Isaiah Briscoe (Committed to Kentucky) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe (Committed to Kentucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Johnny,

How are those MBB championships treating you? Oh right, Premo-Porretta and Helms don't count.

How are those alums in the NBA doing? I hear JaKarr Sampson is putting all of our guys to shame. Although to be fair, let's wait and see whether or not he can even make the roster of the worst team in the league by far.

You beat ranked teams in the regular season? We beat them in the tournament while you're off daydreaming about Lou Carnesecca's sweaters.

Storrs is the sticks? We breed championships and successful professional players. Good luck ever getting there.

P.S. Don't let the door hit you on the way out getting back to your "superior TV deal".

They are 4-22 against ranked teams in the last 3 years. That qualifies as "consistently beating ranked teams" for our buddy.

Delusional doesn't begin to describe this guy. He couldn't be further off from where he thinks SJU is compared to where they are as a program and vice versa from a UCONN stand point is like when he was a 14 year old looking for his girlfriends g spot for the first time.

But I digress. I know, I know don't feed the trolls. But its kind of fun to mess with them when they are this delusional. There isn't one iota of a fact he could say that would get me riled up and actually make me think that SJU is ANYwhere in the same stratosphere as UCONN in Men's Bball.

Reaction Score
Ah, conveniently left out our 2011 campaign where we slaughtered a bunch of top 10 teams. I believe it was 4 top ten teams you left out. No biggie.

If you guys are ready to talk Briscoe, maybe you can join me.

Reaction Score
There's an episode of Seinfeld, when George Costanza goes on a rant to his boss, quits, then realized what he's done and tries to just show up at the staff meeting the next day as if nothing had ever happened. The boss gets a few items into the meeting and then stops in disbelief and turns to a co-worker and says, "is that Costanza over there?"

I bring this up because my thought when I saw the way this thread turned is almost the same incredulous/bemused reaction:

"is that a St. John's fan talking over there?"

Reaction Score
Johnny said:
Ah, conveniently left out our 2011 campaign where we slaughtered a bunch of top 10 teams. I believe it was 4 top ten teams you left out. No biggie. If you guys are ready to talk Briscoe, maybe you can join me.

Think about what you're doing with your Saturday night - trolling an Internet message board.

Reaction Score
When I read the preseason magazines, I do read the entire Big East section. It makes me sad.

O ... I think Creighton & Xavier & Butler are fine additions; but, we are talking a HUGE drop from our heights of a few years ago. The basketball is neither as intense or competitive. (That's why PC won at MSG instead of lost in one of the earlies) Villanova ? I watched them earlier in 2014 & thought we easily could outplay them. It's a different defensive mode. That league has dialed down. In fact, the A-10 - to my eyes - has caught them at the light & are threatening to zoom past.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I have seen numerous UConn fans talking about football like you guys are one of the big boys in that category. You talk about a bowl game you made once. Cool. That was 1 year and you've been FBS for what like 15 years? I said it before and I'll say it again. UConn looks much more evenly matched vs. Villanova and SUNY Buffalo in football than Ohio State or Florida State. Even so, many UConn fans seem to hold onto the dream that you will become Ohio State somehow. Like that guy who went into business thinking he'd be a millionaire someday but stayed at about 45k never moving up.

This is like a 5'4 95 lb weakling nerd picking a fight without a gun with a 6'5 245lb linebacker........you're a funny dude Johnny. How's Omar Cook these days?

it's Johnny Time

Reaction Score
You beat Nova congrats. I wouldn't say "plowed". I would reserve that to the smack down SJ gave you in 2011 at the Garden. You know that 89-72 win SJ barely broke a sweat for. And we also beat UConn again after that as all freshmen when you had your postseason ban but still had a good team. UConn is not unbeatable. UConn is a good not great regular season team and once it comes tourney time UConn rises to the occasion and gets boiling hot. You aren't that team going undefeated tearing through people that you think you are. You are good finishers. The Giants were a wildcard team in 07 good not great. Once in the playoffs went into turbo mode. That's UConn. And it's not in Jamaica it's technically Hillcrest, Queens. But people up there wouldn't know the difference on their farms. It's actually a beautiful campus with many new buildings. The streets surrounding it are very safe and the houses are nice for the most part.

I already sent the link for the SJU branding. I have a pin I got from the university that says "SJU Alumni".

But seriously I'd like to keep it to Briscoe too. I was really just checking in to see if there was any update.

But you didn't keep it to Briscoe you opened the floodgates of which you can't repair and why? Because you are the Johnnies and we are UConn. We win NC's and you don't. Even with Chris Mullins teams you couldn't and now with Lavin, you won't. And please don't disregard UConn at MSG like a jealous little school girl, Jarvis changed the venue completely because of the outrage of UConn fans coming in busloads and convoys of cars on weekend games for years. He wasn't going to allow it and I promise, even with your solid Artest teams, UConn fans were more abundant in your home theatre than your own fans during those games. Maybe even, but even that is embarrassment. Almost as much of one as a Johnnies fan coming to pick a fight with UConn fans about mens college basketball.

If you want to talk about Briscoe come here in peace and do just that. Otherwise go away you have no leg to stand on little boy!

Reaction Score
Johnny said:
Ah, conveniently left out our 2011 campaign where we slaughtered a bunch of top 10 teams. I believe it was 4 top ten teams you left out. No biggie. If you guys are ready to talk Briscoe, maybe you can join me.
Thank you for your interest in UConn Basketball.

Reaction Score
Ah, conveniently left out our 2011 campaign where we slaughtered a bunch of top 10 teams. I believe it was 4 top ten teams you left out. No biggie.

ok… Here goes...

If Briscoe is interested in competing for NC's, he'll pick UCONN.

If he's interested in a college basketball career deeply rooted in obscurity, then St. Johns would be a perfect choice.

Reaction Score
Have an unsupported feeling that Briscoe goes to Kentucky if Newman goes elsewhere. Otherwise it is 60% SJU and 40% the champions.

Reaction Score
To be totally honest I wonder if Lavin's wife has seriously been used in recruiting efforts. If any UConn fans haven't seen her they should google her. It's worth it. Anyway, again you keep changing the standards. You can't say SJ hasn't beaten ranked teams, and you can't say they haven't been to the tourney recently, and you can't say they don't recruit well, so you have to pick something they haven't done in a while to make your point: winning while in the tourney. You can pick and choose and find stats that make anyone look bad. Why can't you just admit the obvious: that Tulane, Tulsa, and ECU cannot compete with the tourney berths, final fours, ranked wins, or recruiting levels of SHU, SJ, PC, etc.? I mean everyone knows that. You don't have to be stubborn just admit it.
You are really entertaining me with your idiocy Johnny, so thanks for that.

In all seriousness, it takes a real simpleton to look at what those schools have done in the past and just assume that is what they will do going forward, because all those schools are in a much, much better conference than they have ever been in.

By the same token, all the Big East schools are in a much, much worse conference than they have ever been in. We're talking about programs that were propped up by being in a conference with some of the greatest college basketball programs ever, and still consistently sucked. We'll see how they do now that they're in a conference where Creighton is considered a great win.

Luckily we're UCONN and that name transcends conference in college basketball.

Good luck with Briscoe. It seems like you guys are going to get him since his other 2 options are a team he really wants to go to that seems to have little interest in him, and a team that won't be willing to do the shady stuff necessary in order to get him.

Reaction Score

I say keep on with your comments about everything non Briscoe related, that's way more entertaining to me. There's nothing to say about him anyway. His recruitment is really shady. He wants to go to Kentucky but he is a lower priority for them. We're in his final 3 because we're the national champs and it just looks good to have our name in your final 3. You're the 3rd school.

Also, can you give me a general overview of how your 2011 season went? You seem really proud of it, but I don't want to spend any time looking it up. From our end, in 2011 we were Big East and National Champions. Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score

OMG, a troll who is a fan of a team who hasn't been to the NCAA's in years, comes on the board of a team with 4 NC's to argue his teams pro's vs ours!!! On a Saturday night, no less!!! Guess what??? This creep has absolutely no life!!
His arguments about Storrs....hummm, Storrs size hasn't detracted, what, 20+ pros. Plus, UConn has spent 2+ billion in campus infrastructure over the past 15 years. And, the CT legislature has just approved another 2 billion. Is that happening at St. John's?? No.
Plus, "beautiful" Queens NY might just detract more recruits, than attract them.
Then, he brags about a win over a nationally ranked team in 2011...Big Whoop!!! Remember when Jarvis did everything he could to keep UConn fans away from the Garden. That resulted in 12K showing up.
Just look at this upcoming season. UConn's first night was shared with KY on ESPN. Where was the johnnies first night on.
As far as the future, regarding conference affiliation, well, with a football team, that should get back to the days where we beat South Carolina in a bowl game in SEC country. Beat ND in South Bend, and got to a BCS game 3 short years ago will shortly return. Because of that UConn has a shot of getting an invite to a P-5 conference. St.Johns....no chance. They will be stuck in a conference where themselves, Seton Hall, DePaul, & PC haven't won an NCAA tourney game in this millennium. Good luck troll. Good luck with Briscoe. UConn would like to have him. St. Johns desperately needs him.

Reaction Score
Yes, that does kind of suck. We are pretty used to this however, in the past we were playing teams like St John's, Seton Hall, Rutgers and Providence.
You forgot Depaul !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The truth is that regardless of how successful SJ is, the draw of NYC/MSG is very real for recruits. Recruits don't always look at who just won a national championship. It has to be the right fit. I know if I were Briscoe I would not like the fact that UConn plays teams like Tulane, Tulsa, ECU, Houston, SMU, UCF, USF, etc. Sure you can get a few big OOC games but being affiliated with those schools. Yuck.

How has that draw been working out for you the past 5 years+?

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Briacoe's work at Peach Jam was special. He lead that team to a NC. This is the exact quality that Shabazz and Kemba had in leading us in 2011 and 2014.

The only problem is that Kemba and Shabazz didn't have those leadership skills until their junior year. If Briscoe comes and is not looking for an exit after one or two years, I'd be thrilled to have him. If he wants to play the 1 as a Freshman and exit for the NBA, then staff needs to determine if his leadership intangibles are superior to those of Bazz and Kemba upon entering college. Otherwise, he would be sticking other leaders at the 1. Having a experienced lead guard has allowed us to win our last 2 national championships. I only want Briscoe if he's here to lead Uconn, not take up space while waiting for the NBA.

To be honest, his interest in KY, makes me less interested in him. That being said, in KO I trust. If he brings him here, i believe he'll have to embody KO's team first mentality to get his arse off the pine. A backcourt of Briscoe and Adams with KO coaching could be unstoppable come tourney time.

Reaction Score
I say keep on with your comments about everything non Briscoe related, that's way more entertaining to me. There's nothing to say about him anyway. His recruitment is really shady. He wants to go to Kentucky but he is a lower priority for them. We're in his final 3 because we're the national champs and it just looks good to have our name in your final 3. You're the 3rd school.

Also, can you give me a general overview of how your 2011 season went? You seem really proud of it, but I don't want to spend any time looking it up. From our end, in 2011 we were Big East and National Champions. Thanks in advance!

What exactly makes his recruitment shady? Pretty par for the course in my opinion. Why do you think UCONN isn't interested? Ollie visited him at his school right before his official visit. Seems like we're interested to me.

The the UK "low priority" talk is dumb. He's has a scholarship offer from them. He can accept whenever he wants. You think they put a stipulation on his offer but not one to Charles Matthews? Rediculous.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised we're after Briscoe. I can't imagine jalen Adams will be pleased if we bring in another point guard?

Reaction Score
First I have no knowledge of what Briscoe is thinking. You would think if it was Kentucky that it would happen by now. Seems like he is deciding whether to be on a team that has talent and depth that he would have to compete with or go to a place that is an empty shell, where he could get all of the spot light. Ultimately he will do what he thinks is best for him and in the end that will be what is best for us. Meaning if he chooses us he would have come to the conclusion that competition will make him better and bought into the family concept. But if he chooses the other then he never was Husky material anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised we're after Briscoe. I can't imagine jalen Adams will be pleased if we bring in another point guard?

Both can play in the same back court together. Briscoe even mentioned so. We have good recent history with playing two PGs together on the same court......I'm sure Adams understands that we are not going to stop recruiting the best we can just because he committed to us.

Reaction Score
What exactly makes his recruitment shady? Pretty par for the course in my opinion. Why do you think UCONN isn't interested? Ollie visited him at his school right before his official visit. Seems like we're interested to me.

The the UK "low priority" talk is dumb. He's has a scholarship offer from them. He can accept whenever he wants. You think they put a stipulation on his offer but not one to Charles Matthews? Rediculous.
Don't believe I ever said we weren't interested. Your reading comprehension seems rediculous. Rediculous.

Reaction Score

A 2 point guard rotation worked for us last year. It's becoming more common in the NBA too.

Jalen also played well with Caleb Joseph in high school. So I doubt it's a problem to him whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Don't believe I ever said we weren't interested. Your reading comprehension seems rediculous. Rediculous.

Sorry. I am a bad speller. I rely heavily on spell check. The red squiggly line didn't save me here.
U do imply we're not seriously interested in him. What makes his recruiting shady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom