If you want to get rid of Ollie | Page 9 | The Boneyard

If you want to get rid of Ollie

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
He might not be a good fit at UConn but Steve Forbes down at ETSU would be a good hire for someone. Memphis would be smart to target him if Tubby is let go/leaves, though they seemed to be enamored with Penny Hardaway.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Right down the street there is a really good coach who is interested in being here and yet half the board wants to keep the guy who finds new and improved ways to embarrass us every week. The answer is, Dan Hurley.

Reaction Score
He might not be a good fit at UConn but Steve Forbes down at ETSU would be a good hire for someone. Memphis would be smart to target him if Tubby is let go/leaves, though they seemed to be enamored with Penny Hardaway.

It’s funny. The folks coming from the Gregg Marshall tree and the Pitino tree are having lots of success elsewhere. Good call on Forbes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wasn't there a FB coach who was talked into resigning recently (maybe McElwain at Florida?). Everyone knew he was going to be fired but he resigned instead and therefore the school did not have to pay him what he was owed. Considering everything KO has said over the years I wouldn't put it past him to just resign to help the school. Or not.
BTW, I'm not saying he should be let go immediately either. Have to give him the rest of the season at a minimum.

This was actually an agent thing. It was weird. McElwain's agent, Jimmy Sexton, didn't want to fight a murky 'for cause' legal battle because he wanted to keep on good relations with Florida officials....because he represented the potential NEXT head coach of Florida Dan Mullen. Who was actually hired.

I'm not sure what went on behind the scenes, but that was a driving force. Conflict of interest to say the least.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
It’s funny. The folks coming from the Gregg Marshall tree and the Pitino tree are having lots of success elsewhere. Good call on Forbes.
Billy Donavan, Frank Vogel, Tubby Smith, Mick Cronin, Kevin Willard, Andy Enfield, Kevin Keatts, Marvin Menzies, Steve Massiello and Scott Davenport (made Bellermine a DII power, easily could be a DI coach) is a pretty nice active coaching tree. Then again he's had many that have flamed out too.

Reaction Score
View attachment 26456

You have two choices:

1. Drum up 8 figures to satisfy his contract.

2. Set him up to go for cause.

Hopefully that reality will save us the same conversation every game for the next 4 years.

(stole the contract info from Fishy’s twitter).

Ironically this contract is reason to fire everyone on the UConn side who negotiatiated it for cause.

I don't want to get rid of Ollie. Need to change recruiting philosophy to match our new mid-major status. Don't wast time on 4* and 5* players. The end up going to the P5 schools anyway. Recruit 2 and 3 star kids who will stay for 3 or 4 years. Build up depth and recruit kids that want to work and hustle. Grit Grinders.

Reaction Score
Ok humor yourself, we'll see..
If I go back and look at your old posts how many times will I see the same thing posted? You can admit it's your opinion and that you don't actually know anything about anything.

Reaction Score
Billy Donavan, Frank Vogel, Tubby Smith, Mick Cronin, Kevin Willard, Andy Enfield, Kevin Keatts, Marvin Menzies, Steve Massiello and Scott Davenport (made Bellermine a DII power, easily could be a DI coach) is a pretty nice active coaching tree. Then again he's had many that have flamed out too.

One of my friends, Justin Benedetti, played on that Bellarmine National Championship team. I forgot the coach was a Pitino guy. Seems like more have had success than flamed out. I’d love to get Kevin Keatts - dare I say that our program and tradition is stronger than NC State without get ripped to shreds out here. And while I’m not sure his success is sustainable, you forgot Rick Jr!!

Reaction Score
I don't want to get rid of Ollie. Need to change recruiting philosophy to match our new mid-major status. Don't wast time on 4* and 5* players. The end up going to the P5 schools anyway. Recruit 2 and 3 star kids who will stay for 3 or 4 years. Build up depth and recruit kids that want to work and hustle. Grit Grinders.

Congratulations, you have just transformed us into UMass.

I hope for the sake of your employer that you don't have management responsibility.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I hope for the sake of your employer that you don't have management responsibility.

Fans don't determine whether or not we become UMass.

Your "if we act entitled, the program will improve" line of thought is just on another planet.

Reaction Score
Sure, UConn has plenty of money. The issue is its currently being used to keep the athletic program floating. Kevin Ollie's buyout is the iceberg that sank the Titanic.

View attachment 26468
https://senate.uconn.edu/wp-content...Senate-UBC-Report-on-AD-Subsidy-to-Senate.pdf

"the SUBC recommends that updated strategic plans as well as a full financial report should be shared with the University Senate in October and April of each year going forward." Was the update shared in October 2017? if so, it available somewhere?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Teve Torbes

Reaction Score

Some people like to live in a dream world because they can’t face reality. You can’t live in the past. Need to change along with the times and face reality. We are not the UConn of the old Big East. Those days are behind us. We are the UConn of the American Athletic Conference. Need to adjust to the changing times.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I don't want to get rid of Ollie. Need to change recruiting philosophy to match our new mid-major status. Recruit 2 and 3 star kids
We are the UConn of the American Athletic Conference. Need to adjust to the changing times.
And embrace mediocrity? No thanks. Might as well shut the program down all together. If we don't continually try to strive for excellence and the elusive championship #5, then what's the point?!?

You play to win the game.......Hello

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom