Indiana Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Maybe Geno is going for a 7 or 8 player rotation going down the stretch. But if the starting 5 are playing relatively close to the plan, he is sticking with them. The team seemed to work well today when the starting 5 we're on the court together. And he did put in Evina, Nika, Dorka and Caroline but only E seemed to be sustaining the play over a good period of time.
IMO.:)

Reaction Score
The officiating definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Hate to say it, but I felt bad for IU, as they were on D early in Q3 and botr the brunt of the early whistles. Also, an IU player (Holmes?) picked up her 4th foul on a totally clean block.
I agree! But then, they over compensated by calling every foul on UCONN. These refs painted themselves into a quarter by screwing up the start of the 2nd half.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
When we got the big lead the fouls on UConn kept IU in the game. IU is a really good team. I was at both games today. ND appeared to have total control of the game until the end. I was shocked they lost. NC State is good. I dont think NC State can beat UConn unless UConn has a poor poor game.

Alot of ticky tack fouls once UConn got a big lead. A couple of hits on the arm and one where Paige was getting slapped right in front of us and no call on IU. We won big and now NC State. We can hold Culane down with our defense. ND couldnt.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just can't believe Geno can't set up more plays for our sharp shooter - hitting 100% of her threes in the last two games (60% in the NCAAs) and they only get her two shots! I expect more of a hall of fame coach! :cool:

Reaction Score
We didn't? How about up by 20 Pts. in the 3rd?
Longtime UCONN fans know the Husky modus operandi: Play the good teams even for 30 minutes, but go on a big run for 10 minutes during the game that decides the outcome. How many times has UCONN built a big lead & then have their opponent outscore them in the 4th quarter? It can be frustrating, but it is a successful formula.

Reaction Score
I just can't believe Geno can't set up more plays for our sharp shooter - hitting 100% of her threes in the last two games (60% in the NCAAs) and they only get her two shots! I expect more of a hall of fame coach! :cool:
If only IU’s defense would get with the program. I mean, it’s not FAIR that opposing D’s won’t let Azzi shoot uncontested 3’s.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Back from the game with a few thoughts:
  • Indiana runs some of the best offensive action I have seen in WBB. The Hoosiers are really tough to defend.
  • UConn’s 16-0 run to start the 2nd half effectively put the game out of reach. While IN continued to battle, they never got within 10 pts or less.
  • Geno was coaching as hard as I’ve ever seen. During every time out he used every second available, drawing up plalys, making adjustments and encouraging his players.
  • UConn’s seniors played like UConn seniors. Liv & Christyn were magnificent on both ends of the court. In addition, Evina played with a great deal of poise, making several key plays.
  • Paige played 3 average quarters and one NPOY quarter, the 3rd.
  • As for Monday night’s game, I think the Wolfpack will have more trouble with UConn’s pressure than IN. Can’t wait for the game.

Reaction Score
Edwards.

Last 15 minutes was hard to judge because the officials decided to step up their "game" and otherwise screw up. Terrible calls, hurting Indiana a little worse than UConn, for a change.

But for the first 25-27 minutes, where it was a genuine basketball game, UConn was outstanding in just about all aspects of the game. Plus, we haven't seen the last of Dorka this season; this is a full team of quality players.
After watching the first game, and seeing nearly zero fouls called, I knew our game would be a mess. Spectacularly inconsistent seems to the the standard.

Reaction Score
Edwards and Liv also missed point blank shots. Hope that wasn’t the reason.
She has had for problems if I’m not mistaken. Perhaps she’s not feeling right? Guess we won’t know unless Geno tells us.

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
Back from the game with a few thoughts:
  • Indiana runs some of the best offensive action I have seen in WBB. The Hoosiers are really tough to defend.
  • UConn’s 16-0 run to start the 2nd half effectively put the game out of reach. While IN continued to battle, they never got within 10 pts or less.
  • Geno was coaching as hard as I’ve ever seen. During every time out he used every second available, drawing up plalys, making adjustments and encouraging his players.
  • UConn’s seniors played like UConn seniors. Liv & Christyn were magnificent on both ends of the court. In addition, Evina played with a great deal of poise, making several key plays.
  • Paige played 3 average quarters and one NPOY quarter, the 3rd.
  • As for Monday night’s game, I think the Wolfpack will have more trouble with UConn’s pressure than IN. Can’t wait for the game.
There was a 3rd quarter? ESPN (and ESPN2) were offline on my cable for most of it.

Reaction Score
The officiating definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Hate to say it, but I felt bad for IU, as they were on D early in Q3 and botr the brunt of the early whistles. Also, an IU player (Holmes?) picked up her 4th foul on a totally clean block.
There's too much at stake for such a poor officiating job. Ruined the flow of the game. Amateur hour. The buffoons established how the game was going to be called, allowed the players to adjust, which good players on good teams do, and then totally changed their approach in the 2nd half.
Not sure I understand why IU got another shot at the end of the first half. I wanted to see what happened after Holmes missed the shot, not whether the last second shot should count. Did an IU player have the ball after Holmes' miss? If UConn rebounded it, wouldn't they be awarded the ball?
The better team clearly won, but refs spoiled the experience to a degree. Players on both teams and the fans deserved better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom