Is Yale kidding me with this garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
they probably didn't want to have to pack their tuxedos and cellos

Concert Violin GIF by Valparaiso University

Reaction Score
A
Yeah, how many more miles is Spokane? Not that many I’ll bet. Send the damn band FCOL!
And PAL, have a few more drinks!
“If we drink we shall die , if we don’t drink we’ll be dry, so say what the hell let us raise our glasses high. So drink like a —————, fight like a ——-—, love like a —————, drink man drink……”.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
What ever it takes to send pearl the cheater home.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
And doesnt everyone know that Spokane is in the “East”. Makes as much sense as Stanford in the Atlantic Coast Conference. (Which I now call the All Coast Conference)
I call the the Bicoastal Conference, or the Bi-CC, not that there is anything wrong with that

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Oops, my bad.

Just off by a little over 2,500 miles. But still, Yale needs to step up. They're lame.
You should lay off the crack pipe, and/or, find yourself a meeting.....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yale is about 80 miles from Brooklyn and they couldn't get their band to the game? Hell, the Yale endowment is over 40 billion dollars. They could have sent every band member in their own individual limo with a tiny fraction of the daily interest.

Luckily, the University of Idaho pitched in an functioned as the Yale band in round one. But good gosh is Yale ever lame.

I knew what this was going to be even before I opened it.

You thought it was in Brooklyn because the chairman said that seeding was based on location and you didn’t know that Spokane was the most convenient place to place a pod containing three Alabama teams and Yale.

Common mistake.

Reaction Score
I knew what this was going to be even before I opened it.

You thought it was in Brooklyn because the chairman said that seeding was based on location and you didn’t know that Spokane was the most convenient place to place a pod containing three Alabama teams and Yale.

Common mistake.
Cmon Fishy you’re better than that…..they are all in the East bracket. Duh!

Reaction Score
Yale is about 80 miles from Brooklyn and they couldn't get their band to the game? Hell, the Yale endowment is over 40 billion dollars. They could have sent every band member in their own individual limo with a tiny fraction of the daily interest.

Luckily, the University of Idaho pitched in a functioned as the Yale band in round one. But good gosh is Yale ever lame.
They might have had a better engagement.

This really bothers you? Who cares about any of the bands? Or the dance teams? Or the cheerleaders?

Reaction Score
No one has ever said the band couldnt AFFORD to get there ; and from what I understand, the NCAA pays that anyway.

Pretty sure it’s spring break and the band members are all over the country — home, the beach, etc.

And funny enough a trip to Spokane in March wasn’t appealing.
Did I use the word afford? Nope. There's a difference between being able to afford and making the choice not to spend. At the time of my original post, I thought Yale had made the choice not to send their pep band. I'd be surprised if the NCAA pays for it, but I could be wrong.

If the students in the pep band made their own choice not to go because of mid terms or spring break, I can respect that.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Maybe they sent their band to Brooklyn instead of Spokane
They are Ivy Leaguers so there is a strong chance quite a few are well on their way to becoming hipsters.

Reaction Score
Even with them playing in Spokane, Yale should’ve gotten the band there. With that kind of endowment they should be flat out embarrassed.

Much respect to the university of Idaho band for learning the Yale fight song and wearing Yale shirts during the game
Did Yale pay the Idaho band to attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak