Ice Brady makes the USA BB U18 Team [Merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ice Brady makes the USA BB U18 Team [Merged thread]

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Ashlyn is clearly not a post player but in order to win some games in high school she was used to post up players for her turn around jumper in the paint. She's a more athletic Grace Berger maybe ( Indiana ). To me, her game is modeled a little similar to Grace Berger's game. She has a fairly unique skill set for a guard. Different strengths and weaknesses maybe. That can come in real handy in breaking a zone defense for example. It's interesting but Ice's game might be good at that as well. Knocking down a jumper from the foul line. If you were coaching this team, would that skill not be a useful player option?
If her game is similar to Berger's, I'll love watching her. Indiana was my favorite non-UConn team to watch the last couple of years. Grace Berger and Mackenzie Holmes are just so much fun to watch.

Reaction Score
As @UConnCat has already pointed out you are much more likely to be bored than thrilled. This is FIBA Americas not a world championship & USA might win every game by 40-60 points. BTW although UCONN is not among the schools you listed Chris Dailey has been following Del Rosario since she was a Freshman at Trenton Catholic circa 2020.
Thanks for the update of the history of Ms. Del Rosario! I used to live in Mercer County, N.J. and
Trenton Catholic was in that County. The state capital, Trenton, of course! FIBA games are fun , no matter
what the score is (IMO). I like the flow of the action and seeing the " future stars" come out and
shine. A certain Syracuse = South Carolina player once played with the Brazilian team , if I am not
mistaken. I was also a " junkie" for the Croatian National Team with a certain , "gnat" playing, as well
as her little sister ( same team, different years, same mortar shot 3 pointer ). FIBA s a great source of
European " highlight" films!! I'm looking forward for
the June 13 th Columbia vs USA game. Let the games begin! Go "ICE"!! Have a successful recuiting
season with the 6' 6" big girl, CD!!!

Reaction Score
I don't know what you mean. Please explain.

I hope Brady is so good and so much better than Del Rosario that she realizes she'll be a backup for 3 years at UConn. UConn loses DelRosario but has an AA. I'll gladly take that deal.

Reaction Score
I hope Brady is so good and so much better than Del Rosario that she realizes she'll be a backup for 3 years at UConn. UConn loses DelRosario but has an AA. I'll gladly take that deal.
That’s different.

Reaction Score
Yes, IMO Brady is better all around than Del Rosario, especially shooting and passing. And JMO but I don't think UConn is even recruiting her now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes, IMO Brady is better all around than Del Rosario, especially shooting and passing. And JMO but I don't think UConn is even recruiting her now.
and relation to Tom? ;)

Reaction Score
You can't teach size. Del Rosario has terrific potential. We should absolutely target her. I've read she doesn't have us on her list though.
Does anyone have us on their list nowadays? Geesh! Whats up with that?

Reaction Score
Not sure how much of Shade you have seen but she is the total package and can score from anywhere on the court...........clearly her jump shot is her number one weapon and she often backs the defender in before hitting a turnaround shot although usually its from 10-15 feet away.........not sure if that is what you are referring to but because she elevates so well on that shot, I think it will be effective against most guards under six feet......
I believe that Shade has a chance to be good at UConn because she is apparently a hard worker. My comment is not meant to be demeaning but to state that I think she needs to add to her game to what works in HS to what works at UConn. All incoming players need to add to their game from HS to college. UConn guards need to be good 3 point shooters I believe first and foremost. I think Lou will be a great addition to us this year becasue her game is suited to our offense. She is a good jump shooter who has a quick release and elevates well. She is also used to coming off screens for her shot. Shade could be that type of player she just needs the work. Paige was an effective 3 point shooter in 8th grade. Azzi was as well. Megan Walker developed her shot while at UConn thru hard work. I hope Shade will as well

Reaction Score
I believe that Shade has a chance to be good at UConn because she is apparently a hard worker. My comment is not meant to be demeaning but to state that I think she needs to add to her game to what works in HS to what works at UConn. All incoming players need to add to their game from HS to college. UConn guards need to be good 3 point shooters I believe first and foremost. I think Lou will be a great addition to us this year becasue her game is suited to our offense. She is a good jump shooter who has a quick release and elevates well. She is also used to coming off screens for her shot. Shade could be that type of player she just needs the work. Paige was an effective 3 point shooter in 8th grade. Azzi was as well. Megan Walker developed her shot while at UConn thru hard work. I hope Shade will as well
Shade is a highly fit, total effort player who also has really solid basketball skills at both ends of the court.............I'm confident she will be a good college basketball player, the only question is whether she will be a great one............

Reaction Score
And Shade might already have a great 3 point shot for all we know. We know her midgame is great. We will see how she adjusts to the college game.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
That is a decisive pro-type move, made to look simple from hours and hours of practice. Catch with back to basket, fake handoff, pivot, square up, show the ball to the right, bring it back and take it hard left, finish strong.

Pivot done on right leg so she can get a great first step to the left with her left leg.

The coaches will have fun building on what she already knows.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That is a decisive pro-type move, made to look simple from hours and hours of practice. Catch with back to basket, fake handoff, pivot, square up, show the ball to the right, bring it back and take it hard left, finish strong.
Brady has been extremely well schooled in post play. @BobbyJ was the first BYer to notice this and comment on it two years ago.

Reaction Score
I thought it was odd that she pulled the ball down and pivoted to her left. In effect, she brought it in front of the defender. Had she pivoted to her right the ball would never have been within the defender’s reach. Maybe the spacing made this unnecessary — its hard to see the spacing from this angle. Also, she brings the ball way low, maybe lower than the defender could have expected.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I thought it was odd that she pulled the ball down and pivoted to her left. In effect, she brought it in front of the defender. Had she pivoted to her right the ball would never have been within the defender’s reach. Maybe the spacing made this unnecessary — its hard to see the spacing from this angle. Also, she brings the ball way low, maybe lower than the defender could have expected.
At times a risky move indeed, especially at the college level and especially against collapsing zones and weak side help. But there was no zone here, no help coming, and Ice knew it. Also a player gets to know their competition, and clearly Ice figured this move, with her skills would be tough for this opponent at this time, at the top of the key to stop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom