Iowa St. Got Cheated (merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Iowa St. Got Cheated (merged thread)

Reaction Score
I think Slaughter and Schimmel going 13 for 24 on 3s had more to do with Baylor losing that game.
Which is funny because in this game Iowa state made a lot of 3’s and still lost! Crazy

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The elbows on that foul were cradling the ball to her body, they were not away from her body at all, and she was getting fouled by two TA&M players long before that call.

It is sort of funny seeing a 2 seed using the 'Louisville defense' against a 7 seed. Louisville was a 5 seed and employed it against Griner and the overall #1 seed. TA&M hasn't shown they belong any where at the top of the seed table.
You rewatch that game. The Louisville got away with murder narrative is false.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
If you watch the play you’re referring to you will see the official who called the jump ball was completely blocked out on the play by one of the A&M players who was trapping while the baseline official who had a clear view called nothing. A couple weeks ago I posted to not sleep on ISU, because they can shoot it, and you can’t foul them. Other than Ashley Jones, their next 3 best players are rookies. Watched them several times this year, & because of their youth turnovers hurt them in close games. Other than Baylor they were the team I would have least liked to draw from the Big 12, and actually the hardest to draw up an accurate scout on. Officials swallowed their whistles when Jones got fouled with 3 seconds left, and I thought they deserved to win the game.
Their last possession with the floor spread wasn’t ideal because ISU had their non scoring post in the game & it was clear her defender would double when Jones penetrated, which happened, & ISU didn’t get a decent look-rest is history. JMO
It was the official with the best view to step up and over ride the official blocked out, have a little officials conference. It happens all the time why not there.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Kristen Scott only played 11 minutes? She made 3 3’s!

I believe that she has a serious case of shin splints, and is in a lot of pain running & jumping. She would have definitely helped floor spacing on ISU’s final possession because she can really shoot the 3.

Reaction Score
I watched this game. This was just as tough as watching the Troy game. Granted Iowa State lost the game with some less than stellar plays in OT, but the game never should've gotten to OT. It got there because of the blatant intervention by the referees. That's my take for what it's worth.

Reaction Score
It was the official with the best view to step up and over ride the official blocked out, have a little officials conference. It happens all the time why not there.

Just guessing he wanted no part of the controversy that led to 3 pages in this thread, or didn’t want to overturn the lady who made the call. The ISU player didn’t help herself by catching the ball that close to the sideline, which became a third defender.

Reaction Score
After watching the game again, I have changed my mind. Yes, some of the calls against IS were atrocious, but overall the loss was mostly self inflicted. Way, too many turnovers, and the over dribbling right into traps late in regulation and overtime sealed their doom. It is difficult to lose a game after making so many 3's. Plus, IS's defense was very lax.

Reaction Score
Foul was on TAM before the swinging elbow ....
The player clasped the ball to her chest with both arms and her elbows tucked to her body. No foul (none was called) but the tie-up was bogus. Iowa State player were mauled and there were no calls.

Reaction Score
Just finished watching the Iowa St. Texas A&M game. A&M pushed, elbowed, hooked and hit Ashley Joens so many times and very few foul calls. The most egregious foul was at the end where Nixon hooked Ashley's arm as she drove the lane. All Carolyn Peck could do was talk about how she thought the ball was last touched by Ashley. Nothing about her arm being hooked. I don't want to hear you can't call a foul in the last few seconds. If it's a foul in the first few seconds, then it's a foul in the last few seconds. Sorry, Iowa St. You were ripped off. Once again A&M gets the benefit of no foul calls. They didn't deserve to make it to the second round. Whoever they play next, I hope they wipe you off the court.
Worst example of one team being cheated that I have ever seen, worse than the 1972 Olympics game. All the refs in the game should be fired. I am shocked Fennely never got a technical, Geno would have gotten tossed in the 1st quarter. Does anyone know if the same refs were involved in TAM and Troy?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This makes me recall the National Championship game between UCONN and Syracuse. Their was one official who made three bogus calls in the first half against UCONN. A walk against Moria that took a way her three point basket, replay clearly showed she hadn't walked, a foul against Moria on a three point shot, replay clearly showed no contact. A six point turn around just before halftime. I don't believe I have ever seen that official again. So, I assume that they do review the game and grade the officials. Getting really good officials is imperative NCAA. I also watched the Iowa State game and turned it off when it went to OT because I knew Texas A&T were going to win and they didn't deserve to due to subpar officianating.

Reaction Score
Dee Kanter can't work every game..
Happy Natures Great Events GIF by BBC America

Reaction Score
Speaking of Dee Kantner, has she worked any games yet? I have not seen her on any games I have watched.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Dee Kantner, has she worked any games yet? I have not seen her on any games I have watched.
yes she has worked a few..guarantee she works the final 4...

Reaction Score
There was controversy along the way. Donarski turned the ball over with 10 seconds left when she was surrounded by Texas A&M defenders and faced heavy pressure. No foul was called. Instead, officials called a jump ball and the possession arrow went to Texas A&M. Nixon then tied the score with her layup. Iowa State still had a chance to win it in the closing seconds of regulation, but Joens couldn’t get a pair of shots to fall or draw a foul as an aggressive Aggies defense closed in on he

Reaction Score
A team with 24 turnovers should never win unless their opponents had 25..
A team with 24 turnovers should never win unless the refs do the same unfairness to their opponents.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
No she wasn't.
I just rewatched this and she got mauled the entirety of the game, not to mention one of the worst charging calls I've seen when a basket was waived off at the end of the game. Baylor should have played better and never allowed it to be close but the refs were seriously awful that game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom