Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics. | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Looks like it might be time to move on.

He can play for a players coach in Ollie or play for Cal and his huge ego. One has the respect of top pro's, the other of WWW.

Reaction Score
This will drive us all crazy before its over. Is Brisco a fall commit or waiting till spring to make his choice. We might be all nuts soon and I think we have a shot here but Kentucky has well Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I dislike uk and cal immensely, but they came in 2nd. They will not beat us, but they will do a decent job beating the sec and the rest of the country. It's interesting the mcdonalds aa's consistently go to dook and uk, yet we have won 4 out of 15. I'd like to see what KO can do with 4 aa's. Given time I think that's a possibility he will recruit at that level.

Reaction Score
This will drive us all crazy before its over. Is Brisco a fall commit or waiting till spring to make his choice. We might be all nuts soon and I think we have a shot here but Kentucky has well Kentucky.

This one doesn't drive me crazy at all as I find this to be a "take it or leave it" for us for whatever reason.....

The Clarke, Mack and Jones situation however may drive ME crazy.......;)

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I dislike uk and cal immensely, but they came in 2nd. They will not beat us, but they will do a decent job beating the sec and the rest of the country. It's interesting the mcdonalds aa's consistently go to dook and uk, yet we have won 4 out of 15. I'd like to see what KO can do with 4 aa's. Given time I think that's a possibility he will recruit at that level.

I don't think our situation improves by getting a bunch of McDonald's all Americans. What has made Uconn successful was its upperclassmen leadership (I.e. juniors and seniors) not phenominal one-and-diners.

Reaction Score
How great would it be to beat out Kentucky for a recruit when many think when squid and Kentucky come calling it's all over. This still might be the case anyway but it would be nice too beat them on the court and for Briscoe. Don't think we will get him but just maybe.

pj

Reaction Score
Lexington may be an attractive city, in the sense of having suburban cleanliness and uprightness with the business and cultural opportunities of a city; but it's still a small city - metro population 472,000, compared to 1.2 million for Hartford. Tulsa and Omaha are good comparisons.

But, I don't think "intimate" had much to do with the town or city. Players spend all the time working on basketball. They care about the team environment. Kentucky takes after Calipari, it's a group of ambitious go-getters who care about the Benjamins and being in the spotlight. UConn takes after Ollie, it's about love, hard work, excellence, brotherhood, teamwork, and fellowship, and coming out of nowhere in March to shock the world.

Reaction Score
I've never been to Lexington. All I know is when Pitino coached there his wife hated the place. She actually lived in Westchester county NY, while Rick coached there.
One of the reasons Rick left to coach the Celts (big mistake there)

Reaction Score
Love how zags drops an article like this and gets no quote on the uconn visit. Kemba walker is a better nba pg than brandon knight. The harrisons might be in lexington until they are juniors. Is cal riding Walls
coattails still? Marquis teague might be out of the league in 1-2 years.

Edit: also bledsoe give him cred there.
Derrick Rose. Not UK, but still Cal, and he won an MVP over Lebron, Durant, etc...

Reaction Score
“He liked both visits, thinks he could be successful at both places, was very, very impressed with Kentucky and the machine that it is and the intimacy of UConn appeals to him,” Jimmy Salmon of the Playaz Basketball Club told SNY.tv Tuesday.

“He’s got a lot to think about.”

Briscoe Enjoys UConn, Kentucky, ‘Has a Lot to Think About’

Intimacy? What intimacy? You want intimacy you go to Dook. :)
I think you're thinking of the Duke lacrosse team.

Reaction Score
I've never been to Lexington. All I know is when Pitino coached there his wife hated the place. She actually lived in Westchester county NY, while Rick coached there.
One of the reasons Rick left to coach the Celts (big mistake there)

Well all I can say is,......... I'm SHOCKED ....:eek:

Considering Rick's, aaahem, infamous restaurant behavior, I am shocked that he would have ever had any consideration for his wife in any form, at all. ;)

Are you suggesting it was Rick that BENT OVER backwards to accommodate his wife rather than another way around? :cool:

Ohhh Rick you never cease to amaze. :rolleyes:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Lexington may be an attractive city, in the sense of having suburban cleanliness and uprightness with the business and cultural opportunities of a city; but it's still a small city - metro population 472,000, compared to 1.2 million for Hartford. Tulsa and Omaha are good comparisons.

But, I don't think "intimate" had much to do with the town or city. Players spend all the time working on basketball. They care about the team environment. Kentucky takes after Calipari, it's a group of ambitious go-getters who care about the Benjamins and being in the spotlight. UConn takes after Ollie, it's about love, hard work, excellence, brotherhood, teamwork, and fellowship, and coming out of nowhere in March to shock the world.

PJ, Hartford has about 10% of the population you think it does. No where close to a million (actually down to about 127,000) We don't have real cities in CT. Lexington would probably be closer to Boston at 645,000 than our biggest city (Bridgeport, 145,000

Reaction Score
PJ, Hartford has about 10% of the population you think it does. No where close to a million (actually down to about 127,000) We don't have real cities in CT. Lexington would probably be closer to Boston at 645,000 than our biggest city (Bridgeport, 145,000

I think he meant the greater Hartford metro region, which is around 1.2M but is basically irrelevant if you're talking about Hartford as an urban area. Connecticut has "real cities." New Haven is a "real city," it's just not the safest, most attractive city around. Doesn't make it not real.

As far as Boston and Lexington, I think you're either being way too charitable to Lexington or entirely too dismissive of Boston.

pj

Reaction Score

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

MSA population is a good measure of cultural amenities - e.g. symphony, theater, restaurants, museums, etc.

Lexington itself has 305,000 people in 285.5 square miles -- it is one of the larger cities by land area in the country -- but then the next largest town in its MSA has only 30,000. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexington–Fayette_Metropolitan_Statistical_Area.

Hartford by contrast is only 14 square miles and its population density is 8-fold higher than Lexington's. It is ringed by towns with over 50,000 people.

Lexington is nothing at all like Boston, except that they are both large cities by land area.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think he meant the greater Hartford metro region, which is around 1.2M but is basically irrelevant if you're talking about Hartford as an urban area. Connecticut has "real cities." New Haven is a "real city," it's just not the safest, most attractive city around. Doesn't make it not real.

As far as Boston and Lexington, I think you're either being way too charitable to Lexington or entirely too dismissive of Boston.

Ern, I wasn't talking quality. Just population. And I like New Haven better than you do. New Haven still has life and night life. But our cities are tiny.
PJ I get what you mean. It is hard to imagine how far beyond Hartford you have to go to add a million people. You are saying more than 1/3 of the population of CT is considered Hartford?

Reaction Score
Interesting...Looks like he may pull the trigger in the fall. We look to be in good shape based on his comments.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/isaiah-briscoe-talks-uconn-kentucky-decision-possible-fall-decision/

“Both visits went really well,” he said. “It’s almost a tie. Coach [Kevin] Ollie, he’s a great coach, played in the NBA 14 years. Everybody on the UConn staff played point guard at UConn so to [get a chance] to be developed there is terrific.”

UConn guard Rodney Purvis hosted Briscoe and pitched him on the benefits of playing there.

“He was just saying how UConn can put me in a good position be able to develop me and I’ll learn from a good coach,” he said.

Ryan Boatright will be gone by the time Briscoe goes to college, but Purvis, Daniel Hamilton and Sam Cassell Jr. could all still be there.

“That’s even better to have experienced guards with Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis and Sam Cassell,” Briscoe said.

UConn has incoming point guard Jalen Adams, who Briscoe is not familiar with.

“I’m sure we could play together,” he said. “I’ve never seen Jalen play.”

Reaction Score
“@J_Schneider: .@AdamZagoria reports @_IsaiahBriscoe may make his college choice in the fall. Writing was on the wall with all these visits #NJhoops #BBN”

“@J_Schneider: UK and UConn won’t waiting for Briscoe. RU, SHU and SJU will. If he announces in the fall, he ain’t going local #NJhoops”

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Basically a 2 horse race... UK lean?

Reaction Score

Boston is deceptive. Technically, people who live in Somerville, Cambridge, and Brookline don't live in Boston, but they tell people they live in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom