Ice Brady out for the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ice Brady out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Really? Ask the football board. There are 12 players out with injuries, almost all sustained in non-game situations
Most definitely some bad luck for the UConn football team and for the UConn women. Let's look at the WBB team:

Paige: torn acl. Unfortunately, this happens too often in women's basketball. Before Paige who was the last UConnWBB player to tear her acl? I can't even remember.

Azzi: foot injury that existed before her arrival at UConn. Azzi tore her acl while in high school.

Ducharme: hip injury which existed before her arrival at UConn

Dorka: fell awkwardly and landed on her wrist. Could proper training prevent that from happening?

Aubrey: back disc surgery. Does anyone know enough about Aubrey's anatomy to say that could have been prevented? I know people who've had back surgery and didn't even play sports.

Ice: dislocated patella. Last WBB player I recall this happening to was Chelsea Gray at Duke. She then fractured the same patella the following season. Several NBA players have had this injury over the years. Happened to NFL Quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

Who else am I missing? Christyn tore her acl during training camp with the Mystics. Are we to blame that on UConn's training too?

UConnWBB had a really good stretch of being injury free while other teams had the injury bug.

Reaction Score
Any info on how this happened- I mean, was it a collision between two players? Did it just give out when running? I don’t have a pressing need to know but am curious

Reaction Score
It is fathomable when you have players going all out, all the time. Obviously no one wants to see players getting hurt. But it has also been said that Geno's practices are at a different level than other schools. It is easier to stay healthy if you are not diving onto the floor for a loose ball, or not mixing it up underneath the basket. Without comparing the activity being done, you can't compare the injury counts.
Paige said Geno has lightened up on practices and stated her therapy is tougher.

Reaction Score
Most definitely some bad luck for the UConn football team and for the UConn women. Let's look at the WBB team:

Paige: torn acl. Unfortunately, this happens too often in women's basketball. Before Paige who was the last UConnWBB player to tear her acl? I can't even remember.

Azzi: foot injury that existed before her arrival at UConn. Azzi tore her acl while in high school.

Ducharme: hip injury which existed before her arrival at UConn

Dorka: fell awkwardly and landed on her wrist. Could proper training prevent that from happening?

Aubrey: back disc surgery. Does anyone know enough about Aubrey's anatomy to say that could have been prevented? I know people who've had back surgery and didn't even play sports.

Ice: dislocated patella. Last WBB player I recall this happening to was Chelsea Gray at Duke. She then fractured the same patella the following season. Several NBA players have had this injury over the years. Happened to NFL Quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

Who else am I missing? Christyn tore her acl during training camp with the Mystics. Are we to blame that on UConn's training too?

UConnWBB had a really good stretch of being injury free while other teams had the injury bug.

What did this surgery entail? Anyone know? Why out for an entire season? Just asking.

Reaction Score
Coincidencecausality

If that is not immediately obvious, here's an example that may help illustrate it:

Maine has, I'm told, the oldest population of all the states.
Lincoln County has the oldest population in Maine.

Lincoln County also has an unusually large number of Subaru Forresters, mostly dull silver.

So there is a coincidence of loads of folks in my age cohort—not exactly spring chickens—and loads of Subarus painted the same color. You can assume either (1) getting old requires that people buy silver Subarus, or (2) owning a Silver Subaru causes people to age or (3) having a silver Subaru extends life expectancy.

All three assumptions are hogwash. There is a strong association or coincidence, but zero causality.
I was going to reply to the KK139 post you did but why bother, you absolutely nailed it!!

Reaction Score
I detect a lot of frustration and disappointment coming through. It does make you wonder and your mind drifts. Keep the faith. This too shall pass.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What did this surgery entail? Anyone know? Why out for an entire season? Just asking.
The press release said surgery "to repair damage suffered during the dislocation." Some ligament damage as well? Not sure.

Reaction Score
Coincidencecausality

If that is not immediately obvious, here's an example that may help illustrate it:

Maine has, I'm told, the oldest population of all the states.
Lincoln County has the oldest population in Maine.

Lincoln County also has an unusually large number of Subaru Forresters, mostly dull silver.

So there is a coincidence of loads of folks in my age cohort—not exactly spring chickens—and loads of Subarus painted the same color. You can assume either (1) getting old requires that people buy silver Subarus, or (2) owning a Silver Subaru causes people to age or (3) having a silver Subaru extends life expectancy.

All three assumptions are hogwash. There is a strong association or coincidence, but zero causality.
Hence why I stated this can no longer be swept under the rug as a coincidence! There is a clear causality.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
There is a clear causality.
Assertion fact

Repeated Assertion fact

Let's beat a dead horse, shall we?

For hundreds of years, centuries even, and for a very long time,
nearly everyone thought the Earth was flat. They also bought into the quaint notion that the Earth was the center of the universe. Those who disagreed were made to suffer. The authorities (names of professors, social institutions, etc. withheld to protect the guilty) repeated these things over and over again, with great conviction. Were they right?

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
All I know is, Amari better come through, as she is the same type of player Ice is. I am really worried now since we haven't heard anything about her from Geno. If she steps up, we still have a chance to be really good. I am actually confused about this lack of info about her, and I pray that she is still with the program. I
wish Ice a speedy, but complete recovery. She can assist Coach P. on the bench this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Outside some of the hot takes on the injury situations. I wish Ice a speedy recovery. Injuries can happen to any team and program. I know my team has had many years where they dealt with the injury bug and other years where we’ve been fortunate to keep everyone mostly healthy

Reaction Score

Well, this stinks.
Yeah, without assigning blame or finger pointing ( I’m sure Geno & UCONN Athletic Dept will do that if necessary)
I’m just going to wish Ice a full recovery.
I was looking forward to watching her play, but I’ll just have to wait till next season.
Fortunately, her injury should not prevent her from attending classes an persuing her education.
Which, in case we forget,is the purpose of going to college.
I am getting weary & frustrated regarding these serious injuries to our Huskies, though.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Was it Brianna Banks in 2013? Before that it was Doty x2, Kalana Greene and Mel Thomas. Who am I missing since 2013?

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me some other women's college division one basketball program that has had such a relentless onslaught of injuries over the last several years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom