Iowa St. Got Cheated (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Iowa St. Got Cheated (merged thread)

Reaction Score
Just finished watching the Iowa St. Texas A&M game. A&M pushed, elbowed, hooked and hit Ashley Joens so many times and very few foul calls. The most egregious foul was at the end where Nixon hooked Ashley's arm as she drove the lane. All Carolyn Peck could do was talk about how she thought the ball was last touched by Ashley. Nothing about her arm being hooked. I don't want to hear you can't call a foul in the last few seconds. If it's a foul in the first few seconds, then it's a foul in the last few seconds. Sorry, Iowa St. You were ripped off. Once again A&M gets the benefit of no foul calls. They didn't deserve to make it to the second round. Whoever they play next, I hope they wipe you off the court.

Reaction Score
I agree but they also missed the call on
The jump ball. Swinging the elbows is
Pretty much an automatic foul when you
Make contact. The refs could easily have
Called it intentional. So I think things evened out

Reaction Score
That was awful. The jump ball call where the defender wasn't touching the basketball, the no-call on the drive to the hoop with 5 seconds left. I thought the refs did a poor job in the UConn game last night. The Troy game was a complete disaster. This is the best we can do?

Reaction Score
I agree, even the jump ball with 11 seconds in Reg. was suspect. Also, can you imagine being an ISU fan and have to listen to Carilyn Peck prattle on about how it was an intential foul? These ESPN announcers are really pathetic.

Reaction Score
I agree about the elbows. That said, it appeared the defender never had a hand on the ball, there was no reason for a tie up call.

Reaction Score
Please. She was trying to wrestle the ball away from the A&M players. If you think the fouls evened out, then you need to get a pair of glasses because Ashley Joens got brutalized all game long.

Reaction Score
I agree, even the jump ball with 11 seconds in Reg. was suspect. Also, can you imagine being an ISU fan and have to listen to Carilyn Peck prattle on about how it was an intential foul? These ESPN announcers are really pathetic.
For a coach, she knows very little about basketball. How can you not address the fact that Nixon hooked Ashley's arm as she drove to the basket. Bet she's one of those who believes you don't call a foul in the last few seconds. That is a bunch of @#$%&*!

Reaction Score
Still waiting to see a replay of inbounds play and last 4.1 seconds of the game where there looked like a lot of contact but no call. The ref crew was incompetent. The ref under the basket stayed in the far corner instead of moving toward the play to see what was happening. Peck is a total embarrassment as well as the other game announcers for espn. Maybe if they actually spent more time calling the game and talking no essential nonsense all game the girls would have a greater viewing audience. I think these announcers turn off a lot of fans. How many times in first 2 rounds have calls been made where they don’t tell you who committed the foul or there is a controversial call that the coach is complaining on and they go to commercial and when they come back don’t explain what happenned and go back to their gabfest. Hey espn, GET SOME COMPETENT ANNOUNCERS and talk about what’s going on in the game.

Reaction Score
Agree, once again A&M got bailed out by the refs. I thought the held ball on the "swinging elbow" was a bit premature, although I agree that the no foul call was correct. If you stick your nose in there, you have to expect to get a whack, The Iowa State player was simply trying to protect the ball. Jones' father could have used some more TV air time as he was on his way to a major tantrum before they cut the shot. I expected him to be on the floor tussling with the refs after the game. I found him quite entertaining!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just finished watching the Iowa St. Texas A&M game. A&M pushed, elbowed, hooked and hit Ashley Joens so many times and very few foul calls. The most egregious foul was at the end where Nixon hooked Ashley's arm as she drove the lane. All Carolyn Peck could do was talk about how she thought the ball was last touched by Ashley. Nothing about her arm being hooked. I don't want to hear you can't call a foul in the last few seconds. If it's a foul in the first few seconds, then it's a foul in the last few seconds. Sorry, Iowa St. You were ripped off. Once again A&M gets the benefit of no foul calls. They didn't deserve to make it to the second round. Whoever they play next, I hope they wipe you off the court.

I doubt any of the TAMU players are reading this board.????

Reaction Score
wow - just watched the replays. ISU should file a protest. 3 blown call at the very end of the game literally changed the outcome (jump ball & 2 hacks on Joens). Wont change who advances but at least it will call attention to the poor officiating. That was a brutal way to lose.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The elbows on that foul were cradling the ball to her body, they were not away from her body at all, and she was getting fouled by two TA&M players long before that call.

It is sort of funny seeing a 2 seed using the 'Louisville defense' against a 7 seed. Louisville was a 5 seed and employed it against Griner and the overall #1 seed. TA&M hasn't shown they belong any where at the top of the seed table.

Reaction Score
That was awful. The jump ball call where the defender wasn't touching the basketball, the no-call on the drive to the hoop with 5 seconds left. I thought the refs did a poor job in the UConn game last night. The Troy game was a complete disaster. This is the best we can do?
agree 100%. Does anyone know if the NCAA will review the officials performances in these games? To me it's like a employee review - if you never address then the employee thinks everything is hunky-dory and those mistakes will be made over & over. Really a shame for these young players!

Reaction Score
When the refs were checking for the flagrant foul, they probably realized that there wasn't a held ball. It should have been a foul on the Aggies & Iowa State getting foul shots to seal the game. So they ignored the elbow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom