In a day when Mizzou got schalacked... | The Boneyard

In a day when Mizzou got schalacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alex Oriakhi - 19 minutes, 1-2 FG, 2-3 FT, 2 Reb, 1 Stl, 1 Blk, 1 TO, 2 PF, 4 pts.

Thanks for the championship AO, but you're not a very good player.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't really want to pile on, but I keep thinking UConn is one player short - and, really, it's Roscoe Smith, not Alex O.

It's obviously impossible to say it conclusively, but with Roscoe, I suspect we get past Pitt, UNM and Marquette.

(Psst...it's 'shellacked'.)

Reaction Score
I don't really want to pile on, but I keep thinking UConn is one player short - and, really, it's Roscoe Smith, not Alex O.

It's obviously impossible to say it conclusively, but with Roscoe, I suspect we get past Pitt, UNM and Marquette.

Pssst...thanks! I never knew (don't type the word ever hehe)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pssst...thanks! I never knew (don't type the word ever hehe)

Now, you can! You have been inducted into the exclusive club of people who can describe shellackings!

Reaction Score
Vicious things are being said about a certain transplant to the land of show-me--vicious... but familiar.

And there are even sarcastic refrains like: "Idiot Calhoun benched him." "What the hell does that guy know?" "What the hell did Calhoun ever win?"

Reaction Score
wait a second im major confused, i thought upstater only replied to posts the the keyword #berniefine to convince me why its the same as joe paterno lol

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
wait a second im major confused, i thought upstater only replied to posts the the keyword #berniefine to convince me why its the same as joe paterno lol
Good thing you guys won't miss us.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Alex Oriakhi - 19 minutes, 1-2 FG, 2-3 FT, 2 Reb, 1 Stl, 1 Blk, 1 TO, 2 PF, 4 pts.

Thanks for the championship AO, but you're not a very good player.
If somebody wanted to take the time, I bet AO's stats vs. cupcakes are remarkably better than what he does vs. live competition.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Bernie Fine likes boys. Joe Paterno enables young boys to get touched. I see the similarity. Do you need more help?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why are we whispering?

Because there are organizations in this world who would do us shellac people harm. And they are always listening.

You don't go up against the varnish cartels without a plan - they're not like the polyurethaners...they play for keeps.

Reaction Score
Was watching the game when I heard Jimmy Dykes utter the familiar refrain that UConn never ran anything for AO and the only opportunity he got to score was as an offensive rebounder, and that now he's finally getting plays ran for him. Do any of these guys realize AO is having basically the same season that he had as a sophomore?

Reaction Score
If somebody wanted to take the time, I bet AO's stats vs. cupcakes are remarkably better than what he does vs. live competition.

I'd take that bet in a second. Actually, I'd bet on the inverse.

Good lord people. Yes, last year AO was a b*tch, and AO's father was much more of a b*tch. And that sucked. And the year before, AO was inconsistent. But...AO came up huge in a lot of huge games. And we most certainly wouldn't have won the championship without him.

So if the boneyard could stop the whole crazy ex-spouse-style hatred thing, that would be cool.

Reaction Score
I'd take that bet in a second. Actually, I'd bet on the inverse.

Good lord people. Yes, last year AO was a b*tch, and AO's father was much more of a b*tch. And that sucked. And the year before, AO was inconsistent. But...AO came up huge in a lot of huge games. And we most certainly wouldn't have won the championship without him.

So if the boneyard could stop the whole crazy ex-spouse-style hatred thing, that would be cool.

Why stop, it's too fun after he conspired with pop's to ruin a program for a year with his pouting and twitter ? He deserves everything he gets here and nothing else......and while he certainly was part of the NC run in '10 inconsistent is being nice. Like I've said in the past, the good news is he came up big when he had to. But if you watched him all year and liked him as a player (outside of Maui and most of the BE and NC run) you weren't being honest with yourself. He probably was a 6 & 5 guy outside of those 2 runs and that was in 28-30 minutes a game. The constant getting beat up on the boards by lesser players and jogging back on D to get beat by his guy was enough to make us puke.

His 4 & 2 was something to smile :D about yesterday for me.........hopefully his dad had fun with it too!!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
classic AO line

"HOF talant": so says daddy O

Reaction Score

Let's see, AO thread, yeah Fine is relevant here. You guys are in denial--the truth hurts.

Reaction Score

Daniels and Wolf played 34 minutes against Pitt with zero rebounds. Either AO or Roscoe would have helped this year.

Reaction Score
Daniels and Wolf played 34 minutes against Pitt with zero rebounds. Either AO or Roscoe would have helped this year.

Comparing Daniels is unfair - yes he's tall but skinny as heck and definitely not a build for a 5...or really a 4 IMO. Let's be real, Wolf never was or is better than AO and we expected as much given his relative ranking out of school. People forget, AO was supposedly a huge catch. His freshman year, he wasn't bad...he looked like he would grow into his role and really excel. In 2011, I thought it leveled off but he still was a decent player and had his really good games. Since our championship year, he's regressed...a lot. Not sure why. Lack of heart? Injury? Or he never was good in the first place and his first two years he overachieved? Either way, he's not the same player he is today.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We need fake Mr. Oriaki to go post about how AO would be doing better if he wasn't being coached by "slavemaster."

Reaction Score
I think he's better than he showed Saturday, nobody does well at Gainsville. Agree though he will play better in Columbia and against lesser lights.

Reaction Score
Comparing Daniels is unfair - yes he's tall but skinny as heck and definitely not a build for a 5...or really a 4 IMO. Let's be real, Wolf never was or is better than AO and we expected as much given his relative ranking out of school. People forget, AO was supposedly a huge catch. His freshman year, he wasn't bad...he looked like he would grow into his role and really excel. In 2011, I thought it leveled off but he still was a decent player and had his really good games. Since our championship year, he's regressed...a lot. Not sure why. Lack of heart? Injury? Or he never was good in the first place and his first two years he overachieved? Either way, he's not the same player he is today.

Maybe Kemba was just that good. Look at Kentucky this year without a take charge PG. Hard to throw the ball to AO so he can actually catch it and be in position to finish where he catches it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's just limited - for all the chatter, he's not really a reliable option on offense.

A guy who gets way too much press for his ability is Pressey - he will flat out kill Missouri at times.

The assist numbers are skewed by some insane games, (19 assists vs UCLA, 13 vs Bama and 11 vs Illinois (Mizzou was 1-2 there)), but he's turnover-prone and he's a poor shooter. He had ten turnovers yesterday.

Reaction Score
He's just limited - for all the chatter, he's not really a reliable option on offense.

A guy who gets way too much press for his ability is Pressey - he will flat out kill Missouri at times.

The assist numbers are skewed by some insane games, (19 assists vs UCLA, 13 vs Bama and 11 vs Illinois (Mizzou was 1-2 there)), but he's turnover-prone and he's a poor shooter. He had ten turnovers yesterday.
Best PG in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25