OT: - If you lived on campus, where did you live? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: If you lived on campus, where did you live?

Reaction Score
Same one as far as the squatting goes

Edit: I clearly don't know how to Boneyard. I am replying to the question of how many girlfriends.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, I graduated in 2013 and Northwest was Northwest and North was still called “The Jungle” but in an almost ironic way (?)

From '03 to '10, I never heard Northwest referred to as The Frats. During that same time, it seemed everyone knew that North was once called the Jungle, but I never heard it actually referred to as such, except by alumni.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Wheeler C, Carriage House, Maplewood ( and one summer in the little house next to Huskies)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"Frats." Not, "The Frats."

The question is why? Apparently it went dry and Freshman-Only at some point after I graduated.

What were the consequences of bringing booze through the front door? No tolerance? One and Done? Were their dogs at the gates or something?

Beyond all that, it just doesn't make sense that a complex going by a certain nickname for so long and then all of a sudden, That nickname it becomes Voldemort. It's like Brent Mussburger saying, "We're coming to you liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, from Michigan Stadium..." after decades of calling it The Big House.

Reaction Score
Can't speak to the why, but unfortunately I can tell you about consequences (in 2004 at least) of getting caught with booze. They slap you on the wrist the first time, and after that the punishment can be up to and including removal from housing.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I was at Uconn from 05-09 and never heard Northwest called anything other than Northwest or Freshman dorms. All the frat houses at that point were up by Towers.

You got in no more trouble getting caught with booze in Northwest as anywhere else. First time alcohol and drug class, 2nd offense I think they just took away housing options for you.

Reaction Score
2016-17 Shippee 2nd floor
2017-18 Busby 3rd floor
2018-19 Mansfield Apartments
2019-2020 Celeron

Reaction Score
there are at least two red houses. I also saw a single house change names 4 times so they definitely do vary. The only ones I know that have had their names for a long time are the Dime, Puke House and Mushroom House

when i was there, there was red house was between Huskies and Teds, that a Jewish frat stayed at , i DJed a party there one night.. but i want to say there was another house that was referred to as red house. rugby house was next to farmer browns lot, but was torn down sometime in 00-01. I remember there was a blue house on the corner of hunting lodge and birch rd, that got raided because of monthly packages from Amsterdam.. Also there was a brick house on hunting lodge

Reaction Score
when i was there, there was red house was between Huskies and Teds, that a Jewish frat stayed at , i DJed a party there one night.. but i want to say there was another house that was referred to as red house. rugby house was next to farmer browns lot, but was torn down sometime in 00-01. I remember there was a blue house on the corner of hunting lodge and birch rd, that got raided because of monthly packages from Amsterdam.. Also there was a brick house on hunting lodge
brick house was still a thing when I was there 2010-2014 but I think they stopped throwing parties

Red House when I was there was like two little houses(I think?) just past hunting lodge on the right.

Reaction Score
I was at Uconn from 05-09 and never heard Northwest called anything other than Northwest or Freshman dorms. All the frat houses at that point were up by Towers.

You got in no more trouble getting caught with booze in Northwest as anywhere else. First time alcohol and drug class, 2nd offense I think they just took away housing options for you.
That’s funny because I never heard Frats or The Jungle referred to as Northwest or North. It was always Frats and The Jungle. I also remember Kegs on the grad field during homecoming at Memorial Stadium. Those places don’t exist anymore, because I’m old!

Reaction Score
Yes. You made me go back and look at everything I posted here before admitting this is me. Thanks, it's cool that so many people have held on to that book.

Easy decision to hold onto the book. The strip was easily the funniest comic that the Daily Campus put out during our time there, and the strip captured the feel of UConn during that time period quite well. It helps us remember what campus life was like. Besides, I'm a bit of a classic film buff, so I can't forget the business about playing quarters with death. As for my wife, after the mud pit comic, her favorite was the ducks flying south for the winter to the other side of Mirror Lake.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I definitely remember hearing brick house. I also remember cops leading groups of people from campus to Hunting Lodge. I bet that it’s tougher to cross than the Mexican border these days.

Reaction Score
Starting in 1975
Jungle 1.5 years
Batterson .5 years
Willington Oaks 1 year
Lastly Ashford Park Apartments

Reaction Score
West was the only place I lived on campus. I loved that dump. Lived in Troy then Alsop, lucked out both times and did not have a roommate.

When were you there? Really loved it there the first two years. Everything started to change when South opened and they shut down the little dining hall.

Reaction Score
"Frats." Not, "The Frats."

The question is why? Apparently it went dry and Freshman-Only at some point after I graduated.

What were the consequences of bringing booze through the front door? No tolerance? One and Done? Were their dogs at the gates or something?

Beyond all that, it just doesn't make sense that a complex going by a certain nickname for so long and then all of a sudden, That nickname it becomes Voldemort. It's like Brent Mussburger saying, "We're coming to you liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, from Michigan Stadium..." after decades of calling it The Big House.
I cannot count how many people failed or dropped out of UConn after living at Frats when I was there.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
After reading thru this thread, it seems I’m one of the few who got exiled to Siberia in Sprague.

Spent a lot of time at Cedar Ridge. No clue what became of it, but it was a great time back in 04-06ish range.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
When were you there? Really loved it there the first two years. Everything started to change when South opened and they shut down the little dining hall.

I was in Troy for the Spring 05 semester then Alsop Fall 05-Spring 06.

I especially liked the split male/female halls. It seemed like most dorms, other than the suites, were alternating male/female floors.

Reaction Score
I was in Troy for the Spring 05 semester then Alsop Fall 05-Spring 06.

I especially liked the split male/female halls. It seemed like most dorms, other than the suites, were alternating male/female floors.
every time I lived at UConn, the floors were both male and female. I think there might have been some dorms left that were still split because of the bathrooms though. I.e. Floor 2 would only have womens restrooms, so the floor was all women. Floor 3 would only have mens restrooms so it was only men.

Reaction Score
Fall 1994 to Spring 1995: Hicks 302
Fall 1995 to Fall 1996: Hicks 102
Spring 1997: Sprague 110
Fall 1997 to Spring 1998: Sprague 250 (was told this was Donny Marshall's room a few years prior. Voskuhl lived across the hall. He would park his big Ford Bronco behind Sprague and I swear it took up two spaces)

An earlier post mentioned some of the frats that are no longer. I recall Zeta Psi's enormous party at its house during spring weekend 1995 that resulted in it getting shut down (or banned for a year, can't remember). Also, being in the marching band for all four years, we would have weekly parties prior to football games and in the fall of '95 or '96 we had it in the Triangle House for some reason. I recall being in the basement and seeing the floors above us shaking with so many people.

Reaction Score
96-98 Avery Point
98-99 Frats / Northwest - Wright 401B
99-01 Whitney (East)

Made lifelong friends the first year on campus in Wright. After that year, the dorm was being converted to a cafeteria or something so we had to move. Four of were accepted in to the brand new South Suites, the rest (me included) were offered singles in Whitney so we could stay together.

Whitney dining hall was convenient (I lived on the floor above it), but to me the food was average at best. Sounds like it improved after I left.

Reaction Score
Also, being in the marching band for all four years, we would have weekly parties prior to football games and in the fall of '95 or '96 we had it in the Triangle House for some reason. I recall being in the basement and seeing the floors above us shaking with so many people.

That was fall of 95. Don’t ask how I remember.

Reaction Score
2000-2001: Northwest, Russell (newly renovated!)
2001-2004: South A
2004-2005: Walden Apartments

It's probably worth mentioning here that National Champions Emeka Okafor and Justin Baisch (large walk-on) were my floormates in 2003-2004. I can't say that I interacted with either a ton, or that they were around a lot, but they both seemed like good enough guys. Emeka lived in a single and mainly kept to himself.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Fall 1994 to Spring 1995: Hicks 302
Fall 1995 to Fall 1996: Hicks 102
Spring 1997: Sprague 110
Fall 1997 to Spring 1998: Sprague 250 (was told this was Donny Marshall's room a few years prior. Voskuhl lived across the hall. He would park his big Ford Bronco behind Sprague and I swear it took up two spaces)

An earlier post mentioned some of the frats that are no longer. I recall Zeta Psi's enormous party at its house during spring weekend 1995 that resulted in it getting shut down (or banned for a year, can't remember). Also, being in the marching band for all four years, we would have weekly parties prior to football games and in the fall of '95 or '96 we had it in the Triangle House for some reason. I recall being in the basement and seeing the floors above us shaking with so many people.
One of my favorite college memories is a bunch of heavy metal kids breaking down a wall in the basement of Willi Oaks to come mosh as my friend’s band played Rage Against the Machine, “Bulls on Parade.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom