If UConn really gets 20 million or more | Page 4 | The Boneyard

If UConn really gets 20 million or more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Providence is like BC Ultra Light. It is the epitome of "who gives a duck?".

Ban this turkey.........

Reaction Score
A Boneyard post from back on 5/11/98

Calhoun is the most selfish coach in college basketball. First off, he cheets in getting recruits. Second, he presured RIP in coming back so he could of finally a real chance at getting a shot at the final four. The hole country knows that UCONN is a joke in college basketball. They have top 5 talent every year, but still loose to inferior competition, can you say choke? Just look at ALL the NBA players who came from UCONN (all were paid btw), yet NO final fours, hahaha, you guys are pathetic. RIP is good, but he's not going to lead you to the Championship, maybe the weak @ big east, but surely not the NATIONAL. RIP should of gone to the NBA and be a bust instead of coming back for yet ANOTHER final 8 lost. UCONN will NEVER get there, just deal with it!! El-Amin is a joke too, that fat slob is a waist of a scholorship, and he'll end up having kids left and right. Once again, Calhoun should be ashamed of himself in risking a player's future. I like Calhoun as a PERSON, but as a coach and recruiter, he just doesn't have it.

Boy, things haven't changed over the years with all the Providence trolls, have they?

Reaction Score
No offense but what exactly are you contributing to or board? You think Providence is great, we think your empty trophy case says otherwise. You laugh at our current predicament, we know, long term we will be fine. What else needs to be said?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Good God, enough with the PC clowns - now you are throwing UConn fans off a UConn board? Get the history straight - the C7 have contributed nothing to the Big East name in about 15 years, and for Providence the record is even worse. You have 1 Big East title EVER, we have 6. You have been in the NCAA tournament twice since 1999 while we have won 3 National Championships. You have been past the NCAA first round 1 time in the last 26 years! The last time you even won 20 games, which we are going to do on a widely down year in terms of talent (but not heart) was 10 years ago.

The history shows you have never been in our league, and now after undermining the league at ever turn for years it is finally official.

So my question is, did my post sufficiently add to the conversation that you will grant me the privilege of staying?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

here is what everything comes down to. we can have prov vs uconn arguments for ever if we want. uconn fans will point to banners and trophys and nba players and prov fans will point to a very respectable history 20 years ago and a new future with the BE and the CWO....

but here is where things get messy. uconn fans know that even with everything going on, we can still put 2+2+2 together and see where the end is. prov fans on the other hand can only do 2+2. see this is going to blow your mind. the future is teams breaking away from the ncaa or atleast creating a new higher d1 then the current 1. what thats going to result in is a money change. its not going to be the "pay players" bs line u hear all the time. whats going to happen is the worth of a scholarship is going to change and its going to become ever across the board. so what your going to have is a player can get a sship and its worth lets say 50k. if uconn gets a in state kid then its really only 25k so how does that work? how it works is the ncaa(or w/e govern body) will place values on education, meal plans, casual $ etc. they are simply going to alot so much money to certain things. a players "walk around" $ will go up a lot. the players "bookstore and goods" moeny will go up a lot. now at vandy the education may cost 40k there vs 25k at uconn. well then going to vandy becomes a bit more special of a thing for athletes and a bit less cash in pocket. its a life choice. but it also places value now on if u go to stanford or miss st. thats the end game 10-20 years down the road.

we all hope but can't say for sure if uconn makes a power conf. but even if we dont we will be in a best of the rest conf that will be playing and paying like the big boys. see the dream is to join them. always will be so u follow them. that goes for all schools fball wise who have major goals. here is what u providence fans miss. u can not and will not leave the ncaa/current d1 becuase all u have is bballa nd other sports and need that govern body to exist. so in the future u will not be paying 15 bball players a year like the new higher d1 schools can. the result will be what? prospects are going to go to the big boys 100 out of 100 times becuase on top of exposure is worth. the best players will follow the best coaches who will folloow the $.

but u providence fans dont get it still. u all think uconn made a fball team for fun just to play around for a couple years. u dont understand the split coming and how a lot of small bball schools are going to get left behind. so please, keep yucking it up. u and your fanbase is taking a small win(is it even a win? more like just a move...) that u have lacked for the last 15 years and trying to pump chest meanwhile u are all extremely blind to what the future holds.

Reaction Score
I think everyone can safely agree that Providence College is not great at anything....I'm glad you have finally seen the light.

Reaction Score

Hey, Skippy - I've been "adding" to these UCONN boards for the better part of a decade. You are nothing more than the latest troll to become an annoyance. I'll be on this board long after your ass is banned.

Reaction Score

Excuse me for asking this, but the question begs to be asked -

Are you an idiot?

Reaction Score
I guess I'm supposed to reply since Friar J has presented evidence of PC's greatness....um, ok PC is not horrible.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have placed a order for a top 50 captial master card union directors cup standings finish wiht the # 2012-13 on it. congrats friar faithful. if u order some tshirt let cuse know, they get good deals on tshirts. so good that any time there teams have winning records they put #1 on them and wear them around like they won something. hey who knew, both of u are private schools. guess u have something in common. hehe xoxo

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Sure, the Big East helped elevate UConn's profile initially.

The rest is Jim Calhoun. Period.

To say UConn owes anything more than a fraction of its success to the 1985 Final 4 and Georgetown wins from damn near 30 years ago is laughable.

Of all programs to come here and spout off, we have a Providence fan telling us who we should owe our success to? Unbelievable.

Providence is one of the worst programs in America.

PC has been afforded every luxury of a Big East association and has accomplished next to nothing in their Big East history.

So keep telling yourself UConn will fall off and PC is on the rise. We've been hearing it the past 20 years and it still hasn't happened.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on the Boneyard. Strawman after strawman.

After the mid 80s, Georgetown went to ONE Final 8 in 18 years. The league's rep would have been in absolute tatters were it not for UConn, and the truth is, it was in tatters. It was known as UConn, basically. You're singing the praise of a very brief span in the league. I do acknowledge that it had a huge rep in that span. BUT, when it did nothing for the next two decades outside of UConn, it lost that rep. We were all here. We saw it. BE was an afterthought to the SEC and ACC and B10 and B12. The BE would have been a blip in college basketball history.

Are you being serious by aggregating number of games won? I can't figure out if you're being serious.

Your post says absolutely nothing about National Championships. I'm going to state this but you may disagree: Championships are important.

Here are the seasons for the league. Looks to me like Georgetown was pretty good in 86, 89, 92, 96, 97. There was a guy named Alonzo Mourning. Anyone remember him? Yes, the Esherick years were lean for them. The Big East was never in tatters, that's ridiculous. The lowest win percentage the league ever had was .565, and that was 91-92, when 5 out of 10 schools went to the NCAAs, and three finished ranked. In the next season 92-93, we sent only 3 teams out of 10, which is among the worst results, along with 02-03, when 4 out of 14 went.

UConn does have half of the Big East's 6 NCs, but only 4 out of 18 final four appearances. The aggregated games won are important, because it's a measure of contribution of NCAA credits to the league. Heres the total appearances and records. I agreed we are the top team in league history, and this shows that. But we are 4th in the league in number of seasons in which we made it to the NCAAs. The key to UConn has always been how well we played when we get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom