If UConn really gets 20 million or more | Page 6 | The Boneyard

If UConn really gets 20 million or more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a Catholic.
Is this like the moment where Darth Vader tells Luke he's his father?

Anyway, FriarJ tell us about your thoughts on the job Aresco will have done if he helps our Huskies get 20+mil out of this deal. Let's get this discussion back on track. If we can land 20-25 mil I'd be pumped. What would a Friar fan think of that estimate? Is it too much to give up from a C-7 standpoint?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

PC didn't invent the Big East, Dave Gavitt did. He was a visionary and he knew coaching at PC was a dead end gig and was looking for a job with a future. He quit PC the second he could. And if he loved Dee so much, why didn't PC ever play UConn in the regular season? Because Gavitt knew UConn was a sleeping giant and didn't want to give UConn a chance to gain some traction. And when the Big East came around, UConn was the best team in New England with a roster packed with young talent. They were added because they were the logical choice, a team on the come with a strong fan base, not as a favor to a bud.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
see folks this is everything i mentioned. prov fans gearing up for there 2nd super bowl of the year(uconn game 2) so the hanndful of them who think its funny come here all week to troll the yard. every sarcastic thing they say or argument they start ends with uconn having mor ebanners, fan or uconn something becuase they sadly are providence fans. o in order to make things fun i gave this guy a out mid argument by making a priest joke to see if he jumps on it. not only did he jump it, he raped the out of it and went full wierdo. he went so far that the vatican is going to have to redo its internal investigation becuase they have never seen those websites before and now think new england may have more issues then first orginally thought. the pope will prob have a heart attack. the new one that is. so we will be on pop 3 by the time the bball season is over. is that a record for 1 year? i asume so. one thing is for sure, haircut boy wont be setting any records like the church will be this year...

Reaction Score

It was the Catholic Church that was under scrutiny for molesting children, covering it up for years, and allowing these same perpetrators to freely move to other parishes where the same crimes could be committed. after all this, Cardinal Law the man most closely associated with the cover-up was 'conveniently' given a position in the Vatican where he still lives to this day despite having resigned years ago. Futhermore, I don't think he's answered any questions or been forced to tell what he knew. Providence College still proudly supports that same organization and its relationship with the Catholic Church.

The fact that you looked up random crimes in CT perpetrated by private citizens as if this suggested some semblance of parallism with PC; that Uconn is some way associated with these crimes is immature, irrational, and just dumb.

Maybe you should take your motivation and help clean the Catholic Church of these predators so that these crimes against innocent children under the veiled protection of the Catholic Church itself won't continue.

"Turning a blind eye shall be considered a crime as heinous as the original crime itself..."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im still laughing after typing that

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Guilty? No. Still supporting an institution which has yet to deal with or fully face justice for the horrible crimes committed by high ranking members? Absolutely.

What this has to do with conference realignment, I have no idea.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

on your way out please leave the little kids alone

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

I don't agree with the Catholic scandal, which has nothing to do with our sports allegiances, being a part of this discussion. That being said, don't let the door hit you on the way out. You sometimes make relevant points, FriarJ, but my overall impression is that you get pissed when we, as UConn fans, won't validate your moribund hoops program.

Reaction Score
if after reading my post, thats what you take away, thats somewhat sad. explains the lack of logic or comprehension in your previous posts, but sad for the victims of these crimes perpetrated in the name of the catholic churc andstill to this day covered up by the same institution.
maybe you should just focus on my last sentence...

U

UConn9604

Did someone cross up the HTML links for the Cesspool and the Conference Realignment Board?

Reaction Score
Be thankful you live in Connecticut instead of Rhode Island, where PC was able, using their Alumni in the State General Assembly and Gavitt influence, to force thru the State of RI buying the Prov Civic Center from the almost bankrupt City of Providence, and float bonds that will ultimately cost the taxpayers over $250 million , with the main purpose of have PC basketball have a nicer place to play in.
Tim Welsh the old PC coach said he would leave PC if the Dunk was not fixed up. Even though the Prov Bruins did not want the Prov Civic Center ( known as the Dunk) fixed over, Providence College only gets charged about $200,000 a year, in a facility that cost the state over $10 million a year, and the Dunk is all fixed out in PC colors and PC basketball murals. In the meantime, the Providence Journal never will write any article about this expense, and the average person in RI think the Prov Civic Center is owned and paid for by Dunkin Donuts. I said , be thankful you live in CT , a state that supports its public colleges and Universities.

Reaction Score

And yet, not so bad that you think participating in this board is a waste of your time. Interesting logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom