If S. Carolina plays like they did against UTenn... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If S. Carolina plays like they did against UTenn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not interested in the "generational" debate - FWIW, WAY too early and I agree with the folks who have said she has LONG way to go before she's even close to being considered that good. What she is, is a very good freshman post player.

SC took it to Tennessee in the first half, more specifically the 1st quarter. Tenn played them close the rest of the way losing each quarter by 3, 5 and 1. UCONN was down at the half, and blew Tennessee out in the 2nd half.

IF SC had played the entire game like the 1st quarter, they'd have won by 40. IF UCONN played Tenn the first half the way we played the 2nd half, we'd have won by 40.

Point is 2 fairly close MOV's. The game vs. SC is AT SC. I think it's a very close game. I think UCONN wins by 4-5 points. But we will see soon enough...

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
You guys could let it go too. Because it makes no sense.

Heck if there is no criteria, then I'm a generational player.
Exactly.....so you do get it. I never said she was a generational player....but if someone thinks she is...then she is.....It's subjective. Now a consensus generation player she may not be yet. That's a whole different thing.

Reaction Score
She may become a generational player for South Carolina....

In the same way that some think that Deion was the best of his generation that played at FSU.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Exactly.....so you do get it. I never said she was a generational player....but if someone thinks she is...then she is.....It's subjective. Now a consensus generation player she may not be yet. That's a whole different thing.
pzv5j7l.jpg

If someone thinks you're a potato, then you are??

Reaction Score
…...or if South Carolina plays like they did the first half against Tennessee....this is really a silly way to decide a game that will be played on a basketball court. The two different games with the same opponent, tells you nothing...I mean nothing about their eventual match up. I see advantage South Carolina at home....that could spell the difference...or maybe not. Now..play ball !!!!
What I said had zero to do about Tennessee! It had to do how hard Uconn finally played in a game this year! I don't judge games like you suggest! So know you really don't know what I meant! Last time Uconn played South Carolina on their home court. The Huskies were up 28 at the half and their coach called her first timeout with about a minute left in the first half! Asia Wilson was on that team! So much for home court! Uconn repeated the thumping in the Elite 8 with another 30 pt. lead and Dawn didn't call timeout until right before the half again!

Reaction Score
Not interested in the "generational" debate - FWIW, WAY too early and I agree with the folks who have said she has LONG way to go before she's even close to being considered that good. What she is, is a very good freshman post player.

SC took it to Tennessee in the first half, more specifically the 1st quarter. Tenn played them close the rest of the way losing each quarter by 3, 5 and 1. UCONN was down at the half, and blew Tennessee out in the 2nd half.

IF SC had played the entire game like the 1st quarter, they'd have won by 40. IF UCONN played Tenn the first half the way we played the 2nd half, we'd have won by 40.

Point is 2 fairly close MOV's. The game vs. SC is AT SC. I think it's a very close game. I think UCONN wins by 4-5 points. But we will see soon enough...
SC is a streaky team. They also are a team that knows how to turn the switch on when they need to.

Reaction Score
As a Gamecock fan here. This stuff about Boston being a "generational talent" saying it over and over and over again, please stop. It's not doing Aliyah any favors having that kind of hype and pressure on her as a freshman. Also, it's annoying. I know the one saying this is probably a close friend or at least a huge fan from high school so I get it, but saying it about 15 times is enough I think.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Personally, I am not sold on the x's - o's part of Dawn's coaching unlike Graves who I think is a very good tactician . SC is just so talented now it might not matter but I do think coaching tactics may help us with SC and not with OU

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As a Gamecock fan here. This stuff about Boston being a "generational talent" saying it over and over and over again, please stop. It's not doing Aliyah any favors having that kind of hype and pressure on her as a freshman. Also, it's annoying. I know the one saying this is probably a close friend or at least a huge fan from high school so I get it, but saying it about 15 times is enough I think.

Probably no coincidence that the poster's name is BostonBay :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Im being objective here. I just think South Carolina is a beatable team. Could they win a national title? Yeah...but theyre not the dominant team of past national title winners. Of course overall youre wiping through the entire SEC not named MSU but that one narrow escape against Vic in my honest opinion means something to me.

You forgot to mention SC beat Baylor on a neutral court, and tbh, MSU will give anyone a good game....including UCONN. Now, if you want to talk about a team “wiping” through their conference....what is it, 120 plus in a row? Geese Louise.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She may become a generational player for South Carolina....

In the same way that some think that Deion was the best of his generation that played at FSU.
Wait. Isn't Deion considered by many, not only to be the greatest DB of all time, but one of the greatest athletes of all time? Surely you're not saying Boston comes near that level.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
You forgot to mention SC beat Baylor on a neutral court, and tbh, MSU will give anyone a good game....including UCONN. Now, if you want to talk about a team “wiping” through their conference....what is it, 120 plus in a row? Geese Louise.

I think South Carolina had some troubling items in that game. Mainly they couldn't do anything about MSU's one-on-one players making moves and cuts for layup baskets. Continuously let that happen. Our Centers got 6 points together and were vastly outplayed by Boston yet the game was tied in the last seconds. Mingo-Young, Matharu, Danberry, and Jackson were taking turns on them.

Im just saying South Carolina is beatable. Not that theyre not elite or that theyre not easily better than at the very least, the bottom 12 of the SEC...which accounts for 85% of the conference.

Im just arguing UConn can easily win against them. UConn is a top 10 team. Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tennessee are not.

Reaction Score
Wait. Isn't Deion considered by many, not only to be the greatest DB of all time, but one of the greatest athletes of all time? Surely you're not saying Boston comes near that level.

Surely you can read...

I said that she may be for SC Women's basketball what some may think that Deion was while playing at FSU...the best of his generation to play at FSU.

Deion became known as great in the NFL...but at FSU, Terrell Buckley, who replaced Deion, holds the record for the most interceptions and most interceptions for a season and his interception yards returned is still the NCAA record. Some others argue that Derrick Brooks, two time National Defensive Player of the Year was the one.

Yeah...Deion is a big name nationally...and an exceptional athlete...but at FSU he has competition in his generation.

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina had some troubling items in that game. Mainly they couldn't do anything about MSU's one-on-one players making moves and cuts for layup baskets. Continuously let that happen. Our Centers got 6 points together and were vastly outplayed by Boston yet the game was tied in the last seconds. Mingo-Young, Matharu, Danberry, and Jackson were taking turns on them.

Im just saying South Carolina is beatable. Not that theyre not elite or that theyre not easily better than at the very least, the bottom 12 of the SEC...which accounts for 85% of the conference.

Im just arguing UConn can easily win against them. UConn is a top 10 team. Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tennessee are not.

No worries, ya'll be fine. They'll show themselves as very beatable like when Mississippi State brought them down to earth.
Are you an Indiana fan? That was the only team that beat us so they "brought us down to earth". Every team in the country is beatable.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
pzv5j7l.jpg

If someone thinks you're a potato, then you are??
That is exactly how this works........so again...you are wrong because even your statement is subjective. There are no real absolutes in anything regarding this.....opinions can not be wrong. You can disagree but that does not make you right...sorry you are not versed in the way things really work.

Reaction Score
You are correct.. but there can be many "generational" players....just so you know .
I beg to differ. If there are “many”, then they are not really “generational” but simply good players. I’m not saying she isn’t, just that the jury is still out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I beg to differ. If there are “many”, then they are not really “generational” but simply good players. I’m not saying she isn’t, just that the jury is still out.

We're in Lake Wobegon, where all the children are above average.

Reaction Score
From 2014 through 2018 regular seasons OOC games the Huskies lost only 1 regular season game and that was to Stanford in overtime with a 56-1 OOC record! With 3 National Championships! What WCBB Div. 1 Conference has the most NCs since 2014? What conference won the WCBB & MCBB NCs in their conferences 1st year of existence? Where is the College Basketball Capital of the United States? I don't even have to give the answer!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I guess discussion is over and we’re just bickering now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads