If you need a chart to convert initials to names... | The Boneyard

If you need a chart to convert initials to names...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

GA = Geno Auriemma
PB = Paige Bueckers aka Buckets
AC = Autumn Chaisson
CD = Chris Dailey, could be Caroline Doty or Crystal Dangerfield who is also Crystal Dangerfield
AE = Aaliyah Edwards
PG = Piath Gabriel
AG = Aubrey Griffin
JJ = Jamelle Elliott
AM= Anna Makurat
MM = Mir McLean
NM = Nika Muhl
ONO = Olivia Nelson-Ododa, aka Liv
EW or E = Evina Westbrook
CW = Christyn Williams aka Squeaks or CWill

Next year’s freshmen:
AD = Amari DeBerry
= Azzi Fudd
CD or Caroline Ducharme = Caroline Ducharme
SP = Saylor Poffenbarger* eligible to play 2020-2021 beginning Feb

Class of 2022:
IB or Ice = Isuneh Brady

Those of you who insist on using initials in every post when referring to players - please have mercy on us, the age group that needs 5 minutes to remember where our car keys are.

Here is a link to some abbreviations (GOAT, ROFL, IMO, and so on) you may see on the board:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aahhhh . . . I am pretty sure that it is not possible to cover all the variations and nicknames that people are already making up.

Reaction Score

PB = Paige Bueckers
AC = Autumn Chaisson
AE = Aaliyah Edwards
PG = Piath Gabriel
AG = Aubrey Griffen
AM= Anna Makurat
MM = Mir McLean
NM = Nika Muhl
ONO = Olivia Nelson-Ododa
EW = Evina Westbrook
CW = Christyn Williams

Those of you who insist on using initials in every post when referring to players - please have mercy on us, the age group that needs 5 minutes to remember where our car keys are.
Thank you HuskyNan! You just added time back to my life.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Aahhhh . . . I am pretty sure that it is not possible to cover all the variations and nicknames that people are already making up.
I’m not aware of anyone using initials for nicknames

Reaction Score
One thought is after the first use of initials to include the actual name in parentheses. That way there’s no confusion. But I won’t hold my breath.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I’m not aware of anyone using initials for nicknames
Generally, I think you're correct. That said, Evina is frequently called by her first initial, E, which serves as a nickname. Geno calls her that in some of his interviews.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
One though is after the first use of initials to include the actual name in parentheses. That way there’s no confusion. But I won’t hold my breath.
I think that if the name has to be included, the initials should not be used. Why use anything that your audience may not understand?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Generally, I think you're correct. That said, Evina is frequently called by her first initial, E, which serves as a nickname. Geno calls her that in some of his interviews.
Good point, I’ve edited my OP (original post)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe a pulldown menu of abbreviations or emoticons for each player. :p

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
how about simply NOT using initials that aren't firmly established (for example, DT)?

it would be mighty nice for BYers to have some compassion for fellow BYers. i'm genuine and sincere. PLEASE. is it that difficult to type a few more letters for clarity, because it makes it much easier for some of us to read your posts. it really does.

i'd welcome this. thanks.

Reaction Score
how about simply NOT using initials that aren't firmly established (for example, DT)?

it would be mighty nice for BYers to have some compassion for fellow BYers. i'm genuine and sincere. PLEASE. is it that difficult to type a few more letters for clarity, because it makes it much easier for some of us to read your posts. it really does.

i'd welcome this. thanks.

Is it just me that sees the irony?? ;)

Reaction Score
Do you think the folks that can't remember the initials are the same ones without a sarcasm meter?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan, If this is really a big issue for people, perhaps the easiest fix is to just drop the initials into the site filter and have it show up as the players name info. Tom has done this in the past on the men’s side. The problem is that it produces unforeseen results such as someone talking about the designated hitter rule and it shows up as Dan Hurley rule. With this particular version of the Huskies the obviously problematic one would be Anna.

Reaction Score
I think that if the name has to be included, the initials should not be used. Why use anything that your audience may not understand?

Including both the name and the initials the first time it is used in a post ensures that everyone knows who is referenced. That way use of the initials later in the post is not a source of confusion. This convention is often used in journalism and legal briefs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom