Independent Scheduling | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Independent Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
$40 mil buys us Urban Meyer.
Take another hit.. At the end of the day we’re still UConn football no recruits are coming here and neither is a coaching staff I think we all need to come to terms with that it’s over

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Take another hit.. At the end of the day we’re still UConn football no recruits are coming here and neither is a coaching staff I think we all need to come to terms with that it’s over
If we were in the B1G we’d be at least on par with BC/Cuse on recruits.

And the $40mill comment... how does that not help?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think Rutgers would eventually be competitive in the ACC (same as UConn).

The Big10 is just a behemoth and playing in the same division as Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State is an awful lot of football tradition inertia to overcome.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we are playing San Jose State on 9/5, then it stands to reason we are also adding Central Michigan to the schedule as well. Currently SJS is slated to open on the road against Central Michigan. Playing this out, CM is slated to host Bryant on 9/26. My guess is that for CM the Bryant game gets moved forward to 9/5 and then on the weekend of 9/26 CM comes to Hartford or on some other date later in the season.
Update: I noticed Army visits SJS on 11/14. It’s widely known UConn and Army will work out an extended series as two neighboring independents. One way to start would be for Army to visit UConn on 11/14 instead of SJS and UConn visits SJS in army’s place at TBD date. That might be the more likely scenario than the CMU game trade.

Reaction Score
Update: I noticed Army visits SJS on 11/14. It’s widely known UConn and Army will work out an extended series as two neighboring independents. One way to start would be for Army to visit UConn on 11/14 instead of SJS and UConn visits SJS in army’s place at TBD date. That might be the more likely scenario than the CMU game trade.

See post #601 on page 25. :p

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
If we were in the B1G we’d be at least on par with BC/Cuse on recruits.

And the $40mill comment... how does that not help?
Helps the school I get it, but we’re delusional if we think that goin forward that we’re gonna be anything but average at best , support the kids and be prepared to complain about how much the coaching staff sucks

Reaction Score
"Money....,money changes everything"

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Was just about to post this. Has to be us.

Doesnt have to be their FCS cupcake game? I suppose they could forgo their annual treat, but very few schools ever do that.

Reaction Score
Doesnt have to be their FCS cupcake game? I suppose they could forgo their annual treat, but very few schools ever do that.

Just trying to front run the negative nellies here .... would we not qualify as the FCS cupcake? :oops:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
TCU just booked SMU. That sucks!
Yeah that series has been going on for a while, for whatever reason that sat on the announcement to extend until now.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just trying to front run the negative nellies here .... would we not qualify as the FCS cupcake? :oops:
That indeed is an angle for booking 2020 games. No doubt. Might work once or twice.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought the original date that I saw for San Jose State was 8/29.

That's what I'm going with for my hotel reservation. Saturday makes more sense than Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom