Is UConn still the front runner for Megan Walker? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is UConn still the front runner for Megan Walker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Plain and simple it is wrong and to post her tweet or comment on it shoulld not happen.IMO she is being a kid and playing head games with people to get these reactions.It is actually comical at times.She is just enjoying the journey,lol.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
BTW if I do see that MW or another prized recruit is clearly using twitter to signal which school they will be attending would you rather have me not make mention of it on the Boneyard?

Permit a suggestion in the abstract. Consider using the model that journalists habitually use as a safe haven: Simply cite a "source" or "sources"; perhaps qualify it/them as "impeccable," "good," or "reliable." In this manner you get credit for the scoop but stay out of trouble. Think about it.;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have to disagree that kids should be the ones to decide if adults following them is appropriate or not because Social media, as was intended, has warped the value and meanings of simple things like friends. For children friends are now someone with who you have established an electronic connection. The more you have the better your "perceived" status-so some kids are not going to say no to an adult friend or follower request. Since some kids are not going to say no, it is left up to the adults to not extend a request in the first place.
I don't think 18 and 19 year olds are children which was the reference I was making. Their young adults with various maturities.

Reaction Score
Plain and simple it is wrong and to post her tweet or comment on it shoulld not happen.IMO she is being a kid and playing head games with people to get these reactions.It is actually comical at times.She is just enjoying the journey,lol.

You might assume that kids would act that way but I have never personally seen a case where someone tries to "fool" observers about their school choices........frankly there is usually very little information at all.......most recruits play it very close to the vest.............for instance Batouly Camara never made any mention of UConn at all until after she committed................that's why using this technique to come up with answers is of only limited value....................

Reaction Score
Permit a suggestion in the abstract. Consider using the model that journalists habitually use as a safe haven: Simply cite a "source" or "sources"; perhaps qualify it/them as "impeccable," "good," or "reliable." In this manner you get credit for the scoop but stay out of trouble. Think about it.;)

OK Kibitzer.......I'm only telling you this.......a little birdy told me that a certain UConn recruiting target just started following a certain UConn assistant coach for the first within the past 24 hours.........I'll leave it at that!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
At the risk of trespassing on mods' turf, permit a reminder that all (UConn) Boneyarders are subject to being classified as boosters by the NCAA; thus, any form of contact with any recruit is risky. So be very careful.
I thought the NCAA changed some of their rulings to accommodate the trends of social media and thus lifting the type of restrictions you're implying.

Reaction Score
You might assume that kids would act that way but I have never personally seen a case where someone tries to "fool" observers about their school choices...frankly there is usually very little information at all..most recruits play it very close to the vest...for instance Batouly Camara never made any mention of UConn at all until after she committed......that's why using this technique to come up with answers is of only limited value.....
Charlie she is just posting about the schools she is interested in and just look at some of the reactions on this thread.When it was Uconn she is leaning this way.Now its ND and that was always her choice.Didnt she post for Geno to do something crazy on twitter to prove he wants her.I thought someone saw it on her twitter and posted here.IMO again she is enjoying the process with a great sense of humor.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You might assume that kids would act that way but I have never personally seen a case where someone tries to "fool" observers about their school choices...frankly there is usually very little information at all..most recruits play it very close to the vest...for instance Batouly Camara never made any mention of UConn at all until after she committed......that's why using this technique to come up with answers is of only limited value.....
The salient point is they have every right to enjoy the journey. And part of that enjoyment is having people "following" them on social media.

We're imposing our judgements about behavior on a generation that doesn't think like us. Welcome to the history of humanity. Tattoos, boys getting their ears pierced, girls wearing pants any many other fads created over reactions by people who didn't grow up with them.

I still can't help finding it ironic that a forum that dotes on every nuance of these "children" once they get to UConn struggles with observing tweets. I applaud you Charliebball for trying to explain this type of media to those of us without exposure.

Reaction Score
If this is true I don't see her as a UCONN type. I mean did Stewie do anything like this, or Moriah, or Morgan. or Kakie Lou, or Kaleena, etc, etc. etc.

Reaction Score
Charlie she is just posting about the schools she is interested in and just look at some of the reactions on this thread.When it was Uconn she is leaning this way.Now its ND and that was always her choice.Didnt she post for Geno to do something crazy on twitter to prove he wants her.I thought someone saw it on her twitter and posted here.IMO again she is enjoying the process with a great sense of humor.

Agreed...............she knows that her services are much in demand, is in total control of the process and is clearly waiting to gather all the facts before she makes her decision.........she's having fun but in a very well mannered way.............

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If this is true I don't see her as a UCONN type. I mean did Stewie do anything like this, or Moriah, or Morgan. or Kakie Lou, or Kaleena, etc, etc. etc.
She would probably be more Geno like than Chris like but whether or not she is UConn like I'm not sure I would label her based on this criteria.

Reaction Score

Most of us are not privy to the machinations of the recruiting process, I have know idea what went on behind the scenes with most of the current UConn players..........clearly Geno & Co know an awful lot about the players they are recruiting before they make offers.........from what I have read, MW is a great team mate and a dedicated player so if she wants to be goofy on occasion that's OK by me............;..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sonny I don't think this is true. Everything I have read about her for the past 4 years would lead me to believe the opposite. She is supremely talented, a reluctant superstar in the making, somewhat shy but hard working-very much in the UCONN mold-IMO

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
very hard to determine both from unknown quality of defenders and because 3 on 3 is a very different game. But I'm really impressed with her decisiveness, court sense, and overall kinetic intelligence. Like speed, you can't coach it.
She's fundementally sound. Squares up and doesn't rush her shot.

Reaction Score
Yo,Charlie,Just announce that you have new info.concerning where the #1 recruit is going and people like me won't care at all where you got it from as long as it is credible and was obtained legally.Once you let folks know that your info. comes from social media i'm sure that most people will immediately become disinterested and not read your post.lol.

Reaction Score
Yo,Charlie,Just announce that you have new info.concerning where the #1 recruit is going and people like me won't care at all where you got it from as long as it is credible and was obtained legally.Once you let folks know that your info. comes from social media i'm sure that most people will immediately become disinterested and not read your post.lol.

So right you are!!!..............Unfortunately I'm never the first to know as there are many more dedicated social media watchers...........I specialize more in who's leaning where............that's a much less rewarding task but somebody's got to do it...................or maybe not..............

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
OK Kibitzer..I'm only telling you this..a little birdy told me that a certain UConn recruiting target just started following a certain UConn assistant coach for the first within the past 24 hours....I'll leave it at that!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:
bth_surrender.jpg

Reaction Score
At the risk of trespassing on mods' turf, permit a reminder that all (UConn) Boneyarders are subject to being classified as boosters by the NCAA; thus, any form of contact with any recruit is risky. So be very careful.

Boosters of which school ?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'm not on social media of any kind except being a Boneyard groupie.
And I'm not sure there is any more interaction than a bunch of us old folks showing up at games played by these 18 and 19 years old. I think the salient point is our behavior.
I'm not advocating creeping kids out by stalking or gawking at them. And I'm strongly against bullying of any kind including cyber bullying. But I think kids should be the ones to decide if our following them is appropriate or not.

Yep. But some here take a very protective attitude, as if that were some sort of higher moral ground. That's their view and they are welcome to it. As to the "what if it's your kid" mantra, my reply is that I'd set some content boundaries and do some serious talk with him/her about using new media. You know, the same kind of orientation that UConn (wisely) does with athletes.

Finally, the solution to forming positive social communication habits with a disaffected generation is not to create the greatest possible distance between people. We can either go with the flow somewhat and be a positive voice among voices, or we can drop out of the dialog. There isn't much room in between.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yep. But some here take a very protective attitude, as if that were some sort of higher moral ground. That's their view and they are welcome to it. As to the "what if it's your kid" mantra, my reply is that I'd set some content boundaries and do some serious talk with him/her about using new media. You know, the same kind of orientation that UConn (wisely) does with athletes.

Finally, the solution to forming positive social communication habits with a disaffected generation is not to create the greatest possible distance between people. We can either go with the flow somewhat and be a positive voice among voices, or we can drop out of the dialog. There isn't much room in between.
If there is a moral higher ground, I intend to occupy it. You?
The greater distance I'm seeking is not between "people" it is between adults and teenagers. I see plenty of room between your options. The option I would choose is to impart the best moral example to my own kids and allow All strangers including Megan to be great and follow the examples and standards set by her parents.

A disaffected generation?
Hardly.

"I'm Alright! "
Kenny Loggins

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
If there is a moral higher ground, I intend to occupy it. You?
The greater distance I'm seeking is not between "people" it is between adults and teenagers. I see plenty of room between your options. The option I would choose is to impart the best moral example to my own kids and allow All strangers including Megan to be great and follow the examples and standards set by her parents.

A disaffected generation?
Hardly.

"I'm Alright! "
Kenny Loggins

We agree! I rather like Kenny Logins. His earlier stuff with Jim Messina was the best though. Try "Till the Ends Meet." It was on their second album, if I recall rightly.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
some people just aren't interested in chasing down "young ladies" on social sites about which schools they may be attending.

I think if we knew the age of the posters we would have a clearer understanding of these behaviors... not saying a 25yr cant be a creep but would think that a 50 yr old would be more mature and too busy to be "following" a pip-squeak around the world wide web.

I do agree with waiting how much contact a fan has with them, it can be a turn off for some kid... kids even get tired of reporters bothering them.

just because they're on a social site doesn't mean they're open for all the nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom