Iowa beats South Carolina! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Iowa beats South Carolina!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we all have to admit that no one knows how good Paige will be next season. In terms of playing experience and development, she is nearly two full seasons behind Clark, for example. Plus, no one knows whether there will be any lingering limitations resulting from her injury. Of course, I wish her nothing but the fullest recovery and development possible, but to believe that she will immediately be the equal of Clark or that she will simply resume her play as if nothing had happened is unfair to her. We have to wait and see and hope--which is a lot harder than it sounds.
Geno beat IOWA without Paige. Just imagine what he'd do if his team includes Paige. Caitlin is a great player. I dislike her cheering herself. DT did that in Tenn, but Tenn asked for it. She, Caitlin is a top player. How she shows her stuff at the next level shall tell us all whether she is GREAT or just very good. I agree until Paige plays she is an unknown quantity, rust and lack of game time take their toll.
Confidence is what separated DT and Caitlin from the REST.
The Ohio St game needed a lot more confidence. You can bet your EDSIL that if the same happens next year Geno shall be ready.

Reaction Score
Is this a reasonable take....or crazy...or even worse...Boneyard crazy?

I think Cardosa will have a better wnba career than Boston. Also more
likely to be on future USA teams...including the 2028 Olympics.

Boston will be very good,,,and may well be on the 2028 team with Cardosa...
but I think Cardosa's ceiling is higher....and she is younger.
Is Kamilla Cardoso a US citizen? If she is, then she will/can represent the country. If she’s not, then I don’t believe she’ll be able to do so.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why wasn’t the ball taken out of Clarks hand? We beat Iowa.
Clark, directly and indirectly through assists, accounted for close to 75% of their total points. Was double teaming ever considered on Clark?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Totally agree about DT's greatness, Rocky. As a fellow Huskies fan who was also thrilled by Diana's skills during her UConn days, I have no argument that she's among the all-time greats of WCBB.

I'm not trying to convince you about anything about Caitlin Clark. If you've actually watched what she's done now for three full seasons and aren't convinced, well, I'll just bow to your allegiance to a UConn great.

In no way does what's happening these days take away from my appreciation for DT, Sue, Maya, Stewie or players like Cheryl Miller, Swoopes, Holdsclaw, Parker, on and on... I'll just watch and enjoy what Clark is doing during this era and not discount the possibility that someone could come along who's better, in coming years as well as right now, than the greats of past years.

And, as we're all wishing and hoping, here's to Paige somehow overcoming her major physical hurdles to rank among those greats in the next few seasons.

For the moment, cheers... go, Huskies (and today, go Hawkeyes!).

Is it okay with you if I maintain my lifelong Connecticut roots and still admire what Caitlin's up to?;)
She's spectacular and yes you have my permission to admire what she has done. I just think Diana is more multidimension and that translates to better.

Reaction Score
I think we all have to admit that no one knows how good Paige will be next season. In terms of playing experience and development, she is nearly two full seasons behind Clark, for example. Plus, no one knows whether there will be any lingering limitations resulting from her injury. Of course, I wish her nothing but the fullest recovery and development possible, but to believe that she will immediately be the equal of Clark or that she will simply resume her play as if nothing had happened is unfair to her. We have to wait and see and hope--which is a lot harder than it sounds.
Couldn’t agree with you more.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree with you more.
I think she will eventually get back to her pre-ACL level but it usually takes players coming back from ACL tears several months to get back to their pre-injury level. People need to be patient with her and not set their expectations too high at the start.

Reaction Score
Clark, directly and indirectly through assists, accounted for close to 75% of their total points. Was double teaming ever considered on Clark?
I'm still befuddled why South Carolina didn't start double-teaming Clark and make Iowa's other players beat them. Staley coached a very poor game imo, you can't let the other team's star player score 40 points without changing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom