Is the business handshake dead?

• No, handshakes will come back when this crisis is over

Votes: 90 68.7%
  • Yes, handshakes will stop being part of the greeting ritual

Votes: 41 31.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Looks like it may be dead.

“I don’t think we should ever shake hands ever again, to be honest with you. Not only would it be good to prevent coronavirus disease; it probably would decrease instances of influenza dramatically in this country.”

“I mean it sounds crazy, but that’s the way it’s really got to be,” he said.

Reaction Score
Namaste is the best substitute for the handshake. Surprised it hasn't gotten more traction.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It's ironic that this disease started in a country where they bow to each other. So, like, I'm still cool with abolishing the handshake and going all in on the double finger snap and pointing at people.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It's ironic that this disease started in a country where they bow to each other. So, like, I'm still cool with abolishing the handshake and going all in on the double finger snap and pointing at people.

I think that's Japan.

Reaction Score
I Googled this.
Because I was curious also so I looked it up.

Chinese generally shake hands when they greet guests. However, the handshake should be gentle. Sometimes, as an expression of warmth, the Chinese will cover the normal handshake with their left hand.

It is acceptable to bow slightly when greeting someone. However, the bow is essentially a nod – do NOT bow from the waist like Japan.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think that's Japan.
I Googled this.
Because I was curious also so I looked it up.

Chinese generally shake hands when they greet guests. However, the handshake should be gentle. Sometimes, as an expression of warmth, the Chinese will cover the normal handshake with their left hand.

It is acceptable to bow slightly when greeting someone. However, the bow is essentially a nod – do NOT bow from the waist like Japan.

I will take either version of the bow here.

it would make sense at this point to start incorporating the bow in some form.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I worry about the mafia. If they still kiss on both cheeks, we may need to import more gangsters.

Reaction Score
I worry about the mafia. If they still kiss on both cheeks, we may need to import more gangsters.
So instead of using guns they'll use the coronavirus to kill off each other. Lol

temery

What?
Reaction Score
So instead of using guns they'll use the coronavirus to kill off each other. Lol

You need to watch more movies/tv. They only kiss "friends of ours," not a "friend of mine," or any stranger.

I have always wondered if they continued the finger stick for a made guy ceremony without complete bloodwork ahead of time.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

so, you are hoping to start a nation bow movement?

Reaction Score
The mafia sleeps with the fishes.One can get needs filled using the internet.Not that I would know personally

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
the Chinese will cover the normal handshake with their left hand.
That was my go to faux friendly greeting in certain quasi social contexts. I'm all in with the @Dove double snap point though.

so, you are hoping to start a nation bow movement?
I've been using the head nod acknowledgement. It works.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

The double finger snap and point should 100% be the official greeting in all countries. And at the conclusion of meetings, both parties give the double guns and a wink...Shooter McGavin style.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom