Is it possible that UConn is #1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is it possible that UConn is #1

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
at 12:00 pm on February 6th, UCONN will be #1

(Monday - Day after the South Carolina Game)

SC might not be #1 before the game. They usually have one head scratching loss in the SEC per season. Looking at their schedule... watch them lose on the road to UGA or Bama

Reaction Score
You jumped Stanford in Warren Nolan’s ELO. Massey will be out at 5:00 am in the morning for you early risers. I’m guessing number 2 as well. I don’t know if the human pollsters pay attention to the computers.

Maryland’s win over Baylor helped solidify us at one.

Reaction Score
For those unimpressed with either SC or Stanford keep in mind that it is only November and they were playing each other. That could be why it was low scoring. Defense ahead of offense. What I was surprised at was Stanford's fundamental errors at crunch time. Never saw that from a Tara team before. I would still have both teams ahead of everybody else right now by a big margin.
Five-second call, followed by a Phantom timeout. I thought that only happened in high school. Letting Boston get into the lane with single coverage in crunch time was just as bad. Stanford lost that game IMO.

Reaction Score
What GIF by Bokeh Productions

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I saw a Stanford team with only two scorers in Jones and Brink and I thought Brink played really well but dont forget she was able to play really well with Boston on the bench. Not taking anything away from Brink shes really good.

South Carolina was able to stay in the game with Boston on the bench and had more scoring options today then Stanford. Stanford had to many players who could not create their own shot.

Rankings SC Stanford UConn in that order

You could see again today that UConn has 4 really good scorers 3 of which scored over 20 pts and at a good percentage. UConns defense is intimidatingly and threw NC State out of sorts. Understand we did this without Dorka a injured Caroline. We wont have Paige and ICE til next season. With a healthy Dorka and Caroline I can only imagine what our game against SC in Feb will be like. We have players who can create off the dribble and who can score under pressure. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
SC won because of Beal and Boston. Boston impressed me as an excellent passer out of the double teams. Beal with remarkable clutch 3pts
While I agree that Boston and Beal played a significant role in SC's victory, I'd say SC won because Haley Jones didn't live up to her billing in the end game.

Reaction Score
The various experts who cast weekly ballots may not agree
or haven't come to the inevitable conclusion yet...

But on the basis of this afternoon's (late eve in the Med...near Barcelona) matchups,
UConn seems most the impressive team by far.

And can only get better with the addition of a healthy Caroline and Dorka
and of course CD.
No. It’s still SC.

Reaction Score
I dont mind us being 3 we are the hunter versus the hunted. Yes both teams are bigger and have more depth then us for the front line. Tough for us to score inside on either of them but we have beaten both teams in the past two years. We had Paige then but we have the healthy Azzi now and the much improved Nika. We also have Aubrey back and we have Lou who can score and what I love about her is she has no hesitation to keep firing. She is a shooter and when she gets hot look out. Luv our start Go Huskies

Reaction Score
While I agree that Boston and Beal played a significant role in SC's victory, I'd say SC won because Haley Jones didn't live up to her billing in the end game.

How can you credit and discredit Beal in the same sentence. Lol she was facing tough defense the second half!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The various experts who cast weekly ballots may not agree
or haven't come to the inevitable conclusion yet...

But on the basis of this afternoon's (late eve in the Med...near Barcelona) matchups,
UConn seems most the impressive team by far.

And can only get better with the addition of a healthy Caroline and Dorka
and of course CD.
It is Thanksgiving this week, not Christmas. ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not right now. But who knows later? Anything can happen ... jmho

Reaction Score
SC might not be #1 before the game. They usually have one head scratching loss in the SEC per season. Looking at their schedule... watch them lose on the road to UGA or Bama
a team like South Carolina that doesn't shoot the ball all that well is usually going to have a game or two where even their terrific defense isn't enough to win.........Stanford had that game in the bag but blew it but I give credit to South Carolina for hanging in there till the end....

Reaction Score
Five-second call, followed by a Phantom timeout. I thought that only happened in high school. Letting Boston get into the lane with single coverage in crunch time was just as bad. Stanford lost that game IMO.
For some reason THE CARDINAL lost their minds in the fourth quarter ( and overtime )
The forbidden fruit was hanging from the tree, just out of reach. Maybe if it were
a little later in the year ... a different result.
I predict that we will be # 1 in April, the Gods and Geno willing!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I think #3 for UCONN would be right, and, at this time of the year, I am happy with that.

Reaction Score
Cant jump a number one that beat number 2 on the road.

Could possibly beat a number two who lost at home, but probably not where it was an OT loss to number one.

UConn No 1 this week? No
UConn No. 2 this week? Possibly! But improbable.

But.
, y’all looked great today. You’ll get your shot.
3rd for sure, I am a not likely for 1 or 2 just yet,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom