Is Georgetown a trap game? | The Boneyard

Is Georgetown a trap game?

Reaction Score
Nestled between Villanova and Creighton. A team we handled easily in the first meeting. Custom designed or the Huskies, they play man to man defense at a pace is similar to ours. This is a game that is easy to look past.

But it is a road test for he Huskies and a conference foe.

Reaction Score
This team is locked in. They learned their lesson about looking past certain games a couple weeks ago against Creighton

Reaction Score
This is the exact definition of a trap game... UConn coming off a massive win with the game after Georgetown being a big revenge road game. Usually in betting i'd look to fade UConn in this exact spot. The only difference is I feel like Hurley's teams do not overlook any opponent. I think they understand how important winning these next 3 is.

Reaction Score
I'd say it'd be a trap game if we had lost yesterday. This team is hungry and confident. They are going to look to absolutely destroy Georgetown. Huskies by 15+.

Reaction Score
Not sure what phrase I hate more, “Trap game” or “Rock fight”. Regardless, you’re right….let’s take care of business on Sunday

Reaction Score
Yes. I don't think they'll get "trapped" per se but it absolutely is a trap game coming off an emotional win and then having to follow up with a team they've already beaten handily and are expected to do the same again.

1645649674050.gif

Reaction Score
I expect a big letdown in the 1st half. They'll go to the half down a few. But they'll "right the ship" enough in the 2nd half to win it, but closer than we'd like.

Reaction Score
Basically the definition of one. I think Hurley has the guys ready and not full of themselves after a big win.

I probably take Georgetown to cover +15 (or whatever) though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nestled between Villanova and Creighton. A team we handled easily in the first meeting. Custom designed or the Huskies, they play man to man defense at a pace is similar to ours. This is a game that is easy to look past.

Yes. But they are so awful that it doesn't matter. It would be nice if UConn actually plays well and gets some minutes for Akok, Gaffney and Johnson to give our core guys a break.

Reaction Score
I’ll prob be taking gtown + whatever for this exact reason. UConn just won their biggest game of the year and got that monkey off their back. Even though they aren’t overlooking gtown they are not going to come out as hungry and play as well as they did vs Nova. Definitely has the making of a trap game

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Georgetown isn't good enough to be a trap game.

If it was Depaul or Butler, maybe.
You just angered mojo gods. Thanks.

Gtown isn’t a good team, neither are they winless in the league bad. Why do you want us to be the “one” . Because someone will be.

Reaction Score
Georgetown isn’t going to win a BE game this year certainly not against UConn. They’re terrible.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Short answer - yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom