it affect mojo.
It's your perfect right
Some here think differ-ently
I'm just holding (the) space

As to trap game, hmm
"Not 'No';" gotta be prepared
Haiku potential too

Reaction Score
There’s no easy games. Have to focus, not look behind to the Villanova win and not look ahead to Creighton

Reaction Score
Lodged between two games that are circled on their collective calendars (revenge game in Omaha coming next). The very definition of a trap game.

Reaction Score
Lodged between two games that are circled on their collective calendars (revenge game in Omaha coming next). The very definition of a trap game.

Reaction Score
this is trap game plain and simple. Will UConn lose? I don't think so, but when determining what is a trap game, it's based on potential and circumstances.

Hurley will have to rip into them and be tough on them at practice because the players will be on an emotional sugar high after beating Nova in front of that raucous crowd- and they should be on that emotional sugar high.

It's what Pitino stated in an interview he does. If his team is playing great and on a winning streak, he is very tough on them to prevent the players from being full of themselves. If the team is on a losing streak, he won't be too tough on them and will be easier on them on a psychological level to build up their damaged confidence.

The one thing in our favor of overcoming the trap game is that GTown is 0-whatever in the BE and 6-20 overall. UConn doesn't want to be the first team to lose to a winless GTown.

Reaction Score
This is the exact definition of a trap game... UConn coming off a massive win with the game after Georgetown being a big revenge road game. Usually in betting i'd look to fade UConn in this exact spot. The only difference is I feel like Hurley's teams do not overlook any opponent. I think they understand how important winning these next 3 is.
Assuming we pull off Saturday with a win is it safe to think we bump up 3-4 spots after a very good and clean top 10 win? With that said is it possible to break the top 10 if we win out?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Fwiw, GTown has looked a little better as of late. Games are getting closer. Up on DePaul right now late.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
This GTown game is absolutely painful. They may win it, but it's hard to watch. They are just bad. Ewing standing around just chewing gum and looking clueless for most of the game. They're at home, and it looks like a Tulane crowd - I doubt there are 1,000 people there. Maybe because the start time was too early, or too late? I really hope they find their way back to Hoya prominance.

Reaction Score
This GTown game is absolutely painful. They may win it, but it's hard to watch. They are just bad. Ewing standing around just chewing gum and looking clueless for most of the game. They're at home, and it looks like a Tulane crowd - I doubt there are 1,000 people there. Maybe because the start time was too early, or too late? I really hope they find their way back to Hoya prominance.
I just watched some of it. Painful. God if we lose on Saturday someone better call the police for a well being check on me!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I just watched some of it. Painful. God if we lose on Saturday someone better call the police for a well being check on me!
I don't remember an AAC game that was that depressing to watch. How this happened to them, and how Ewing is still there is baffling to me. Based on what you could see on TV coverage, the place was virtually empty. I guess that's what their record does.

Reaction Score
Assuming we pull off Saturday with a win is it safe to think we bump up 3-4 spots after a very good and clean top 10 win? With that said is it possible to break the top 10 if we win out?
I think the jump will be bigger, 5-6 spots. Not only was it a top 10 win, but it was seen by the nation. Add that to beating 3 top 40 teams in a row and Marquette before that. I think we get a little respect this week.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think the jump will be bigger, 5-6 spots. Not only was it a top 10 win, but it was seen by the nation. Add that to beating 3 top 40 teams in a row and Marquette before that. I think we get a little respect this week.
And for the sake of our NET ranking, lets beat them by 75.

Reaction Score
I was asking myself that question earlier this evening...certainly a possibility....

Reaction Score
If by trap you mean Georgetown keeps the final score within 15 points at the end, than yes. Georgetown is God-awful. 16 losses in a row and counting. I think they are tanking to get Ewing the boot.

Reaction Score
100% trap, next game is trap too

save your energy for the BE tournament

Reaction Score
For me Gtown and Depaul have always been the must win games. The dynamic has changed a bit since beating Nova, but the only way we could of put ourself on the bubble included devastating losses against lousy teams like Gtown and Depaul.

Is it a trap game.... totally. The team could come out with minimal intensity. We kinda won our superbowl on Tuesday. A let down is 100% possible. That said, Gtown really sucks and we seems to matchup well against them.

Last edited:

VCE

Reaction Score
If you can handle a press, unlike Nova against us, I’m confident in a 20 point win...umm loss.

Everyone who cares about Georgetown is rooting for losses and that should tell our admin that they made a huge mistake with Ewing.

Reaction Score
I really just wish GTown had beaten Depaul so they could get winning out of the way. They want 1 win in the BE and they will play for pride, to not go 0-20 in the BE. In that sense, it could be tougher than we want, especially on the road.

It is a trap game and they will give UConn all they can handle but ultimately I think UConn pulls it out in the end in a 60-52 type of affair that will leave us both satisfied the 40 minutes is done but also scratching our heads as to how it could be so close and low scoring.

Reaction Score
I think we win by double digits, trap game indeed but we are so locked in right now I can't imagine stubbing our toe.

The Muhammad kid is going to be a MAJOR get for someone in the transfer portal after Ewing gets fired next month..

Reaction Score
Hurley said on the Jim Rome show on Wednesday he's going to bring them back to reality in practice this week. I think DH is very aware of how this can be a let down spot but he won't let that happen. These kids are hungry for more than a W in February against Nova. We want to be playing through March.

Reaction Score
I think if we win out we will have enormous hype surrounding us and a top 10 Poll placement.

Reaction Score
Hurley said on the Jim Rome show on Wednesday he's going to bring them back to reality in practice this week. I think DH is very aware of how this can be a let down spot but he won't let that happen. These kids are hungry for more than a W in February against Nova. We want to be playing through March.
That's good because I don't want to see the parallel to the 2006 team. I feel like that the 2006 team peaked when they got their revenge win against Nova and then after that they never matched that level. That home game for the revenge win in 2006 had the same crowd energy and anticipation at Gampel as students camped out in the cold for tickets.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Their program is in shambles. Talk of the entire roster transferring out again. But we can’t overlook them. They’ve been playing better as of late and seem to play much better at home. They have some young talent which has gotten marginally better. One game at a time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom