OT: - If you lived on campus, where did you live? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: If you lived on campus, where did you live?

Reaction Score
Do you know anything about lambda lambda lambda? I read a weird post about them on /r/UConn and it seemed kind of wild lol. I don't think I ever heard of them while I was at school

So I was fully ready to buy into your inside joke (or mock you if you didn't get the joke that people were pulling on you) and talk about how the Tri Lambs should just stick to partying with Omega Moo rather than going after the Pie girls. But then I saw that this is a real thing, created at UConn and based on Revenge of the Nerds! OK. Whatever works.

Reaction Score
I go to UConn am in a frat, and still have never heard of them. I saw that reddit post and thought it was a joke at first. I think they either just colonized or are some culture frat. Sig Chi just got back on campus, good frat, however SAE lost the dime this summer so they are looking toward a steep decline. Ive never heard of goat boat or corner house, maybe they also got renamed?
Their website says they've been around for over 10 years and I literally never heard a mention of them. They have a Wikipedia page and everything.

The only fake frat I knew about was Chi Chi. Do they still do their beer crawl?

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Paul Catanese it is. My wife and I still have the Bedlam Hall book that compiled many of the strips from the Daily Campus. Great stuff.

Yes. You made me go back and look at everything I posted here before admitting this is me. Thanks, it's cool that so many people have held on to that book.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of the "big" frats from when I was at school are still around. Delta Chi, Sigma Chi, Zeta Psi, SAE, whoever had boat house/goat house/corner house; pretty sure it's almost all new frats for the most part.

Do you know anything about lambda lambda lambda? I read a weird post about them on /r/UConn and it seemed kind of wild lol. I don't think I ever heard of them while I was at school

Delta Chi had a dumpster fire of a house at farmer browns, right across the street from huskies when I was there. I believe huskies moved, farmer browns was sold to UConn and I wouldn’t be surprised if that house is now demolished.

Reaction Score
Delta Chi had a dumpster fire of a house at farmer browns, right across the street from huskies when I was there. I believe huskies moved, farmer browns was sold to UConn and I wouldn’t be surprised if that house is now demolished.
IIRC That house got condemned in like 2010 or 2011

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yes. You made me go back and look at everything I posted here before admitting this is me. Thanks, it's cool that so many people have held on to that book.
I remember meeting you several times at the CDC on Dog Lane.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I remember meeting you several times at the CDC on Dog Lane.
Well hello again. Did you work there? I'd usually finish the cartoon for the next day at night and ride my bike through the dark to drop it off. Rarely worked more than a day ahead.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well hello again. Did you work there? I'd usually finish the cartoon for the next day at night and ride my bike through the dark to drop it off. Rarely worked more than a day ahead.
Yep, one of your dorm buddies may have been another editor, heavy blonde guy, kind of a Chris Farley type. I was in the back corner upstairs, sometimes with a six pack in the desk drawer on Thursday nights.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is that what finally did it in? I also heard that they had a sewage leak during a party and everyone got covered in sewage waste
Was everyone too impaired to get out of the way? How does that even happen?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mud pit walking paths were a big part of UConn life during the late 1970's into the mid 1980's. I remember the old "Bedlam Hall" comic strip from the Daily Campus where someone pick up a a hat from the path, and found one of his student friends underneath in the mud. Definitely captured the aura of UConn at the time.
Hahaha I remember that comic!

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Yep, one of your dorm buddies may have been another editor, heavy blonde guy, kind of a Chris Farley type. I was in the back corner upstairs, sometimes with a six pack in the desk drawer on Thursday nights.
With the initials JB? He suggested I draw something for the paper... no Bedlam Hall without JB.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
90-91: Morgan in Towers
91-92: Crawford D in South (RIP)
92-93 and 93-94: Hartford in the Jungle
94-95: Brock in Alumni

Breaks in the Sigma Chi house on Whitney Rd (RIP) and X lot (RIP)

Reaction Score
Their website says they've been around for over 10 years and I literally never heard a mention of them. They have a Wikipedia page and everything.

The only fake frat I knew about was Chi Chi. Do they still do their beer crawl?
ya crawl and stumble

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Mud pit walking paths were a big part of UConn life during the late 1970's into the mid 1980's. I remember the old "Bedlam Hall" comic strip from the Daily Campus where someone pick up a a hat from the path, and found one of his student friends underneath in the mud. Definitely captured the aura of UConn at the time.
Resized_20190726_112547.jpeg

Reaction Score
Early ‘80’s:
Sherman House - 2 years (was all male then, we were consistently on some kind of probation that eventually led to the school changing the dorm to co-ed)
Keller House - 3 years

Reaction Score
I feel like these house names must be changed every few years because I’ve never heard of most of them. I do remember a red house but for all I know it could have been a different house painted red.

I worked with a guy right after I graduated in '91 and we talked one day for a couple hours about our experiences in "RedHouse", "White House", "Stone House", etc. When he mentioned "Pink House" I got confused. Turns out he thought I was talking about Central and I thought he was talking about UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom