Is UConn still the front runner for Megan Walker? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is UConn still the front runner for Megan Walker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
None of us know what is in this player's mind and what variables are going into what formula in her mind. And, there may be no formula, just inchoate feelings. I do know that I prefer decisive people who do not carry note books and slide rules or iPhone apps to make their decisions. In that I feel akin to Geno. When they know it, they know it. Ms. Walker does not know it yet. That troubles me. Maybe Skylar Diggins' school is for her. Hope not. But, guess what: Geno and I will still sleep soundly.
certain Notre Dame guard... not to be named :rolleyes:
connecticuts-kelly-faris-left-defends-notre-dames-skylar-diggins-during-dd4013.jpg

Reaction Score
None of us know what is in this player's mind and what variables are going into what formula in her mind. And, there may be no formula, just inchoate feelings. I do know that I prefer decisive people who do not carry note books and slide rules or iPhone apps to make their decisions. In that I feel akin to Geno. When they know it, they know it. Ms. Walker does not know it yet. That troubles me. Maybe Skylar Diggins' school is for her. Hope not. But, guess what: Geno and I will still sleep soundly.

If you go to MW's twitter page you will see a recent Skylar Diggins WNBA workout video retwet

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fun fact #2: what 3 time All American had a winning record vs both Uconn and Tennessee- Skylar Diggins.
I didn't realize that Skylar was an AA as a soph. Nice accomplishment!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Fun fact: Diggins and I both won the same number of basketball titles in college - three less than med student Pulido a.k.a. "the other Brianna".
Wow. Your post reminded me that there are no Breannas, Briannas, Brianas, or Brias on next year's team.

Alas, there are no Breannas walking through that door next year, literally or figuratively. [sigh]

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I would like to hear today that Megan has committed to UConn, but there is no reason for her to rush her choice. The beginning of her senior school year is a reasonable time frame in which to decide. With all the difficulties erupting in basketball programs these days, a lack of haste shows good sense. And good sense is a characteristic of UConn players.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I know that we cannot dismiss the wisdom behind this observation. Indeed, I think it wise for many recruits to assess who transferees with their skill sets might land in order to judge their chances, where they fit in the scheme of things with said transferee or ees having landed in their favorite or currently favored pond as it were.... BUT if that is the mind set of the recruit, if their confidence is that, well, shall I say, puny? Then, dismiss UConn from your mind, least you be spewed out as lukewarm! ;)

If you do not understand this post, then:

This is one of the great scenes in any comedy ever. I've always wished I could speak like Cleese. And that Kline fellow can act.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Eric her visit was not a official. She stopped by when she was in the area on a New York aau tourney. I believe she will make a official during the fall. I'm guessing first night. I don't even think GENO was even on campus on her visit wasn't he in the hosp

Geno was not in the hospital. Walker attended the post-season dinner for the 2015-16 team; Geno was there, as were Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson. Walker reportedly had a great time.

@Dillon77

Reaction Score
From watching 10 seconds of her play, I can confidently predict the second coming of Maya Moore. I'm almost serious! Really!

Reaction Score
After watching Walker tapes and the 3x3 broadcast, you have to notice that Megan has an intelligent game. She recognizes and adjusts... and that kind of game would explode at UConn. With a top-notch point guard, she would be open consistently...because she is both quick and slippery.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01