If S. Carolina plays like they did against UTenn... | The Boneyard

If S. Carolina plays like they did against UTenn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We should win the game.

Boring offense...round and round the horn
Their celebrated big didn't do much...and she may be injured.
Outside shooting up and down.
The pass up a lot of shots that UConn would take, both in the lane
and outside.

Not impressive.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
So Carolina's defense is almost as good as Baylor's. I think the difference is Baylor plays a more physical defense and use more contact then So Carolina.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Did not know Boston went down with an injury. Hope it is not serious. I for one would like us to play SC at full strength so we have an honest assessment of where we are. Liv needs as many tough games as possible to get her motivated to improve.

Reaction Score
Boston has played a lot and has been a big part of the SC offense and defense. Like most freshmen she has never played this long a season. (And for what it's worth, UConn has watched her play a lot and is well aware of any flaws and tendencies.
But I think SC will not have a better chance to beat UConn better than this year.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Did not know Boston went down with an injury. Hope it is not serious. I for one would like us to play SC at full strength so we have an honest assessment of where we are. Liv needs as many tough games as possible to get her motivated to improve.
Liv better be ready if Boston is available. Boston and Tamari Key went AT IT several times in the USC/UT game. Very physical both ways.

Reaction Score
Boston is a generational talent. Would be a huge loss for SC if she is out for a long stretch. She was back on the bench for the 4th quarter with her knee wrapped in ice. So, probably not too serious.

Reaction Score
Boston is a generational talent. Would be a huge loss for SC if she is out for a long stretch. She was back on the bench for the 4th quarter with her knee wrapped in ice. So, probably not too serious.

I didnt see the play. But I have seen three knee injuries this year where the player quickly returned to the bench with ice on the knee, even though it turned out they had torn ACL’s. In fact I have seen torn ACL’s where the player never left the bench at all, including one my daughter suffered.

hopefully Boston’s injury is not serious.

Reaction Score
We should win the game.

and outside.

Not impressive.

?? SC dominated this game from the opening tip. If I remember correctly, we were trailing Tenn at halftime at home & looked bad doing it. SC's size, physical depth, defense and athleticism will be hard to match for 40 minutes.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
?? SC dominated this game from the opening tip. If I remember correctly, we were trailing Tenn at halftime at home & looked bad doing it. SC's size, physical depth, defense and athleticism will be hard to match for 40 minutes.
Indeed. But let's not forget, UConn missed more open shots than at any point in the season against UT. To me that was CW's 2nd worse offensive performance on the year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1580682998506.jpeg

Reaction Score
If South Carolina wins a NC while she plays...

Boston will have...

....a college National Championship
....the 2019 FIBA U19 World Cup Gold Medal
....the 2018 FIBA U 17 World Cup Gold Medal
....the 2017 U16 America's Cup Gold Medal

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
No worries, ya'll be fine. They'll show themselves as very beatable like when Mississippi State brought them down to earth.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
You keep using that phrase "generational talent." If Boston was playing for North Carolina that would not raise an eyebrow, as it has been awhile since North Carolina has had a great big. But she plays for South Carolina, which means Boston will have to prove herself better than Wilson to literally be considered a "generational" talent, if that word is to have any meaning. But wait a second, you did not limit it to any particular team, which would mean Boston will have to prove herself better than Stewart to literally be considered a "generational" talent, if that word is to have any meaning. But hold on there, you did not qualify the statement by position, which means Boston's freshman season will need to be better than Ionescu's freshman year, just three short years ago, to literally be considered a "generational" talent, if that word is to have any meaning.

This is a growing cultural phenomenon, to be so loose with the meaning of words that they become meaningless. Unless, of course, you believe Boston is a better talent than Wilson, Stewart or Ionescu and we would have to go back to Parker or Moore as comparable talents to Boston, in which case you should present your reasons why you believe that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't believe UConn will beat SC at their place, not the UConn team we have been watching lately. Which team will show up?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Boston will have...

Ever see Breanna Stewart’s resume? These go with 4 consecutive National Championships. (Psssst, she’s a real generational player)

E1E684C5-460A-4EF1-ACEF-9022EC4E54D7.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Boston will have...

I guess it was a good thing Boston had Paige alongside her for ALL of those gold medals.

Reaction Score
I didnt see the play. But I have seen three knee injuries this year where the player quickly returned to the bench with ice on the knee, even though it turned out they had torn ACL’s. In fact I have seen torn ACL’s where the player never left the bench at all, including one my daughter suffered.

hopefully Boston’s injury is not serious.
Hope your daughter is okay! Boston had nothing on her knee when she came back including the big knee brace she usually wears.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We should win the game.

and outside.

Not impressive.

We can only hope. A victory over SC (even an ugly one) would be a huge morale and confidence booster for the team. The big 3 are going to have to play their best game of the season with a little help from their friends. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom