Ignas Brazdeikis | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ignas Brazdeikis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he's in love with playing the 3, I don't see him coming here.

If he (unlike Vance) recognizes he's too slow to play the 3, and knows to play a 3/ stretch 4 combo he could fit in here.

Really it's a win win. Get a bigger player on you so you can beat him on offense with speed, ball handling, but be able to use your weight on defense, and hide some of your slowness.

Would LOVE to have him. I'm thinking a deandre Daniels with a better game off the bounce, but without the shot blocking. I could deal with that

Reaction Score
If he's in love with playing the 3, I don't see him coming here.

If he (unlike Vance) recognizes he's too slow to play the 3, and knows to play a 3/ stretch 4 combo he could fit in here.

Really it's a win win. Get a bigger player on you so you can beat him on offense with speed, ball handling, but be able to use your weight on defense, and hide some of your slowness.

Would LOVE to have him. I'm thinking a deandre Daniels with a better game off the bounce, but without the shot blocking. I could deal with that
This is a second coming of Chris Mullin

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
His coming to UConn would be very awesome and very unlikely. He looks like he can do just about everything (that they chose to show us...no defense really, of course). He has very nice form and touch on his shots, uses his size well, can score inside with either hand, has a nice looking spin move, and has good court vision. He seems to have some toughness about him, as well.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Ever since Seton Hall had Karnisovas and then Janulis at Cuse etc....I've been waiting for us to get our first Lithuanian.
I remember Linas Kleiza visiting Storrs. But that was not going to happen.

Officially, Brazdeikis is a Lithuanian Canadian. But I'll take him. ;)
Alex, pretty sure that.
Jim Abromitas was a Lithuanian

Reaction Score
Also from the Zagsblog article, since a significant number of people on here like to give weight as to if a recruit mentions us in his quotes... and if he does, where he puts us in his list of names:

“The schools I hear the most from are schools like UConn, Florida, Michigan, Vanderbilt, Illinois, SMU and Oklahoma, probably,” he said.

-
NUMERO UNO

Our chances appear much better than "very unlikely" (as stated in a previous post) at this point.

And for anyone wondering if we are "doing enough" to make Ignas feel wanted by us? According to Ignas himself, the word is: YES.

Now, let's reel in that tuna!

Reaction Score
Ever since Seton Hall had Karnisovas and then Janulis at Cuse etc....I've been waiting for us to get our first Lithuanian.
I remember Linas Kleiza visiting Storrs. But that was not going to happen.

Officially, Brazdeikis is a Lithuanian Canadian. But I'll take him. ;)

Shheesh ... you are hard to please.

He has the LITHUANIAN part. We can give him a dozen tie-dyed and let him listen to your weekend schmaltzy home country MUZAK. He has plenty of time to get the American part (wtf ... is there against Canada - better health care?)

Reaction Score
Also from the Zagsblog article, since a significant number of people on here like to give weight as to if a recruit mentions us in his quotes... and if he does, where he puts us in his list of names:

“The schools I hear the most from are schools like UConn, Florida, Michigan, Vanderbilt, Illinois, SMU and Oklahoma, probably,” he said.

-
NUMERO UNO

Our chances appear much better than "very unlikely" (as stated in a previous post) at this point.

And for anyone wondering if we are "doing enough" to make Ignas feel wanted by us? According to Ignas himself, the word is: YES.

We need someone to compile all of the time recruits have listed the schools they are interested in, and the percentage of time the first school listed is where they end up. I'd be interested in seeing that.

Reaction Score
Alex, pretty sure that.
Jim Abromitas was a Lithuanian
Yes....he was born here. First generation..great family. I am still waiting for our first Lithuanian born sharp shooter. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-
NUMERO UNO

wait Zag hates uconn.. we must be leading with this kid then........ (sarcasm off)

Reaction Score

-
NUMERO UNO

I'm not a hater of Zags or think that he has something against us or anything, but that's just a quote from the kid.

Pretty sure people argue that when Zags writes about schools pursuing recruits, we are usually left off or towards the end even though we are heavily involved. In this situation it's Ignas listing us first not Zags. He can't change a direct quote from a kid.

Reaction Score
I'm not a hater of Zags or think that he has something against us or anything, but that's just a quote from the kid.

Pretty sure people argue that when Zags writes about schools pursuing recruits, we are usually left off or towards the end even though we are heavily involved. In this situation it's Ignas listing us first not Zags. He can't change a direct quote from a kid.

We saw this happen just this week with Sidney Wilson. UConn was left off the list. Then he stated Texas was way in front of UConn.

Reaction Score
This kid is a more versatile Giffey on offense. A really exciting player

Great CT Post article written 5 years ago about UCONN historically thriving on European/foreign recruits. They are part of our history and it makes sense to continue in that vein.

"Consider this: Since its 1999 championship season, UConn has had 12 foreign players *on scholarship, more than North Carolina (2), Duke (4), UCLA (5), Michigan State (4) and Kentucky (4) ."
* written 5 yrs ago

'Borders are down' for UConn men in pursuit of players overseas.

Reaction Score
Great CT Post article written 5 years ago about UConn historically thriving on European/foreign recruits. They are part of our history and it makes sense to continue in that vein.

"Consider this: Since its 1999 championship season, UConn has had 12 foreign players *on scholarship, more than North Carolina (2), Duke (4), UCLA (5), Michigan State (4) and Kentucky (4) ."
* written 5 yrs ago

'Borders are down' for UConn men in pursuit of players overseas.

Diversity in general makes for great teams, as long as all the guys get along.

Reaction Score
Diversity in general makes for great teams, as long as all the guys get along.

"Legal immigration has been good for UCONN" LOL!

Not to mention you pick up some hidden gems from these far off places!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom