Isaiah Washington Speculation Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Washington Speculation Thread

Reaction Score
This kid is a good PG
Saw him play a couple Minn U games
He didn't get my eye with his scoring but handled the ball and the offensive flow pretty well
If Coach H can grab him it would be a good

We can do better. Isaiah is nothing special, he’s a junkyard dog type of point guard similar to the types Michigan St seems to always have. We need an elite point guard.

I’d pass and go hard at Jalen Lecque, Cole Anthony, and or Justin Moore from Dematha. We need elite guards not so-so guards if we expect to be good.

Reaction Score
We can do better. Isaiah is nothing special, he’s a junkyard dog type of point guard similar to the types Michigan St seems to always have. We need an elite point guard.

I’d pass and go hard at Jalen Lecque, Cole Anthony, and or Justin Moore from Dematha. We need elite guards not so-so guards if we expect to be good.
We're in on Lecque for '18 and he's likely 1 and done. If we get Lecque, Washington, Silverio it's a good haul. Lecque for this season, Washington and Silverio as sophomores in '19

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
NYS basketball player of the year wants to leave upper Midwest program after one season and rejoin coach at prominent program much closer to home back east?

Well - seems very likely this could be real. I think the question is not whether he wants to come but if his situation which involves sitting for a year really helps this team long term. Moreover does he have what Hurley is looking for.

Reaction Score
We're in on Lecque for '18 and he's likely 1 and done. If we get Lecque, Washington, Silverio it's a good haul. Lecque for this season, Washington and Silverio as sophomores in '19

I’m fine with that haul as long as we get an elite guard with Isaiah not as a substitute for one.

If we get Lecque, other good players will follow

Reaction Score
You seem to be really in on this whole Lecque reclass-to-us thing, obviously that would be so great. Where/what are you hearing about it, like to expand on it so I can understand a little. Appreciate it man.

Reaction Score
Kid wasn't very efficient in his freshman year at Minnesota, but that isn't unusual for smallish point guards learning to get their shot off at the college level.

I don't love tying up scholarships on transfers unless they're can't-miss players or huge upside guys. That said, you take the talent any way you can get it and this certainly feels like a player who tracks as a high level guard who'll be here for two or three seasons.

C

Chief00

Eh. Idk. Fans can be really immature and ridiculous. You did say of age though
Maybe so - but we love the casual fans anyways. Now you understand the context of Cbief’s Shoutouts. Millenials love that.

Reaction Score
You seem to be really in on this whole Lecque reclass-to-us thing, obviously that would be so great. Where/what are you hearing about it, like to expand on it so I can understand a little. Appreciate it man.
I just keep hearing from people that we're working on it and putting effort in. Idk any more than that.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure on him, but for those complaining...

His freshman season was VERY similar to jalen's. Right around 8/2/2 on low percentages and about 20 mins per game.

There's potential. I'm just not sure we can wait a year for a guard to come in. We need a body now.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
One of the biggest problems that I can see is that he currently seems perfectly happy playing for Minnesota.

Nothing to see here right now.
This may be the sign of things to come once the NCAA changes transfer rules in June. Kids perfectly happy in Minnesota May think they will be happier in Connecticut or vice versa.

Reaction Score

IMO, Washington has Kemba potential. As many have said, he needs to work on his decision making and his jump shot-- Exactly the two improvements Kemba eventually made that turned him into one of the best. If there's the slightest chance that he's Kemba 2.0 in three years, you gotta take him (if there's interest- all speculation of course)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
yeah if he leaves it just makes too much sense. He's a starter day 1 after he sits out for the year. Take over the reigns for Adams

And starts over our 5* McD AA PG Gilbert? Really? I know it's fashionable to pretend he doesn't exist, but he does.

Reaction Score
if he leaves and comes to the hungry huskies, he will create another brotherhood called Jellyfam for our program!!!!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
On the Minnesota message board they don’t seem to think he’s to happy there. And it’s been compounded by Kimani Young’s departure

One CBB fan board is about the same as any other as far as actual inside knowledge of the team goes. So expecting to find informed opinion there isn't any different that trying to find informed opinion about our team here.

They are probably reading the same twitter tea leaves that started this thread, and have no more insight into the kid's thoughts than we do.

Reaction Score
As much as the BY jokes about the JellyFam thing, Isaiah coming to Uconn to team up with Sid has potential to create serious buzz in the hoops community. We live in a world where kids are consumed by social media and Isaiah is arguably the most popular non-professional player in the country right now.

On top of the fact that this kid can really play, you cannot discount the buzz this would create.

Reaction Score
So he isn’t a kid. What does that have to do with the rest of what I said? It’s absolutly still stupid to tweet at him.

High school students are kids. College students are adults. There's a difference. Adults should never tweet kids. I myself wouldn't tweet anyone.

Reaction Score
As far as I understand the blaze strategy, this kid is the exact opposite....and I love it.

Then again, I'm a filthy casual fan so I could be all off on this one.

Reaction Score
And starts over our 5* McD AA PG Gilbert? Really? I know it's fashionable to pretend he doesn't exist, but he does.
KO made huge mistake counting on AG last year, have to recruit like anything we get from him is gravy. Chronic issue. Too risky to count on him. Hoping like crazy we get to see the real Rique but from risk management perspective he’s like betting on a penny stock health wise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom