If you could pick one past UConn player…who would you add to this team? | The Boneyard

If you could pick one past UConn player…who would you add to this team?

Reaction Score
Might be a fun discussion before the season begins. If you could pick 1 player in UConn history to add to this team, who are you taking?

I’m going with Ben Gordon. His 3pt shooting, ball handling, and clutch in every huge spot.

Rashad Anderson would be my 2nd choice…most lethal 3pt shooter in UConn history. Maybe the only person who could take a huge shot and you knew it was 100% going in

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ahem.

rawImage.jpg

Reaction Score
this question just made me realize how much better the 2011 team was than this one, and it wasn't even ranked in the preseason. two imminent nba draft picks in kemba and lamb, another pro in giffey. a former all american recruit in alex O. this year's team has a quantity of good players but not the quality.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
this question just made me realize how much better the 2011 team was than this one, and it wasn't even ranked in the preseason. two imminent nba draft picks in kemba and lamb, another pro in giffey. a former all american recruit in alex O. this year's team has a quantity of good players but not the quality.
And Bazz was a first round NBA draft pick.

Reaction Score
And Bazz was a first round NBA draft pick.
yeah but that was 4 years away so i only mentioned the imminent ones. i think/hope hawkins will contribute more as a frosh than bazz did.

Reaction Score
I know he's from another time zone and so am I, but Spider Hesford for is tenacity and guts. You just don't see too many like him nowadays.

Reaction Score
yeah but that was 4 years away so i only mentioned the imminent ones. i think/hope hawkins will contribute more as a frosh than bazz did.
Yet you mentioned Giffey

Reaction Score
But no one knew Lamb was going to be a lotto pick and that Kemba would turn into one of the greatest college players in the history of the sport. If you told people that on November 9th, 2010…they would think you had lost your mind

Reaction Score
Christian Vital. Former player who is the best fit is 100% Ray Allen. I still wish we got to see CV in the Big Dance. Plus He'd be a great fit culture wise on this team too. Other players that come to mind recently are Jalen Adams, wish he got to see success here and 2014-15 Ryan Boatright.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Christian Vital. Former player who is the best fit is 100% Ray Allen. I still wish we got to see CV in the Big Dance. Plus He'd be a great fit culture wise on this team too.
March 2020 Vital was something to behold. I'll always wonder what that team would have done in the post-season.

His senior night was the last indoor spectator event I attended. He had the look of a man who would not be denied...except for a pandemic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom