Isaiah Washington Speculation Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Washington Speculation Thread

Reaction Score
And starts over our 5* McD AA PG Gilbert? Really? I know it's fashionable to pretend he doesn't exist, but he does.
We have to basically plan like he doesn't exist. Even if his shoulder is fixed he hasn't played in 3 years. No reason another guard can't play next to Gilbert, either. The washongton kid has a ton of potential

Reaction Score
I'm not sure on him, but for those complaining...

His freshman season was VERY similar to jalen's. Right around 8/2/2 on low percentages and about 20 mins per game.

There's potential. I'm just not sure we can wait a year for a guard to come in. We need a body now.

One thing that you learned while cheering for Husker basketball is how beneficial that year of sitting out can be for a transfer. Terran Petteway, Andrew White, James Palmer Jr all came to nebraska from limited roles on other P5 teams, sat out a year lifted and practiced 24/7 then became all B1G. I can see us needing bodies now, but if Jelly becomes available, we'd all better be sending flowers and gifts to his parents because he will be an all conference guard for somebody.

Watching him play against Nebraska twice this year, and a few more games (look up what he did against Michigan), when he comes in the game, a certain excitement buzz just stems because you know he has the ability to just completely change how the game is going. He is a dynamic guard that can get to the rim and finish at will.

Reaction Score
One thing that you learned while cheering for Husker basketball is how beneficial that year of sitting out can be for a transfer. Terran Petteway, Andrew White, James Palmer Jr all came to nebraska from limited roles on other P5 teams, sat out a year lifted and practiced 24/7 then became all B1G. I can see us needing bodies now, but if Jelly becomes available, we'd all better be sending flowers and gifts to his parents because he will be an all conference guard for somebody.

Watching him play against Nebraska twice this year, and a few more games (look up what he did against Michigan), when he comes in the game, a certain excitement buzz just stems because you know he has the ability to just completely change how the game is going. He is a dynamic guard that can get to the rim and finish at will.
People forget that players can develop because we didn't really see any Ollie recruits improve that much

Reaction Score
One CBB fan board is about the same as any other as far as actual inside knowledge of the team goes. So expecting to find informed opinion there isn't any different that trying to find informed opinion about our team here.

They are probably reading the same twitter tea leaves that started this thread, and have no more insight into the kid's thoughts than we do.

They all have Chief being fed info from Bunky?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So if you get Washington, then don't we have to offset his 1 year sit out as a transfer with a grad transfer that can play immediately? And then you end up using that third slot for what, a freshman SG?

Seems like the sweet spot for Hurley would be to run off one of the existing tweeners from the squad so he can also get his own big man this cycle as part of the mix.

So ideally four kids; 1 SG or PG Grad Transfer (Cremo), 1 PG Freshman (tbd), 1 SG as Freshman or Transfer (Washington) and 1 PF Freshman (tbd).

Reaction Score
So true, just because Larrier did not take advantage of downtime, doesn’t mean someone else won’t.

We haven't seen kids improve in the last couple of years. But kids improved under Ollie before that. It's undeniable that Giffey, Daniels, Napier and Boatright improved. That's 4 guys right there.

Reaction Score
Shocked at the amount of poster that wouldn’t want the Jelly Fam General. He’s a good young player

Reaction Score
We haven't seen kids improve in the last couple of years. But kids improved under Ollie before that. It's undeniable that Giffey, Daniels, Napier and Boatright improved. That's 4 guys right there.
Can we not have this discussion AGAIN

Reaction Score
I'm not sure on him, but for those complaining...

His freshman season was VERY similar to jalen's. Right around 8/2/2 on low percentages and about 20 mins per game.

There's potential. I'm just not sure we can wait a year for a guard to come in. We need a body now.

He shot worse than Jalen in every area freshman year. FT%, 2PT%, and 3pt%. Jalen shot 27% from 3 and Washington shot worse on double the attempts. His eFG% was 40. 40! eFG! For context, that's worse than Lonzo Ball shot for the Lakers this year. And Lonzo shot 36/31/45.

He has no real athletic indicators (low steal and block numbers, average rebounding). Video above doesn't convince me he has any lateral quickness.

Seems like he has a nice handle and very strong for a freshman, but I'm out on guys that can't knock down an open shot and whose only game is hitting 4/10 contested circus floaters in the lane.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
After giving it a bit more thought, I think Hurley will first want to see what true freshman he can land in the next month and then revisit entertaining someone like Washington later this year. I could see Washington being a Sid Wilson type August transfer, especially if we shake another kid off the current roster over this summer. Got to fill the first three spots with more ideal players and then make room for Washington if space opens up later.

Reaction Score
That’s not what was said. He said we haven’t seen “recruits” improve under KO. That’s true. Giffey, Daniels, Napier, and Boatright weren’t his recruits. You can take your cape off

Uh-huh. So parsing things to frame a point is good, no matter that these players had 3 years under Ollie. But you said we're not to discuss this.

Sounds to me like you want only to talk to yourself.

Reaction Score
Uh-huh. So parsing things to frame a point is good, no matter that these players had 3 years under Ollie. But you said we're not to discuss this.

Sounds to me like you want only to talk to yourself.
Huh? Lmbooo ok

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
KO made huge mistake counting on AG last year, have to recruit like anything we get from him is gravy. Chronic issue. Too risky to count on him. Hoping like crazy we get to see the real Rique but from risk management perspective he’s like betting on a penny stock health wise.

Indeed it was. But I think there are two factors at work with this now. One, is that the prior surgeries didn't address the core problem causing the dislocations. This one did. James Andrews recommended the guy who did it, and it is supposed to prevent dislocations from ever happening again. So while he'll be rusty, he shouldn't have that injury again. Second, is the fact that any incoming recruit has to assume that Gilbert won't be 100% or he is putting himself in a competitive situation he may not find favorable. So even if UConn doesn't want to completely rely on him, we aren't in a good position to bring in a talented freshman PG. Grad trasnfer, sure.

Reaction Score
That’s not what was said. He said we haven’t seen “recruits” improve under KO. That’s true. Giffey, Daniels, Napier, and Boatright weren’t his recruits. You can take your cape off
He is the king of leaving out important information. I said recruits for a reason

Reaction Score
He is the king of leaving out important information. I said recruits for a reason

Read my post. I didn't say anything about you. I said Ollie developed players. But you two hate this guy so much your knee jerks and smacks your face when anyone so much as mentions things like, he coached this team to a national championship, or he developed 4 players considerably. Keep distorting things.

Reaction Score
Read my post. I didn't say anything about you. I said Ollie developed players. But you two hate this guy so much your knee jerks and smacks your face when anyone so much as mentions things like, he coached this team to a national championship, or he developed 4 players considerably. Keep distorting things.
Recruits were mentioned for a reason. Maybe he was great at developing guys who wanted to be developed and he just dropped the ball finding those types of players. That's the kindest rationalization I can make.

Reaction Score

Semantics aside, even the most ardent KO supporters has to admit that our post-14 players did not seem to get appreciably better. This, of course, coincides with whatever "shift" seemed to have occurred with KO personally and professionally.

Reaction Score
I hate KO? I discredited his NC? You responded to JMick saying he didn’t develope his recruits, by saying he’s wrong because he developed the 2014 core 4. You misunderstood his point is all. Labeling me a KO hater is you flailing in the wind because you were wrong. It’s okay to be wrong or admit you misunderstood the point. I created the KO appreciation thread lol. You can’t revert to calling people KO haters whenever you’re wrong. Learn to develop an actual argument instead of throwing your scaltio at people when you run out of arguments to make

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom