If Edsall gets fired, who's on short list of potential HC? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

If Edsall gets fired, who's on short list of potential HC?

Reaction Score
If you can recruit for the University at Buffalo ... you can recruit the northeast & know JuCo, Midwest, Florida/Georgia etc. That is our profile too.

Reaction Score
A guy with CT HS coaching? Kill is not healthy. And Weist ... I watched those same games. Sorry. I’m absolutely unimpressed. With those 3.

Again. We can pay $1.0-1.5m (we paid Diaco more). We should NOT gamble on a OC again. No more Assistants (includes Weist). I don’t care how good.

Our move needs to be success at the level below us at HC. I’d look CAA. (Like East Carolina did). But why not Buffalo’s Leipold or Eastern Michigan’s Creighton. Both won big at DII. Then BUILT a Program from trouble at FCS. At a MACschool! We can pay double. We are a Far Better Brand. #3? I checked the CAA & all the HC I’d look at are 57-63. So I’ll go Maine HC Joe Harasymiak. Not Minnesota. But a HC success.

There’s realism.

Edsall? Look. He is building recruiting class after recruiting class. Better players that Pasqualoni or Diaco ...and lots. It will be good to follow him - THIS TIME
Disagree on Edsall, I'll bet Benedict wishes he could have fired him right after the press conference yesterday. I do agree that Leipold and Creighton might be viable options.

Reaction Score
If you can recruit for the University at Buffalo ... you can recruit the northeast & know JuCo, Midwest, Florida/Georgia etc. That is our profile too.
Ok agreed. What's your take on Hyrasmiak? I hear you on Addazio but he did take alot of big time recruits out of Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Ok agreed. What's your take on Hyrasmiak?

When Maine came into play UConn at Rentschler, their Defense LOOKED like a solid FBS experienced D ... on the first game of that season. That is good coaching ... and he was brand new HC using the previous guy's structure. I was impressed.

Then. They had a very solid year last year in the CAA and playoffs. That is impressive. Maine is a very tough place to Coach; and most every program in that conference has a better paradigm.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Speculation is fun but it is reality

Randy Edsall isn't going anywhere so suck it up buttercups

Reaction Score
Speculation is fun but it is reality

Randy Edsall isn't going anywhere so suck it up buttercups
The administration and athletic department better realize that they have to fire him. If they don't, they won't have a team worth didly squat. If Edsall is still the coach after the holidays, many of the younger talented players might transfer. Would you want to play for a guy who constantly bashes you after every loss, and doesn't have the guts to take any responsibility? He has friends in the NFL so I'm sure he has a plane on standby like he did after the Fiesta Bowl. Lol

Reaction Score
When Maine came into play UConn at Rentschler, their Defense LOOKED like a solid FBS experienced D ... on the first game of that season. That is good coaching ... and he was brand new HC using the previous guy's structure. I was impressed.

Then. They had a very solid year last year in the CAA and playoffs. That is impressive. Maine is a very tough place to Coach; and most every program in that conference has a better paradigm.
Was their defense good or was our offense THAT bad? Pretty sure it was the latter

Reaction Score
I'm not getting the Steve Addazio hate here. He's an In State Guy who has a lot of Ct HS Coach contacts, if it wasn't for Urban Meyer's flakiness, Addazio would have been Head Coach at Florida

Reaction Score
I'm not getting the Steve Addazio hate here. He's an In State Guy who has a lot of Ct HS Coach contacts, if it wasn't for Urban Meyer's flakiness, Addazio would have been Head Coach at Florida
Neither am I, he is a CT guy and his Cheshire teams set the state record of 49 consecutive wins back in the mid 90's. He has struggled at BC but finally put together a decent ACC team last year with CT recruits AJ Dillon, Zach Allen, and a couple other great players from other states. He is a great recruiter despite BC's high admission standards, and he was right in the middle of those great Florida teams ten years ago. Wasn't he the OC?

Reaction Score
Neither am I, he is a CT guy and his Cheshire teams set the state record of 49 consecutive wins back in the mid 90's. He has struggled at BC but finally put together a decent ACC team last year with CT recruits AJ Dillon, Zach Allen, and a couple other great players from other states. He is a great recruiter despite BC's high admission standards, and he was right in the middle of those great Florida teams ten years ago. Wasn't he the OC?

When addazio took over at oc the offense went downhill

Reaction Score
When addazio took over at oc the offense went downhill
Are you saying it was his fault, or was it because of injuries, graduated seniors, UM calling plays, etc? I mean not arguing here just looking for info if you have it.

Reaction Score
Addazio and Edsall are very similarly minded coaches. Both are old school, establish the run first guys. I'll stick with Randy for now, and yes, the recruiting has picked up since he arrived back. Not a good time to make a coaching change right now, but next year he'll have to show some real results.

Reaction Score
Addazio and Edsall are very similarly minded coaches. Both are old school, establish the run first guys. I'll stick with Randy for now, and yes, the recruiting has picked up since he arrived back. Not a good time to make a coaching change right now, but next year he'll have to show some real results.
Addazio is a much better recruiter than Edsall ever was, either at UConn or Maryland. The joke for years about Edsall's recruiting talents is "would you buy a used car from this man"?

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Addazio is a much better recruiter than Edsall ever was, either at UConn or Maryland. The joke for years about Edsall's recruiting talents is "would you buy a used car from this man"?
I get that we need to win games, and this is Randy’s watch. But, I have to disagree on the compare to Addazio. UConn had like the 6th most players in the NFL at one time. He must have been a good recruiter at one time, just recruited kids that needed to be developed. Or, he has an eye that other coaches or rating agencies don’t. I would love to see the count of players that each coach sent to the league. Thank god that he wooed Aaron Hernandez to UF.

Reaction Score
I would want an offensive-minded HC. We haven’t had one since we went D1.
If I could have given you five "likes" I would have. Joe Moorhead was an offensive minded coach, which is probably the reason he left UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom