Iowa beats South Carolina! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Iowa beats South Carolina!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What 'gifts' are those, Rocky? Quick with a quip? Swag? I'll give DT the edge on those, at least at this point, but on the court, Caitlin is simply better than Diana was in college.

Our love of UConn women's basketball and DT's legendary status shouldn't blind us to that reality.
Agreed, and we should want to game to continue to grow and for the players to be better than they were 20 years ago.

Reaction Score
Thought it was a bit laughable Boston seemed to be complaining that the refs let a lot go because SC is always deemed the “aggressor.”

Boston is an EXCELLENT player, but I often felt she was a bit over hyped. I just don’t see how averaging 13 points and 9 rebounds gets you on the convo for NPOY when you have players like Clark, Seigrest, even Reese absolutely dominating. Granted I know she didn’t play a lot of minutes at times, but I just don’t see her as this dominating player she gets made out to be. She’s great on defense and I know she was often double teamed and I think she’ll do better in the WNBA with the 3 second rule and better shooters surrounding her.

I think Dawn should have had Johnson take more jumpers in the beginning, try to force Iowa to guard her. SC just didn’t really look that intense or focused. I thought Cardoso was really good and efficient and should have started the second half. It just didn’t seem like they really tried to make an adjustments to stop Clark. I thought LA was excellent when she was in, she rebounded well and disrupted Clark so was confused we didn’t see more of her. Even Clark seemed a bit confused why SC was guarding there posts closely outside the paint and not sagging off. I thought the girl (Marshall maybe?) who was guarding Cooke was excellent and should be getting some credit. Really fun game to watch, Clark is the whole show!
Clark is a great player, but not defensively, and she won't be able to rest on defense in the WNBA. The real great ones do it on both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score
She's a scoring machine on a team constructed around her, but Diana's gifts put her well ahead of Caitlyn.
Not just scoring, Clark has much higher assist and rebounding numbers than Taurasi did in college.

Reaction Score
Is this a reasonable take....or crazy...or even worse...Boneyard crazy?

I think Cardosa will have a better wnba career than Boston. Also more
likely to be on future USA teams...including the 2028 Olympics.

Boston will be very good,,,and may well be on the 2028 team with Cardosa...
but I think Cardosa's ceiling is higher....and she is younger.
Cardosa is from Brazil and is on their team.

Reaction Score
Clark is a great player, but not defensively, and she won't be able to rest on defense in the WNBA. The real great ones do it on both ends of the floor.
I think Clark will get there defensively. She doesn’t need to do a whole lot on defense right now and that’s okay. She has to rest on defense because she has to do so much for Iowa offensively.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm just happy that Iowa won the game, keeping SC from having back to back titles and going undefeated. UConn was cheated by the ref's out of the win over SC with only 7 available players, they let them beat up on Lou and missed the handoff in the closing seconds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Go and get that title tomorrow, Clark! Now that UConn and Villanova are out of the picture, I’m rooting for Iowa.

I like Kim as a coach, but I don’t like this LSU team, especially Reese. I don’t like Reese’s antics on the floor. In one of the regular games (I can’t remember with team they were playing against) after making a bucket and getting fouled, she taunted the opposing player and then licked her fingers; another instance (I can’t remember if it was the last game or the one before that), after posting up and making a basket, she turned and made a “too small” gesture with her hand to the opposing player. It’s not something we want to see!

Reaction Score
SC losing yesterday shows how hard it is to go undefeated. The players and coaches might say they don’t feel pressure; but if they are honest, they know they have tons of pressure to go undefeated, especially during the big games (e.g. Final Four or title games).
That’s why I admire Geno and UConn for having done it SIX times.

Reaction Score
SC losing yesterday shows how hard it is to go undefeated. The players and coaches might say they don’t feel pressure; but if they are honest, they know they have tons of pressure to go undefeated, especially during the big games (e.g. Final Four or title games).
That’s why I admire Geno and UConn for having done it SIX times.
Watching SC last night honestly reminded me of watching the 2016-17 UConn team in their Final Four game. Neither team I would classify as totally dominant yet both went undefeated during the season until the Final Four when the pressure of being undefeated caught up to them in a close game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What 'gifts' are those, Rocky? Quick with a quip? Swag? I'll give DT the edge on those, at least at this point, but on the court, Caitlin is simply better than Diana was in college.

Our love of UConn women's basketball and DT's legendary status shouldn't blind us to that reality.
I know memory fades and I also know I can't convince you, so I'll let DT's game do the talking. The first 2 shots in this video you have never seen from Caitlyn and there is much more. She's a terrific player but she is no DT. And there is plenty more where this came from.

Reaction Score
I know memory fades and I also know I can't convince you, so I'll let DT's game do the talking. The first 2 shots in this video you have never seen from Caitlyn and there is much more. She's a terrific player but she is no DT. And there is plenty more where this came from.

And don't forget Maya ...

Reaction Score

A highlight package of Clark would be just as impressive imo. No one in the women’s game has ever hit deep 3’s with as much consistency as she does and it’s not particularly close. They’re both clearly great players and have different strengths that make them great.

Reaction Score

This is wild. Please remember to take be fighting this hard for Clark next year when Iowa is at home and the great string of 5-6 games is a year later and another player is the media darling of the year.

Taurasi was a better all around offensive player and defensive player than Clark. I’ve never seen Clark post up which Taurasi’s had in her game since her freshman year. and Taurasi’s mid range game by her junior year is far superior to Clark’s. She also shot better from 3 and from 2 her junior years let alone her careers. Don’t let the fact that Clark’s raw stats are hire because they have to be for her team to win blind you from the fact that DT could have put up those same numbers if she needed to.

Reaction Score

Just like people forget how good paige is. Paige game is effortless and efficient. She rarely makes the wrong pass, the wrong play. She doesn't have the crazy razzle dazzle plays like C. Clark, but she is every bit as good and I think better (on offense and defense).

Reaction Score

Its Diana, no contest. Now, those baggy shorts.....nasty....!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We all have a thought on who's the best. Respect each others opinion. Paige and Catlin play for different coaches on different teams. Its tuff to compare them. I feel Paige has a better supporting cast. Catlin is expected to do more. Diana Maya Stewie all played in different eras on different teams. That counts for alot. They are all really good at how they play the game.

Reaction Score
was there ever a player of a top team that the team depended so heavily on then Clark? A truly generational player!
I don't think I've ever seen a player carry a team to victory like Caitlin did with Iowa last night. She just makes everyone around her better, it's truly special. People may say Sabrina, but she had two other All-Americans on her team in Sabally and Hebard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is wild. Please remember to take be fighting this hard for Clark next year when Iowa is at home and the great string of 5-6 games is a year later and another player is the media darling of the year.

Taurasi was a better all around offensive player and defensive player than Clark. I’ve never seen Clark post up which Taurasi’s had in her game since her freshman year. and Taurasi’s mid range game by her junior year is far superior to Clark’s. She also shot better from 3 and from 2 her junior years let alone her careers. Don’t let the fact that Clark’s raw stats are hire because they have to be for her team to win blind you from the fact that DT could have put up those same numbers if she needed to.
They definitely have different strengths. Clark is probably a better passer, rebounder, and driver to the basket than Taurasi while Taurasi probably had a more complete offensive skillset and was a better defender during her college career. At this point, I would rate them as the two best collegiate guards of all time.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Still an awesome post. Wish Uconn have have someone like her for next year
Ice, Baby, Ice!!!! And don't pooh-pooh Jana. Ice and Jana, no later than mid-January, will be integral to UCONN's success. Both now know what is expected next season. Next season UCONN will have three bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom