Is the AAC even P6? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Is the AAC even P6?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
If UConn decides to join the Big East, then the AAC’s question is “do I want to lose UConn football, and all the claims we have made for it in the NE and NYC market, right before contract negotiations which will be 90% based on football?”

I don’t think “what if UConn sucks forever really plays into it”. The value is baselined with the institution. The Big 10 apparently doesn’t care if Rutgers sucks. But, to address your concern of it being a scenario, the AAC could keep UConn for now (and the negotiations) and could cut them someday if they continue to suck forever (see Temple’s Big East history). UConn likely cycles back before that happens, and with Big East resources supporting the other sports UConn has more of the AAC cash to keep on football.

Your baseline value isn’t right. Rutgers brings the NYC market for the BTN, not the main media contract. The main media contract is mostly based off of the quality of the teams in the conference. Since the AAC doesn’t have a conference network, it really makes having their football team in the NYC market a moot point. Now UConn’s basketball team is another story, thus my reasoning on the AAC not wanting UConn basketball to leave.

Look, we can argue about this all day and in the end, you will still be pushing your agenda here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom