Is Courtney Vandersloot the Greatest Point Guard of All Time? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is Courtney Vandersloot the Greatest Point Guard of All Time?

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Just checking. Scoring average was totally overrated in the ROY debate, but in this comparison it's important, is that correct? Just want to make sure. FTR their career scoring averages aren't that far apart, 12.1 ppg compared to 9.7 ppg. I think "much better scorer" is stretching it. Difference of 2.4 ppg? Maybe getting Sloot confused w/ Penicheiro, who averaged 6.1 ppg.

No. I'm not stretching it. Just watch the on court play. Sue is comfortable with taking on a scoring role, while Sloot seems to use it as her last option. Sue is reserved in shooting, but when necessary, she can turn it on. Meantime, Sloot seems almost uncomfortable if she is put in a position where scoring from herself is necessary. I didn't go look, but based on the eye test of watching Sue's career, I'm betting she averages many more 20 plus scoring games than does sloot.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Of course the title of this thread on a UConn board makes me LOL, because of course it's meant to stir the pot. I haven't watched much WNBA over the years but did watch some of the Sky-Aces game Sunday. Sloot looked excellent and there is little argument she was the best PG in the league this year. Her figures have improved with age and she likely still has some great years left.

Bird is to me the all time best point guard but I can't deny playing with Lauren Jackson and Breanna Stewart helped get her those titles. If EDD and or Fowles elected to remain in Chicago perhaps the Sky would have been more successful. As far as the Olympics, Sloot got caught behind Bird and Whalen. Hammon (and to an extent Parker in 16) found themselves on the outside of an organization that has the luxury of a deep talent base and seems to be highly political. I hope Bird and Taurasi are able to make a go of it in 2020 and stay healthy. Sloot would have probably been on the World Team last year with all the injuries and no shows for lack of a better word.

There is no reason to tear down either woman in order to proclaim one is "the best".

LOL...Parker found herself on the outside and I'm also betting depth had nothing to do with it...but I'm not allowed to go there on this board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom