Iowa State Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Iowa State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Donovan's dad was on UConn twitter spaces last night said he and Joey C spend almost every minute together off the court. Could have something to do with how comfortable they are playing with each other!
Dynamic Duo.

Reaction Score
Lot of things went right this weekend.

Today our defensive was close to perfect. Also, there's no reason Clingan needs to play 2 years of college ball. Dude has the physical gifts and he knows everything he needs to know. All he needs is another 6 months following whatever workout routine he's currently following.
Any input from Pro Scouts on Clingnan after this tournament?

Curious to know what, if anything, they have written about his game and potential.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We can beat any team in the country. It's been quite awhile since we have been able to say that. It's been a great start to the season and we have multiple point getters and a deep bench. Last night our two top "scorers" have off nights and we beat a quality team by 18. It's November so I'll have to take a few deep breaths but I saw a bunch of top ranked teams play over the weekend and my prevailing thought was UConn can beat those guys.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope Adama is having fun. He’s the pre-season Big East player of the year, but is being challenged for minutes by a freshman. It’s a great problem for us to have as a team, but I hope Adama can adjust to the role. Have we ever had two dominant big men on the same team?
Last year he got worn down because it was tough for us to take him off the court. Having a competent guy to fill-in off the bench, even if he’s playing 15 minutes, only helps Adama.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
4 fouls 20 seconds into the 2nd half.

It was more than just the 4 fouls. Hurley teaching him a lesson. I like that. If the game ever got tight late Hurley might have put him back in, but he was not happy with Jordan's lack of composure and let him know it.

Reaction Score

Curious to know what, if anything, they have written about his game and potential.
I'm not that in-tune to such things, but it would be impossible for them not to notice. I would go as far as saying it would be professionally irresponsible for NBA scouts not to notice.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score

it was interesting scrolling through this thread and seeing their fans react throughout the game. The expected whining about fouls (come on, they fouled non-stop early on) but also grudging respect for how good UConn is.

Reaction Score
When we switch from the high edge to drop coverage in PNR Iowa state really had no answers for that.
Somewhat disagree on this. They burned the drop for a couple alley-oops in the first half. I didn't notice what we tweaked from there, going to look for it on a re-watch.

Reaction Score

it was interesting scrolling through this thread and seeing their fans react throughout the game. The expected whining about fouls (come on, they fouled non-stop early on) but also grudging respect for how good UConn is.
A lot of their fans were good about saying "we are just fouling a lot, most of these are fouls." Which they were.

Reaction Score

Vecenie did a pod Sunday night but it was before the tip. On Clingan, he said he'd heard from a few scouts who were essentially asking for some background intel on Clingan. He's getting noticed and this was before the big Iowa St game.

August_West

Reaction Score
Somewhat disagree on this. They burned the drop for a couple alley-oops in the first half. I didn't notice what we tweaked from there, going to look for it on a re-watch.
Clingan got caught in no man’s land on one. It was good offense by ISU . DC can’t hedge hard enough and recover like Sanogo so the ball pressure was token and then got caught just below foul line. That’s the one place we dont want him defesnsively. He’s so menacing at the hoop.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

If my memory serves correctly we got caught between drop and hedge and the alley's came because we lacked help side rotation. Once we fully committed to drop coverage they didn't get open dunks anymore.

Reaction Score
Donovan's dad was on UConn twitter spaces last night said he and Joey C spend almost every minute together off the court. Could have something to do with how comfortable they are playing with each other!
It’s very noticeable. I remember at one point last night a few people in the game chat brought up how much they seem to love playing together

Reaction Score
It’s very noticeable. I remember at one point last night a few people in the game chat brought up how much they seem to love playing together
Even see an occasional smile out of the smooth Dude.. Tristen

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Would the Connecticut TV stations realize that UConn winning both men and women Phil Knight tournament is a huge story.

Last time I checked, the stations' websites didn't have stories on this. Maybe people will come back to work on Monday, get off
their backsides, and get some copy on TV and on the websites. Suffering through Bill Walton was bad enough!

Most local stations are now part of syndicates. Most of what the cover is pre-scripted by the home office. There is very little local content that isn't local crime, weather or traffic. They expect people to get their sports news elsewhere. Also didn't help that the story broke at midnight.

CL82

Reaction Score
Clingan got caught in no man’s land on one. It was good offense by ISU . DC can’t hedge hard enough and recover like Sanogo so the ball pressure was token and then got caught just below foul line. That’s the one place we dont want him defesnsively. He’s so menacing at the hoop.
Sanogo struggled with it as well early on at UConn

August_West

Reaction Score
Sanogo struggled with it as well early on at UConn
Compared to Whaley, yup.
But he’s been pretty effective this year at it when we run it ( don’t run it as much as last year) . We destroyed Alabama with Sanogo hedges though

Reaction Score
Most local stations are now part of syndicates. Most of what the cover is pre-scripted by the home office. There is very little local content that isn't local crime, weather or traffic. They expect people to get their sports news elsewhere. Also didn't help that the story broke at midnight.
The stations I contacted said ESPN has a rule that no local station can rebroadcast video from the game until 24 hours from the start of the game. But they could have met the airplane from Oregon at Bradley maybe get comments from our star player from Bristol, etc. This is a huge story for the state that both men and women teams won at Phil Knight Tournament. If they can cover a fire in Mystic they could also send a news crew up to Storrs for some comments. Not too far away.

CL82

Reaction Score
Compared to Whaley, yup.
But he’s been pretty effective this year at it when we run it ( don’t run it as much as last year) . We destroyed Alabama with Sanogo hedges though
Yep fully agree. I was actually surprised at how good he is at it now.

Hey where is your boy 8893? Get tired of The Boneyard? In detox? Airdropped into Ukraine as a “special advisor“?

Reaction Score
Vecenie did a pod Sunday night but it was before the tip. On Clingan, he said he'd heard from a few scouts who were essentially asking for some background intel on Clingan. He's getting noticed and this was before the big Iowa St game.
He needs to be much more than he is now to go, I selfishly say. Just 3 more years.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

They had better Walton comments than we did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom