Ice Brady Talks Her Recruitment | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ice Brady Talks Her Recruitment

Reaction Score
I’m assuming next years starters are Paige, azzi, Caroline, Aaliyah, and dorka with nika first off the bench as a spark. If Dorka leaves I think nika moves in for her and he goes small to begin with Caroline at the 4 and Aaliyah at the 5, but I believe Dorka will be back, she stated as much…so I’ll believe her till I hear otherwise!

PvP

Reaction Score
Azzi, Paige, Kiki, Aaliyah, Dorka
There isn't a Huskie returning player or incoming recruit named Kiki. Kiki Rice would have been nice but she is headed for UCLA (and even if she was an incoming, she wouldn't start over Caroline!)

Reaction Score
Azzi, Paige, Kiki, Aaliyah, Dorka
I see Caroline Ducharme in the starting rotation. Three pointers falling
by multiple players: the left, from the right, from the top of the key, ... together with
Caroline's defense, passing, and drives to the basket. Q.E.D., Zarathustra

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m assuming next years starters are Paige, azzi, Caroline, Aaliyah, and dorka with nika first off the bench as a spark. If Dorka leaves I think nika moves in for her and he goes small to begin with Caroline at the 4 and Aaliyah at the 5, but I believe Dorka will be back, she stated as much…so I’ll believe her till I hear otherwise!
One the most hotly debated topics EVERY summer here in the yard is WHO IS GOING TO START this coming season. We do it every year. I didn't think Paige would start .....until I saw her play that first exhibition game, then I was convinced, she's a starter. I seriously doubt either of the two incoming freshmen will start, but should BOTH see plenty of floor time.

I believe next year's starters are already here. I think there's a good chance Geno picks up another player from the portal that will come off the bench. I think that either Dorka or Amari will start at the 5. Azzi and Paige are locks. How can you not start Caroline who is a 20 ppg player? Aaliyah has been a starter from to time this season and last. I'm guessing SHE starts.

Geno needs someone that has the will and ability to get tough rebounds on BOTH ends of the court. Your starting 5 must be a compilation of players that can (as a group) do all of the things you want done on the court. You don't need 3-4 players that all do the same thing. What if none of them are good rebounders? What if none of them aren't good passers? You need a blend of players with the skills that together can do all of the things you want/need done.

Aneesah Morrow of DePaul is a "prolific" rebounder. She goes after rebounds her teammates won't. That's why she got 27 rebounds in game recently. I SMH at the thought of how dynamic she would be if she were 6-5, instead of 6-1. :eek: Will other players talk smack to her? Possibly. But most other players are also not putting up 20.8 points and 12.8 rebounds per game in their freshman season, and most freshmen aren’t setting their conference record for most rebounds in a game — which Morrow did on Sunday at Seton Hall, grabbing 27 boards. Some players don't get that many rebounds in a month. :confused:

I believe Morrow currently has a streak of 20 double-doubles going. And she's only a freshman. She has a history of knee problems. If they hold up, I can't imaging what she's going to be like as a junior and senior. I believe that Aaliyah can be a "consistent" double-double player for Geno these next two years. Aaliyah Edwards is 6-3, Aneesah is 6-1. If Annesah can do it, so can Aaliyah. THAT'S my opinion and I'm sticking to it. ;)

BIG EAST Freshman of the Week
Aneesah Morrow, DePaul, Fr., F
Morrow claims her BIG EAST-record 11th top rookie honor after finishing second in the BIG EAST in scoring last week while leading the league in rebounding. She averaged 24.0 points and 17.0 rebounds in a road swing at No. 8 UConn and Georgetown. Against the Huskies on Friday, she totaled 20 points and 16 rebounds to go along with two blocks. In Sunday’s double-overtime victory over the Hoyas, Morrow went for 28 points and 18 rebounds along with four steals and four assists. She shot .450 on the week and was a perfect 9-for-9 from the charity stripe. The previous conference record of 10 BIG EAST Freshman of the Week honors was held by Villanova’s Maddy Siegrist (2019-20), Georgetown’s Natalie Butler (2013-14) and Connecticut’s Maya Moore (2007-08).

A Naismith Trophy Midseason Team
Connecticut’s Christyn Williams and DePaul’s Aneesah Morrow were part of the 30-member Naismith Trophy Midseason Team announced on Tuesday. This season, Williams is averaging 14.6 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. She is shooting 45.5 percent from the field and 32.3 from three-point range. Williams has scored in double-digits in 14 of 16 games she's played in this season. The rookie Morrow leads the BIG EAST in scoring (20.6) and rebounding (13.4), with her rebounding clip also No. 1 nationally. She has the most double-doubles in Division I at 20, and is a 10-time BIG EAST Freshman of the Week. The 30-member Midseason Team will be trimmed to 15 on Feb. 16 when the Late-Season Team in unveiled.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not really. That post was from a long time ago I was projecting the UCONN starting lineup for the 22-23 season. It was before Kiki committed to UCLA. I picked Paige, Dorka, AE, Azzi, Kiki.
didnt even look at the date. that was quite a bump

PvP

Reaction Score
Not really. That post was from a long time ago I was projecting the UCONN starting lineup for the 22-23 season. It was before Kiki committed to UCLA. I picked Paige, Dorka, AE, Azzi, Kiki.
I think we were all "confused" as to why you would predict a starting lineup THIS WEEK for next year which included someone we all knew wasn't going to be in Storrs next year. If that makes sense to you, I believe it is escaping the rest of us!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
so there is another Kiki Rice, besides the one that committed to UCLA?

I think we were all "confused" as to why you would predict a starting lineup THIS WEEK for next year which included someone we all knew wasn't going to be in Storrs next year. If that makes sense to you, I believe it is escaping the rest of us!
That prediction is not from this week it is from a long time ago BEFORE Kiki committed to UCLA. I don't know why it popped up again this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom