Is UConn Facing a Structural Problem? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Is UConn Facing a Structural Problem?

Reaction Score
It means he needs help. It’s pretty clear you can be the HC and DC and baby sit a terrible OC. It’s way too much handle.
No matter how you frame it, saying “he can’t execute basics and he needs help” with reference to a former NFL coach and former successful college coach is a gigantic criticism. You’re talking about the guy like he’s honest Bob Diaco.

Reaction Score
Yes, UConn has a structural problem, it is not in a P5/P4 conference.

Any other questions?
And we aren’t in a P4 because we’ve been the most consistently awful football program in FBS over the last 12 years.

Reaction Score
Were we awful yesterday? Honest question.
Lol against a 1-3 team. How’d we look against real teams? You know, programs with whom we want to be peers?

I hate most adages but we are what our record says we are.

Not to mention, I thought it was abundantly clear with the “12 years” part of my argument, when speaking to our conference affiliation, that I’m looking at a slightly more macro level than one game against Utah State.

Reaction Score
And we aren’t in a P4 because we’ve been the most consistently awful football program in FBS over the last 12 years.
I don’t think they’ve been as bad as Northwestern, Wake Forest, Duke or Arizona, especially when you consider the resources available to those schools for their football programs over the past 12 years.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We are averaging 27k a game as an 0-5 G5 program. That's actually pretty impressive.

Reaction Score
Lol against a 1-3 team. How’d we look against real teams? You know, programs with whom we want to be peers?

I hate most adages but we are what our record says we are.

Not to mention, I thought it was abundantly clear with the “12 years” part of my argument, when speaking to our conference affiliation, that I’m looking at a slightly more macro level than one game against Utah State.
Looking at the stat line I think UConn definitely outplayed them. I mean 34-33, come on. I’m looking forward to next week. Mora is making progress, during RE 2.0 we were getting blown out every week. Under Mora, I’m seeing progress. Now I will say Mora is not perfect, I mean he did make a mistake hiring Charlton, and he knows it.

Reaction Score
Mora is not a good coach. We all got duped by 6 wins because we have been bad for years. Let’s get Bob Chesney in here next year. He has turned around worse programs. He’ll probably end up at BCU and we will all be miserable watching BCU getting back into the top 25.
Who is Bob Chesney??

I think Mora likes to coach, coach athletes and coaches. He came here at a time of incredible change in College FB, and probably wasn't prepared for the new realities of recruiting and retention. He can't control the $$, but if his 3 coordinators are top shelf, maybe he is able to manage the R&R issues in concert with DB. So between more $ for Asst's, and doing a great job of finding those coordinators, he can be much more effective as the CEO of UConn FB.

Reaction Score
I don’t think they’ve been as bad as Northwestern, Wake Forest, Duke or Arizona, especially when you consider the resources available to those schools for their football programs over the past 12 years.
Wake has been to 7 straight bowls (8 in 12 years). Duke and Northwestern have been to 7 bowls in the past 12 years. Arizona has been to 5 (but 2017 was the last).

Reaction Score
Wake has been to 7 straight bowls (8 in 12 years). Duke and Northwestern have been to 7 bowls in the past 12 years. Arizona has been to 5 (but 2017 was the last).
Over the last ten years, Northwestern is just a handful of losses behind UConn in the loss column. Arizona has been downright awful in who they have lost to and by some blow out scores. You would think recruiting would be easier for them being in a P5 but apparently not. That all being said, these losers have a great many more resources than UConn does.

Reaction Score
Who is Bob Chesney??

I think Mora likes to coach, coach athletes and coaches. He came here at a time of incredible change in College FB, and probably wasn't prepared for the new realities of recruiting and retention. He can't control the $$, but if his 3 coordinators are top shelf, maybe he is able to manage the R&R issues in concert with DB. So between more $ for Asst's, and doing a great job of finding those coordinators, he can be much more effective as the CEO of UConn FB.

Don’t respond to that troll. Last week he said Mora was going to get hired by BC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Who is Bob Chesney??

I imagine one answer is: Bob Chesney is the guy who filed for a restraining order against NE football.

He's Holy Cross' head football coach. I'm not sure I'd be happy about moving on from Mora if this is the result but if he had been the guy we hired after RE 2.0 I would have been open minded about it.

Reaction Score
Well luckily for them they’ve been in what turned out to be good conferences for decades. What’s the point?

By the way lol Duke just destroyed us and has been ranked multiple times over the last 12 years

Reaction Score
Over the last ten years, Northwestern is just a handful of losses behind UConn in the loss column. Arizona has been downright awful in who they have lost to and by some blow out scores. You would think recruiting would be easier for them being in a P5 but apparently not. That all being said, these losers have a great many more resources than UConn does.
Maybe you are thinking of Northwestern from yesteryear? They’ve had several 10-win seasons recently and were a top 15 squad the covid year. They were awful last year though.

Reaction Score
Mora is not a good coach. We all got duped by 6 wins because we have been bad for years. Let’s get Bob Chesney in here next year. He has turned around worse programs. He’ll probably end up at BCU and we will all be miserable watching BCU getting back into the top 25.
Are you crazy? We’re so lucky to have someone of his caliber. He needs help though. A real DC, a real ST, and a much better OC. He’s spread too thin.

Reaction Score
Maybe you are thinking of Northwestern from yesteryear? They’ve had several 10-win seasons recently and were a top 15 squad the covid year. They were awful last year though.
They were 1-11 last year and 3-9 in 2021, 2020 they had a very short season, and were 3-9 again in 2019. They have had 693 losses through the many years they’ve played football.

Reaction Score
They were 1-11 last year and 3-9 in 2021, 2020 they had a very short season, and were 3-9 again in 2019. They have had 693 losses through the many years they’ve played football.
Historically a bad program. It’s just weird to go after them for the last 12 years which included two B10 title games. Put it this way, they won about as many games from 2015-2018 as UConn since the Fiesta Bowl season.

Kansas is the P5 program you were looking for over this time period I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom