Impact transfers (spring 2019) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Impact transfers (spring 2019)

Reaction Score
Ha... Ive never had any of those. I see people talking about Mojitos.. and I looked them up... and it seemed interesting. .... maybe I'll try one out on the 11th.
Just the Cuban version of a daiquiri. Tall, less sweet, more diluted & thirst-quenching, with mint. You can't have just one.

Reaction Score
Ha... Ive never had any of those. I see people talking about Mojitos.. and I looked them up... and it seemed interesting. .... maybe I'll try one out on the 11th.

I sure hope she stays.... I wanna see her play in person down in Durham sometime in the fall of 2020.
Thought of you when I saw the announcement that Duke is coming in November. How does Duke look for the next two years? (maybe this should be on a different thread)

Reaction Score
Deja Church will be eligible to play for DePaul this upcoming season. Received a waiver from the NCAA. This is big for DePaul this upcoming season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Deja Church will be eligible to play for DePaul this upcoming season. Received a waiver from the NCAA. This is big for DePaul this upcoming season.
Does anyone know her "story" and can shed light on why the NCAA might have rule this way? @DaBball
Are we moving closed to waiver for all? Also really surprised that her request was processed this quickly.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Interesting...

Huh. Interesting. She thanks the NCAA for "hearing my story." I wonder what the story was.

This is indeed huge news for DePaul. Church could well be the best player on this team. Chante Stonewall is no slouch either, and Lexi Held could make a big sophomore leap.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Definitely upping the drama factor on the Lady Bears for next year.
Notice the mongrammed necklace :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If they keep bringing in a grad transfer to handle PG duties, are any of the players they recruited as a PG ever going to get a shot at starting?

Reaction Score
If they keep bringing in a grad transfer to handle PG duties, are any of the players they recruited as a PG ever going to get a shot at starting?
I don’t think honesty is going to be as good at point than a shooting guard! But I do think Kim is holding out for Sarah Andrews and Hailey van lith

Reaction Score
Definitely upping the drama factor on the Lady Bears for next year.

:D

I don't think Kim will put up with any of her BS so she will either get on board or its going to be a rough year for her.

Curious what this means for Honesty. I was expecting Honestly and DeCosta to play a lot more this year. No doubt Egbo and Smith will be mainstays among that sophomore class.

Reaction Score
:D

I don't think Kim will put up with any of her BS so she will either get on board or its going to be a rough year for her.

Curious what this means for Honesty. I was expecting Honestly and DeCosta to play a lot more this year. No doubt Egbo and Smith will be mainstays among that sophomore class.
Lauren cox won’t take her BS too! Lauren’s not afraid to be vocal with her teammates! Lauren is the captain and should get all the focus next year! Also, honesty and decosta will be fine! If cooper didn’t transfer, mulkey was going to insert decosta into the lineup. I’m sure she’ll get like 15-18 minutes off the bench! She’s 100 percent now and she will be tremendous for Baylor! She did good with the limited time that she had

Reaction Score
Both of them? Getting a wee bit greedy there. :cool:
Haha I hope we get both. I just don’t want to lose Sarah Andrews to Texas! Also, Baylor is not the greedy ones! Oregon seems to be stockpiling all the talent. Lol

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Haha I hope we get both. I just don’t want to lose Sarah Andrews to Texas! Also, Baylor is not the greedy ones! Oregon seems to be stockpiling all the talent. Lol

Yeah Oregon is good w/ what they've got. Oregon St. would be plenty happy to get Hailey Van Lith though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm declining to list her as an "impact" transfer, since she doesn't meet my arbitrary criteria, but Gabby Crawford (6-2 sophomore forward, #80 HG 2018) has transferred from Ole Miss to Morehead State, per Raoul.

An interesting case because she actually transferred a year ago from Alabama to Ole Miss, where she averaged 3.5 ppg and 3.7 rpg in 15.3 mpg. She did have career highs of 16 points and 9 rebounds against Tennessee :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
From Duke, to Auburn, and now ... Florida Atlantic. Surely the biggest acquisition of Jim Jabir's latest career iteration.

This a homecoming for Primm, a native of West Palm Beach.

That leaves Ahlana Smith, formerly of UCLA, as the last "impact" transfer left.

Reaction Score
From Duke, to Auburn, and now ... Florida Atlantic. Surely the biggest acquisition of Jim Jabir's latest career iteration.

Crystal Primm sounds like one of those southern sodas we hear about from @triaddukefan

Reaction Score

That leaves Ahlana Smith, formerly of UCLA, as the last "impact" transfer left.
You could also add Jordan Hosey. She didn’t play last year, but will be at New Mexico this year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You could also add Jordan Hosey. She didn’t play last year, but will be at New Mexico this year.
Wow, I figured she had quit college basketball. #16 HoopGurlz 2015 but didn't do a whole lot at Texas. Nothing was heard from her since she announced last summer she was leaving the Forty Acres.

Interesting that one of her thank yous is to Tina Thompson, her "mentor." I wonder if Thompson's departure to Virginia was a reason Hosey decided to leave as well.

New Mexico was also where Ciani Cryor of Rutgers initially announced she was heading, until she later changed her mind and went pro.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, I figured she had quit college basketball. #16 HoopGurlz 2015 but didn't do a whole lot at Texas. Nothing was heard from her since she announced she was leaving the Forty Acres.

Interesting that one of her thank yous is to Tina Thompson, her "mentor." I wonder of Thompson's departure to Virginia was a reason Hosey decided to leave as well.

New Mexico was also where Ciani Cryor of Rutgers initially announced she was heading, until she later changed her mind and went pro.

They also have a really solid freshmen class coming in, a pair of top-100 recruits, and another who was top-50 at one point.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They also have a really solid freshmen class coming in, a pair of top-100 recruits, and another who was top-50 at one point.
I momentarily forgot about Corina Carter (#64 HG), the point guard on the Texas 6A state championship team from Converse Judson HS. She's small but she's spunky and gritty.

I see their other top 100 recruit is from Anchorage, Alaska.

Reaction Score
And another name that could be worth adding is McKenzie Forbes. I think she may still be up in the air about staying at or transferring from Cal (unless I missed it, which is very possible), but she was a McDAA, top-35 prospect by ESPN and top-25 by PN, and averaged 5.3 PPG at Cal as a FR.

Does Scott-Grayson count too?

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
And another name that could be worth adding is McKenzie Forbes. I think she may still be up in the air about staying at or transferring from Cal (unless I missed it, which is very possible), but she was a McDAA, top-35 prospect by ESPN and top-25 by PN, and averaged 5.3 PPG at Cal as a FR.

Does Scott-Grayson count too?
Good catches. I've added Forbes based on her high recruit ranking (#35 HG). She didn't do a lot at Cal in her freshman year, but the talent did show.

If a player is dismissed from the team, do they still have to enter the portal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom