Interesting ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Interesting ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is pure nonsense.

First, I like how the Syracuse blog made it seem like it was America's failing and not Syracuse. Guy tried to say something and then his nerve failed him and he let Syracuse off the hook. If you think someone failed Fab Melo, it's Syracuse and Melo himself.

Second, nice to see how charitable you all have become. We'll see if that holds the next time some Syracuse player runs afoul of the law or the NCAA. My hunch is that you'll be as happy as you no doubt were when Melo was suspended back in the day.

And I'm with Dove - the guy who scurried to Deadspin ought to step out and take a bow. Why hide?

Reaction Score
All this over a message board post. I would love to know who the rat is that made this epic.

My fondest memory of cto was when she was supplying all the meat (proteins!) for a Boneyard tailgate. She arrived a little late with the right side of her SUV caved in due to a collision on the way to Storrs. That accident would have made a lesser Yarder bail. High school senior, Dan Orlovsky, later dined on a burger and dog she supplied.

What sticks in my mind is she owns the ugliest orange sweaters this side of Knoxville, TN. ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What sticks in my mind is how kind and generous she was. Can't believe anyone at Syracuse could find something bad to say about her.
She messed up big time on this. It's reasonable to take her to task on it. It's her moment of shame. It will pass. People screw up all the time and most of us move on after it leaves our system.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I met Joyce at least twice at Boneyard classics and she was friendly and gracious. I believe that she made a mistake in what she said publicly, but I expect that the "outrage" and what sounds like hatred of her for what she said is the far more dangerous aspect of this event. It's not in good taste to point out flaws in the recently deceased, but man, the anger towards her lacks balance or perspective as well.

Reaction Score
This page breaks it down as it should be. I've also met cto at a couple of BY Golf Classics (and even remember) and she is a kind, generous and fun person.

She made a huge mess of a thought that is only ill-timed. She knows more about "her" program than any of us but again, she does regret this I am very sure. As stated above it will pass and most will again know her as cto, the Cuse fan with a closet love for the Huskies (BY at least).

Reaction Score
This is pure nonsense.

First, I like how the Syracuse blog made it seem like it was America's failing and not Syracuse. Guy tried to say something and then his nerve failed him and he let Syracuse off the hook. If you think someone failed Fab Melo, it's Syracuse and Melo himself.

Second, nice to see how charitable you all have become. We'll see if that holds the next time some Syracuse player runs afoul of the law or the NCAA. My hunch is that you'll be as happy as you no doubt were when Melo was suspended back in the day.

And I'm with Dove - the guy who scurried to Deadspin ought to step out and take a bow. Why hide?

Nothing about this post is remotely coherent.

Reaction Score
Everyone agrees that her post was tasteless, insensitive, just plain dumb, etc. But it does suck to see someone's life work being overwhelmed by a stupid comment made on a message board. I imagine it is very frustrating for her friends to google her name and see the Deadspin article listed above the WSJ article profiling her for being so charitable. She undoubtedly does deserve some type of scorn and criticism for her remark but unlike what @fleudslipcon said (this is her moment of shame, it will pass), it really won't pass. People will move on and find someone else to be pissed about in 24 hours but every time you google her name, you will see her linked to this message board comment. No one to blame but herself but it is just a weird time to be alive.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
but I expect that the "outrage" and what sounds like hatred of her for what she said is the far more dangerous aspect of this event. It's not in good taste to point out flaws in the recently deceased, but man, the anger towards her lacks balance or perspective as well.

Welcome to America 2017! Come on over to the cesspool. It's tremendous!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I've known Joyce for 18 years, and she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Those who disagree either don't know her, or see her as a Syracuse fan instead of person.

The timing of her post could not have been worse, but that's about it. Time to move on.

On Tuesday, Hergenhan, a non-voting Syracuse University trustee, said that given time to reflect she regretted her comments regarding Melo.

"I'm very sorry that I said what I said,'' Hergenhan said. "It was very uncaring, and it does not reflect the real me. As you know, I bleed Orange and care about everyone who is part of the Orange family. My prayers are with Fab's family and friends.''

Syracuse alum apologizes for remarks critical of Fab Melo after his death

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've known Hoyce for 18 years, and she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Those who disagree either don't know her, or see her as a Syracuse fan instead of person.

The timing of her post could not have been worse, but that's about it. Time to move on.

On Tuesday, Hergenhan, a non-voting Syracuse University trustee, said that given time to reflect she regretted her comments regarding Melo.

"I'm very sorry that I said what I said,'' Hergenhan said. "It was very uncaring, and it does not reflect the real me. As you know, I bleed Orange and care about everyone who is part of the Orange family. My prayers are with Fab's family and friends.''

Syracuse alum apologizes for remarks critical of Fab Melo after his death

That's all she needed to say in the first place. Sounds like she is a great person and very well loved by the long timers on this board. I'm happy she decided to make the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom