Is Yale kidding me with this garbage? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Yale kidding me with this garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know what? I don’t even care why they weren’t there. No answer holds water for me. Midterms? Spring break plans? Other schools deal with the same issues every March and their bands are there supporting their teams.

Screw Yale from this point. I hope they lose.

Reaction Score
You know what? I don’t even care why they weren’t there. No answer holds water for me. Midterms? Spring break plans? Other schools deal with the same issues every March and their bands are there supporting their teams.

Screw Yale from this point. I hope they lose.

Awful take

1) you have no idea if every other schools bands are at games
2) some bands are receiving college credit, so yes they need to be ready for anything anywhere. Yale’s band does not.
3) “uh hello, tuba player, I know you spent $1000 on your trip to Florida, but our team unexpectedly won the tournament so you need to go to Spokane with us for a day to watch us surely lose in the first round.”

Reaction Score
Awful take

2) some bands are receiving college credit, so yes they need to be ready for anything anywhere. Yale’s band does not.
3) “uh hello, tuba player, I know you spent $1000 on your trip to Florida, but our team unexpectedly won the tournament so you need to go to Spokane with us for a day to watch us surely lose in the first round.”
The take that Yale will lose in the first round is not such a hot take. For what these kids pay to go to Yale, the school should shell out for them to accompany the team.

Reaction Score
The take that Yale will lose in the first round is not such a hot take. For what these kids pay to go to Yale, the school should shell out for them to accompany the team.
ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY

For one, everyone online is saying that the NCAA pays for cheerleaders and bands to attend. (I don’t know)

Reaction Score
Awful take

If other schools don’t get their bands there? Screw them too. Then get rid of your band program.

If you’re in the band with a chance you’re needed to be with your team? Then don’t make $1,000 trips to Florida LIKE THE BAND MEMBERS ON EVERY OTHER TEAM.

Reaction Score
If other schools don’t get their bands there? Screw them too. Then get rid of your band program.

If you’re in the band with a chance you’re needed to be with your team? Then don’t make $1,000 trips to Florida LIKE THE BAND MEMBERS ON EVERY OTHER TEAM.
You understand this is a club right? They get no scholarship, no course credit, no compensation. They do it for “fun.”

Reaction Score
I like how the fact that it was Idaho filling in didn't raise any concern that perhaps the story had been misunderstood.

Reaction Score
ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY

For one, everyone online is saying that the NCAA pays for cheerleaders and bands to attend. (I don’t know)
I know… 2023-2024 D1 Championship Transportation & Per Diem Policies:

IMG_0539.jpeg

Reaction Score
You understand this is a club right? They get no scholarship, no course credit, no compensation. They do it for “fun.”

Yeah. My kid was in a club. They got in a tourney, did a GoFundMe and raised the money in one day. Surely someone from Yale would have stepped up.

Next point?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Half the students at Yale probably don't even know Yale is playing basketball. :oops:
And those who are in the mens basketball pep band are thinking "if I wanted to spend every spring break playing songs for the basketball team I would have gone to Princeton".

Reaction Score
Yeah. My kid was in a club. They got in a tourney, did a GoFundMe and raised the money in one day. Surely someone from Yale would have stepped up.

Next point?
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Reaction Score
Three pages on this is a bad look for BY. Kind of something I would expect to see on the cuse board

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yale is about 80 miles from Brooklyn and they couldn't get their band to the game? Hell, the Yale endowment is over 40 billion dollars. They could have sent every band member in their own individual limo with a tiny fraction of the daily interest.

Luckily, the University of Idaho pitched in an functioned as the Yale band in round one. But good gosh is Yale ever lame.
Wanna get away?

Homer Simpson Goodbye GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1) On brand. LOL
2) Their band stinks anyway - no big loss

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Three pages on this is a bad look for BY. Kind of something I would expect to see on the cuse board
This isn’t a problem the Cuse band needs to worry about. Their March spring break travel plans to Florida couldn’t be safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom