If you could go back in time would you want UCONN to sue BC and the ACC? | The Boneyard

If you could go back in time would you want UCONN to sue BC and the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think it probably felt great at the time for UCONN fans but was it worth it?
Sue BC all day long, but not have Blumenthal giving one of his assclown press conferences.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I think it probably felt great at the time for UCONN fans but was it worth it?

I have a picture,
pinned to my wall.
An image of you and of me and we're laughing and loving it all.
Look at our life now, tattered and torn.
We fuss and we fight and delight in the tears that we cry until dawn

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't think UConn had much choice at the time. The state had just spent maybe $100 million on upgrading the football program predicated on an invitation to join the Big East in football, which consequently blew up. Why is the ACC suing Maryland? Why did Baylor threaten to sue Texas A&M and the SEC when it looked like the Big 12 conference was blowing up?

The divorce was ugly for both sides. UConn didn't make any friends from the lawsuit and BC's president, a priest no less, was exposed as a liar during discovery.

Reaction Score
Nope. Not at all. But we had a glory hound for an AG, now our Senator, who saw a huge PR opportunity. It's crazy. UConn wasn't the only school that signed the suit but is the only one that felt the fallout. Thanks to Hanoi Dick Blumenthal

Reaction Score
I thought the school's did the right thing at the time and we live with it but of course armed with history you do whats in your best interest's? I respect UConn for not taking it laying down but I won't mention my feelings for the senator! Funny the ACC/BC acts like UConn did it alone?Who else is feeling the repercussions?

Reaction Score
I didn't like the suit then...and still think it was a bad idea. The one thing I would change though is this...if Pitt was the leader of the band...it should have been filed in PA. Blumenthal and to a small part Calhoun did UCONN ZERO favors.

Reaction Score
I didn't like the suit then...and still think it was a bad idea. The one thing I would change though is this...if Pitt was the leader of the band...it should have been filed in PA. Blumenthal and to a small part Calhoun did UCONN ZERO favors.

I know for a fact that BC was incredibly po'ed at the fact that UCONN spearheaded or at least was viewed as spearheading the lawsuit. The Calhoun quotes only made it that much worse.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
In hindsight, no. Not only did it fail, but the perception of the suit was damaging to us.

Here's the problem with the suit - because of the idiot Blumenthal, the lawsuit was stamped as "UConn vs the ACC and BC". In reality, we were one of 5 equal participants. Ironically, two of those schools are now ACC members. If we were a little more forward thinking, we would have forced the Big East to author the suit.

upload_2013-12-9_12-59-34.png

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Take your political opinions to the Cesspool.

If UConn had not sued the ACC and BCU, the Big East would have lost its BCS bid. It is that simple. So if you are happy that UConn got to spend a few years in a major conference, then you should approve of the lawsuit. If you wish that UConn was in a league with Tulane 10 years ago, then you should be against the lawsuit.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Any time you allow a business partners to screw you out of $100M+ to spare his feelings by not suing them, you have to do it, right?

Can the Jr. High, mean girls, she likes the same boy as you, BS. They would have.made up some other reason, if the suit never happened.

If anything there should have been more lawsuits, UConn is out at minimum $12M/yr just in TV money, we should own the Univ of Pittsburgh though lien. Let's find out what ESPN said to whom and when. I bet that gets us into the ACC faster than any other thing you could dream up.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, I was never in favor of the suit to begin with, so.....

If you had to do it all over again would you still choose to be a ?
Post of the day. lol

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Well, I was never in favor of the suit to begin with, so.....

If you had to do it all over again would you still choose to be a ?

If you spend too much time trying to get people to like you, you will find that not many people like you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you spend too much time trying to get people to like you, you will find that not many people like you.

When were you trying?

Here's the thing - somehow UConn "owns" the lawsuit that four other schools were parties in. Pitt's prez was certainly the most vocal outside of our non-combatant yet militaristic attorney general.

I think a more pressing issue for Boston College was UConn's location and a general fear of being further eclipsed.

Reaction Score
Take your political opinions to the Cesspool.

If UConn had not sued the ACC and BCU, the Big East would have lost its BCS bid. It is that simple. So if you are happy that UConn got to spend a few years in a major conference, then you should approve of the lawsuit. If you wish that UConn was in a league with Tulane 10 years ago, then you should be against the lawsuit.
Tulane is in a bowl, we aren't.

Reaction Score
I wasn't in favor to start with. The suit was baseless and got laughed out of court.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have always disliked Blumenthal but that goes back to having to sit through his long-winded campaign speech that he gave at my high school graduation years ago. So, this lawsuit is just another feather in the dislike cap.

I still think BC would politick quite hard against UCONN's acceptance, lawsuit or not. BC is an irrelevant private school with limited fanbase and market share. They can't compete with UCONN's fanbase, market share, and public backing. They were also-rans in basketball and home of Gampel North while in the Big East. The writing was on the wall that the same exact script would be followed in football. It already started taking shape pre-Pasqualoni but the PP era gave BC some time to, once again, try to take advantage of conference superiority. Let's see if they can before UCONN gains acceptance to a Power 5.

Reaction Score
When were you trying?

Here's the thing - somehow UConn "owns" the lawsuit that four other schools were parties in. Pitt's prez was certainly the most vocal outside of our non-combatant yet militaristic attorney general.

I think a more pressing issue for Boston College was UConn's location and a general fear of being further eclipsed.
This.

The lawsuit is just a convenient excuse for BC being scared s**tless of playing in the same conference as UConn.

Reaction Score
When were you trying?

THIS. UConn "owns" the lawsuit because it was in BC's interest that UConn be viewed as owning the lawsuit. Not because any of the ACC universities doesn't know damn well by whom they were sued.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wasn't in favor to start with. The suit was baseless and got laughed out of court.
Mmmn, not so much. As I recall UConn got about a million dollars deposited to it's account at the same time the suit was dropped. Now a million maybe giggle worthy money to you, but to me it is noteworthy.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The lawsuit was stupid from the beginning and was made worse by Blumenthal who never meet a camera he didn't want to talk into about himself

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
UConn's expenses to upgrade were seen as the easiest way to demonstrate potential damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom