Ice Brady makes the USA BB U18 Team [Merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ice Brady makes the USA BB U18 Team [Merged thread]

Reaction Score
I thought it was odd that she pulled the ball down and pivoted to her left. In effect, she brought it in front of the defender. Had she pivoted to her right the ball would never have been within the defender’s reach. Maybe the spacing made this unnecessary — its hard to see the spacing from this angle. Also, she brings the ball way low, maybe lower than the defender could have expected.
The “sweep through” with the ball was done so fast and in a fluid motion that most defenders would get called for a reaching foul if they place their hand or arms in the way of the motion. Ice did not pivot and stand. As mentioned this is a pro style move. Watch a little NBA and you’ll recognize it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I sense a tandem nickname for the pair? Fire and Ice maybe? :p
I believe that tandem nickname was already been taken by Chris Corchiani and Rodney Monroe of NC State back in the day.

Reaction Score
I thought it was odd that she pulled the ball down and pivoted to her left. In effect, she brought it in front of the defender. Had she pivoted to her right the ball would never have been within the defender’s reach. Maybe the spacing made this unnecessary — its hard to see the spacing from this angle. Also, she brings the ball way low, maybe lower than the defender could have expected.
I noticed all those things too. If the defender was on her, and you can't tell from that angle, spinning to the right would have been a much better move. I don't think bringing the ball that low is going to work all the time. In D1 hoops the ball will be swatted away.

Reaction Score
I noticed all those things too. If the defender was on her, and you can't tell from that angle, spinning to the right would have been a much better move. I don't think bringing the ball that low is going to work all the time. In D1 hoops the ball will be swatted away.
Can't read her mind, but looking at her eyes, I thought she brought it down to bounce pass to Rice on a give and go. Rice was covered and quickly vacates out of the lane taking her defender, so Isuneh countered with an offensive move using that space in the lane. Hard to believe that this from some long established chemistry. That means she just reacted to the defense. THAT is a very good sign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom