If you need a chart to convert initials to names... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you need a chart to convert initials to names...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Including both the name and the initials the first time it is used in a post ensures that everyone knows who is referenced. That way use of the initials later in the post is not a source of confusion. This convention is often used in journalism and legal briefs.
I agree. I did not know you meant it that way. I had to do that when I did audit reports.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score

GA = Geno Auriemma
PB = Paige Bueckers aka Buckets
AC = Autumn Chaisson
CD = Chris Dailey, could be Caroline Doty or Crystal Dangerfield who is also Crystal Dangerfield
AE = Aaliyah Edwards
PG = Piath Gabriel
AG = Aubrey Griffen
JJ = Jamelle Elliott
AM= Anna Makurat
MM = Mir McLean
NM = Nika Muhl
ONO = Olivia Nelson-Ododa, aka Liv
EW or E = Evina Westbrook
CW = Christyn Williams aka Squeaks

Those of you who insist on using initials in every post when referring to players - please have mercy on us, the age group that needs 5 minutes to remember where our car keys are.

Here is a link to some abbreviations (GOAT, ROFL, IMO, and so on) you may see on the board:
Why are Jamelle's initials JJ?

Reaction Score

GA = Geno Auriemma
AC = Autumn Chaisson
CD = Chris Dailey, could be Caroline Doty or Crystal Dangerfield who is also Crystal Dangerfield
AE = Aaliyah Edwards
PG = Piath Gabriel
AG = Aubrey Griffen
JJ = Jamelle Elliott
AM= Anna Makurat
MM = Mir McLean
NM = Nika Muhl

Those of you who insist on using initials in every post when referring to players - please have mercy on us, the age group that needs 5 minutes to remember where our car keys are.

Here is a link to some abbreviations (GOAT, ROFL, IMO, and so on) you may see on the board:
Thanks for the list, Nan, but I was wondering why Shea is not included.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the list, Nan, but I was wondering why Shea is not included.
I’m thinking she’s she’s never saw her called anything but she’s here on the boneyard

Reaction Score
Just wait til next year when we are on Caroline Ducharme. ;)
OK, I get most initials, But who are Caroline Doty, 2, 3, 3. I assume Caroline Doty is Chris Daily, but who knows...

Reaction Score
OMG, just type the name! A little respect for the bearer of the name. If your time is spent on a site like this I doubt that you are so pressed for time that you can't spare a few seconds to spell out our players names. Yes, I know all the players names and can figure out all the abbreviations but why should I have to. Seeing the names spelled out is easier for the reader, more respectful of the player and just proper usage of our written language. OR, you can continue this until the majority is sick of it and nothing will change. Perhaps to put a point on it we could just say to give proper RESPECT to the players who we claim to support for their efforts, we will use their full names in all public writing.

Reaction Score
OMG, just type the name! A little respect for the bearer of the name. If your time is spent on a site like this I doubt that you are so pressed for time that you can't spare a few seconds to spell out our players names. Yes, I know all the players names and can figure out all the abbreviations but why should I have to. Seeing the names spelled out is easier for the reader, more respectful of the player and just proper usage of our written language. OR, you can continue this until the majority is sick of it and nothing will change. Perhaps to put a point on it we could just say to give proper RESPECT to the players who we claim to support for their efforts, we will use their full names in all public writing.

Wait, who is OMG? :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
People who are online a lot or who text a lot will use shortcuts. I don’t believe it’s disrespect, it’s to cut down on keystrokes.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Wait, who is OMG? :)
Guess it's ok to disrespect God, but don't you dare disrespect UCONN WBB players. :rolleyes:;)

Reaction Score
Guess it's ok to disrespect God, but don't you dare disrespect UCONN WBB players. :rolleyes:;)
No it is not. Knew when I hit send it was wrong. Also knew someone would point it out. So yep, not perfect but still stand by the original thought. Please believe I am not looking for some deep boneyard fight. I just think saving a few keystrokes when typing a players name is a little silly.

Reaction Score
Good point, I’ve edited my OP (original post)
GA often refers to Jamelle as J as well.

I apologize but didn't think this would be a problem but I can see now that it can be. I'm so used to using initials that sometimes I can't remember their full names. :(

Reaction Score
No it is not. Knew when I hit send it was wrong. Also knew someone would point it out. So yep, not perfect but still stand by the original thought. Please believe I am not looking for some deep boneyard fight. I just think saving a few keystrokes when typing a players name is a little silly
There is no disrespect. Actually it can be interpreted and usually is interpreted as endearment to use nicknames and shortcuts as Geno himself does:

GA himself uses shortcuts like 'J', 'CD', 'E', 'D' or is he being rude as well?

I appreciate you are not trying to pick a fight but you are calling some shots here at people and it sounds a bit aggressive to me.

For the record: Like Geno and 99% of society, I mean no disrespect if I use nicknames or shortcuts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan, If this is really a big issue for people, perhaps the easiest fix is to just drop the initials into the site filter and have it show up as the players name info. Tom has done this in the past on the men’s side. The problem is that it produces unforeseen results such as someone talking about the designated hitter rule and it shows up as Dan Hurley rule. With this particular version of the Huskies the obviously problematic one would be Anna.
Sometimes unforeseen is cool. Ever pick up dinner and get home and find out you got the wrong order? Then eat it and realize that was really good?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sometimes unforeseen is cool. Ever pick up dinner and get home and find out you got the wrong order? Then eat it and realize that was really good?
Yep

Reaction Score
Thank you for the chart

GA = Geno Auriemma
AC = Autumn Chaisson
AE = Aaliyah Edwards
PG = Piath Gabriel
AG = Aubrey Griffin
JJ = Jamelle Elliott
AM= Anna Makurat
MM = Mir McLean
NM = Nika Muhl

Thank you for the chart. It brings up one of my pet peaves..... laziness. People can't take the time to type Nika versus NM? MM instead of Maya? ONO instead of Olivia Nelson-Ododa... well that one is okay. Don't get me started on grocery store self check outs asking what language I would like to use. Okay, I'm done. Thanks for letting me vent.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

If you need a chart to convert initials to names,, you probably have other problems. Two things to remember: it's 6 of one, or 12:54, also I want you to remember these 5 words.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom