Daniels, Napier and Boatright improved. That's 4 guys right there.
Quite frankly, Blaney and Hobbs helped. Calhoun attended nearly every practice the first two years before KO wanted to be his own man.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kentan took too long though, and it wasn't even the start of his senior season.
Yeah. But improvement nonetheless. It really is easy to make statements who’s to blame - player, coach or combo. None of us know with absolute certainty.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He gave more than enough time for Brimah. Brimah reduced his minutes with fouls. And how about DO this season?

Kentan was lost on offense and defense. It wasn’t until his senior year he put it together.

Reaction Score
Having talked to Kemba and his family while at UConn they all said KO was one of if not the biggest reasons for his development

I distinctly recall him crediting Andy Lefleur with his development, in an article just a few weeks after the courant did an article ( which in retrospect was clearly a coordinated effort to get Ollie the HC gig ) on what a great developer of talent Ollie the Assistant was, and how much he benefitted Kemba his junior year. I remember thinking that it was super-awkward that Kemba effectively responded to the Courant’s assertion by saying that it was Lafleur.

Reaction Score
I distinctly recall him crediting Andy Lefleur with his development, in an article just a few weeks after the courant did an article ( which in retrospect was clearly a coordinated effort to get Ollie the HC gig ) on what a great developer of talent Ollie the Assistant was, and how much he benefitted Kemba his junior year. I remember thinking that it was super-awkward that Kemba effectively responded to the Courant’s assertion by saying that it was Lafleur.

Andre was lead recruiter for Kemba. I don't doubt he had some part in his development but KO had the biggest impact. 60+ games (home, away, tournaments) of sitting with his mom, cousin and guy who worked him out throughout high school was where I got the KO praise from

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hearing good things about our chances to land Harris!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

This kid has the most vintage 90s UCONN game i've ever seen.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Under no circumstances is this site to be used to encourage anyone to contact a recruit or a player on another team in order to encourage them to play for UConn.

That's what Twitter is for.

I kid, of course.

Reaction Score
That's what Twitter is for.

I kid, of course.
I can’t take anything you say seriously with that avi lmboo. Whenever you post I imagine Peter saying your post it’s very entertaining

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom