Is Georgetown a trap game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Georgetown a trap game?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Nestled between Villanova and Creighton. A team we handled easily in the first meeting. Custom designed or the Huskies, they play man to man defense at a pace is similar to ours. This is a game that is easy to look past.

But it is a road test for he Huskies and a conference foe.
Well said. This game is ripe for an upset. Hopefully they come down from the high and get back to business.

Reaction Score
Every team in the league has said this, most of them twice. How many Ws does Georgetown have?

Reaction Score
Plenty of rest, and Georgetown is truly awful. I think we'll do fine. Maybe a bit flat, but we can be flat and beat them.

Reaction Score
has all the makings
Disagree. Now DePaul on senior night before the BET definitely does. I think we underestimate how truly awful you have to be to be 0-17 in conference. I don’t think Creighton is such a big game that we’ll look ahead to it. We’ll be GTown if we show up with our C- game

Reaction Score
At this point in the season I can't see how any these few remaining games can be a trap game. We should be prepared for all the games looking forward. Yes, Nova was a tough one but we need to build on that with no let downs we should be pumped for these games going into the BE tournament.

Excited Pumped Up GIF by NBA

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Thankfully we can beat them at 42%

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Georgetown isn't good enough to be a trap game.

If it was Depaul or Butler, maybe.
That's the point. The opponent is never seemingly good enough to win. That is what makes it a trap game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yep - its a trap game - the schedulers were doing their magic

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Coming off that big win and our nemesis on the horizon - feels like it has the potential to be one. Hopefully the boys don’t come out flat and are able put this one to rest early.

Reaction Score
Nestled between Villanova and Creighton. A team we handled easily in the first meeting. Custom designed or the Huskies, they play man to man defense at a pace is similar to ours. This is a game that is easy to look past.

But it is a road test for he Huskies and a conference foe.
I am going to this game with the expectation that we will win. BTW, I have a great seat. Lol

Reaction Score
Basically the definition of one. I think Hurley has the guys ready and not full of themselves after a big win.

I probably take Georgetown to cover +15 (or whatever) though.
Since you "hammered" Nova ML, this is a great sign for UConn

Reaction Score
Hurley's take.

“I’m going to brutalize these guys the next couple of days in practice ... They’re swimming in dopamine right now on social media.”

Reaction Score
That's the point. The opponent is never seemingly good enough to win. That is what makes it a trap game.
There's a difference between seems not good enough to win but actually is vs. just absolutely isn't good enough to win. This is the latter.
I’ve seen Georgetown play a lot of good teams close. I’d say it’s a legit trap game.
Big East average scoring margin for them is -13. Median is -11 points. 5 of their losses came by single digits, 10 by double digits. Only came within 5 points once so far in Big East play (against Butler).

Our scoring margin in conference play is +5. So we've been roughly 18 points better than them per game this year. We beat them by 23 earlier at home and beat them by double figures twice last year when they had a much better team. Just like we have a tough matchup with 5-out offenses, we're a bad matchup for GTown, because they can't finish and we force teams to shoot inside the arc.

Reaction Score
This is the single most important game of the season, today. Focus and take care of business. Huskies don't stop to smell roses in the middle of winter when they're hauling the sled at full speed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom