Ignas Brazdeikis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ignas Brazdeikis

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
And you are not paying attention if you think people aren't making excuses for next year. They were making excuses months ago. Lingering injury effects...impacts from sanctions...and so on. Now we have "the change". When I see Ollie at an Iggy game, I will believe in his intent to change.

Most of us don't think there's any need to "excuse" something that hasn't happened yet and in all probability won't happen - a bad 2017-18 season. We will have 3 stars, not 1, on the court next year, that means a big improvement over last year's 16-17 record. We will have at least 9 scholarship players, not 6, and all will want to be here, not 3, that also means a big improvement.

From what I've seen, the people who think 2017-18 will be a bad year are mostly those who think that every year will be a bad year, and feel compelled to tell everyone that opinion, over and over again. They're not making "excuses" either -- they are loaded for bear and not willing to excuse anything.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Been watching a few of this kids' games. Some of the things that caught my eye were

- Really nice shot. Could tweak his off hand release a little, but it's pretty sharp.
- Not a super athlete, but not a stick in the mud like some guys last year.
- No info on defense. AAU sucks.
- He does a lot of little things that other kids haven't learned yet. The tiny things that separate good scorers from the elite. twitchy fakes on the dribble to keep defenders guessig, angle on the footwork and keeping the shoulder low driving, seeking contact etc.
- Handles the ball well for a 3/4 in transition. Not in the half court so much.

Really like this kid. Sign him up and get him to reclass KO!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Been watching a few of this kids' games. Some of the things that caught my eye were

- Really nice shot. Could tweak his off hand release a little, but it's pretty sharp.
- Not a super athlete, but not a stick in the mud like some guys last year.
- No info on defense. AAU sucks.
- He does a lot of little things that other kids haven't learned yet. The tiny things that separate good scorers from the elite. twitchy fakes on the dribble to keep defenders guessig, angle on the footwork and keeping the shoulder low driving, seeking contact etc.
- Handles the ball well for a 3/4 in transition. Not in the half court so much.

Really like this kid. Sign him up and get him to reclass KO!

Those "little things" are, to me, so important when projecting players. That's when you know a guy is an elite scorer and not just an athlete getting by or anything like that.

Good to hear, thanks for the report. I hope we get and stay on him before he blows up.

Reaction Score
Would be nice, perfect fit, especially with 2017 reclassify. Does seem like long shot though, he has about 16 offers from schools, and Uconn is pretty late to the party. Longshot better than no shot!!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Do we know if he has any interest in us? All we know right now is that KO followed him on twitter and that Chillious watched him.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I mean we offered him and he follows KO on twitter. Think there is some level of interest.
On the Boneyard that's good enough to pencil you in for 10ppg next season.

Reaction Score
Ever since Seton Hall had Karnisovas and then Janulis at Cuse etc....I've been waiting for us to get our first Lithuanian.
I remember Linas Kleiza visiting Storrs. But that was not going to happen.

Officially, Brazdeikis is a Lithuanian Canadian. But I'll take him. ;)

pj

Reaction Score
Love the footwork and passing and attack mentality. Would be a tremendous add to this UConn team!

Reaction Score

Ugh NEED/WANT. Landing just one of either Iggy, Sidney, or Tremont is all I ask and will prevent me from checking this board every day.

Want to bet it will stop you from checking? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom